Winchester, Virginia
3.0

I am 61 and have normal vision for my age, and even with my glasses I can't read the font on the guide.I spent an hour on the phone last night with Comcast, the lady was nice, but all she could say was "they are working on it." How can they call it an "upgrade" if it's worse????

My TV is the same size as before so no excuses - they have plenty of room to make those letters BIGGER. Not to mention, when the cursor is on a show, the letters turn from white to blue. Blue on a black background.

What are they thinking?That in itself makes it even harder to see.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Ineffective customer service.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

Emily

The person that says go to Comcast labs is correct. It worked great.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1312530

Yes, I have had similar experiences with website upgrades and this is no different.Make it look sleek and sexy but, really.

Blue on black????? I think they should hire some 61-year-olds to design their website. At least beta test it on some geezers and geezettes, huh? And 61 isn't that OLD!

But then, the average 20-year-old can't tell the difference between a 38 -year-old and a 98-year-old!

Here's another one:

In their first upgrade after I signed up, they made it impossible to record multiple shows on my VCR.

(VCR: n. Acronym for "video cassette recorder" for you millenials out there. You can find them in the Smithsonian and in about half of the homes of 61-year-olds!)

I said the same thing.

"How is this and upgrade, again?" They said that I could get a DVR for $10/month.I said,"but look how free my VCR is!"

Well, I'm off to take my Maalox and complain about the Government.

Go into settings, then open Comcast Labs. You can increase the font size. The default setting is too small for me also but options 1, 2 and 3 work fine.

Emily
to Anonymous #1314308

This works perfectly thank you so much. Everyone answering there's no way in blah blah blah and the solution is right here.

I would preferred to have the larger font size as well.But you think the techies know how to do that?

Of course they do!!!

I'm pissed off as well.Techies can you take care of this now finally?

#1120817

Agreed.Still an issue and I'm not in my 60's.

We just have a big living room.

I can barely read the guide in the am and by night when my eyes are a little tired I have to move seats to see it.Not good.

I agree the font size needs to be bigger. In a perfect world it should be adjustable for all the different customers. We are in a tech age where awesome things are possible, having adjustable font size on the guide menu seems like a no brainer.

Have my eyes forsaken me
to Anonymous Conyers, Georgia, United States #1185985

This is so true.I asked my friend who just retired from Comcast if there was a way to enlarge the font on the guide and he said no.

With today's technology there's no reason why they haven't made this feature an option.So disappointed.