Comcast internet and phone service was installed for me on 5/14/2013 at which time I told the installer that the only "extra" phone service I wanted was caller ID although all of the other services are part of the package at no extra charge. I specifically said "no call waiting" or "voice mail". Somehow, call waiting was activated. Not only was it activated but it did not work properly as I was getting interrupted by another caller's voice while I was conversing on the phone and was disconnected of the original conversation. I called Comcast several times to have "call waiting" disabled and was disconnected from Comcast during several of these calls and nobody ever called back. A tech repair person was sent out to my home to try to take care of the problem to no avail. I was told that the problem had to be taken care of through the phone repair service which I then contacted. They told me that according to their information, the call waiting service was disabled but I continued to have the same problem. Again I called the telephone repair service and they said they would need to send out a technician at which time I told them a tech had already been out and couldn't do anything. The next thing I knew, I had lost the connection with whomever I was speaking to. The next thing I knew, I received an email confirming an appointment with a technician. Before the tech actually came to my home, he called and asked me some questions and after putting me on hold, came back to tell me there wasn't anything he could do and was going to elevate the problem to his supervisor who would call me. I never got a call from the supervisor but eventually was able to make contact after calling him several times as he never returned any of my phone calls. He was finally able to get the "call waiting" disabled after contacting someone in Colorado about the problem telling me that disabling call waiting was actually a 2-step process and only one step had been taken by Comcast. Okay?? Problem finally solved. However, on my next Comcast bill, I received a charge for a residential service call. I called Comcast to rectify this issue and was told they could not give me credit for this charge. I asked to speak with a supervisor who told me the same thing. I then asked to speak with that person's supervisor and was disconnected from the phone call. I don't understand why but I was often disconnected from Comcast during calls and although they always took my phone number at the beginning of the call, nobody ever called back.

Anyway, it seems to me that I should not have received a charge for a residential service call since the problem was a Comcast problem to begin with and they should have corrected it free of charge.

Again, I called the supervisor of the tech repair person (twice leaving a message) in hopes he could help rectify this situation but he never returned my calls.

Review about: Comcast Internet Service.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

Sacramento, California, United States #690512

I was finally able to get credit to my account after finding an email address for help (which by the way was not on the comcast web site).