Comcast - Will not repair their equipment

I have not been a Comcast customer for several years, however, some of my neighbors are. There is a Comcast cable box attached to the side of my townhouse. On Tuesday, 2/1/11, strong winds blew the lid off the box and the lid is dangling from the cable box with a cable wire holding it up, posing a danger to anyone passing by. It is also banging loudly against the side of the building. I have pictures.

On Saturday, 2/5/11, a Comcast technician was in the area. I asked him if he could put the lid back on and he just got in his truck and drove off. On Monday, 2/7/11, I called Comcast, explained the problem and requested they send someone out ASAP because of the possible danger. I was told a tech would be out on Wednesday. Late Wednesday afternoon I called Comcast to get a status of the technician. I was told a technician would not be out until 2/16/11. I asked to speak to a manager. After waiting on the phone for more than 20 minutes, I was told a manager would call me back. Today is Thursday, 2/10/11m 6:40 p.m. I have not received a call back.

This is a dangerous situation and someone from Comcast needs to take responsibility for their equipment asap.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Oct 21, 2015 #1051948

After all of that aggravation with Comcast and their "customer service" and their "professionals" WHY do you STILL HAVE A COMCAST BOX ON YOUR HOME?? You don't have their crappy service (thankfully) and I'm guessing they aren't paying you anything for allowing them the use of your townhouse for their equipment?? Believe me, if Comcast could come up with a fee for it, they would be charging YOU for that box...
So WHY is that box still on your townhouse again???
Shirley, MA

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Comcast. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Comcast.
Filing a new complaint about