Chicago, Illinois

I have not been a Comcast customer for several years, however, some of my neighbors are. There is a Comcast cable box attached to the side of my townhouse. On Tuesday, 2/1/11, strong winds blew the lid off the box and the lid is dangling from the cable box with a cable wire holding it up, posing a danger to anyone passing by. It is also banging loudly against the side of the building. I have pictures.

On Saturday, 2/5/11, a Comcast technician was in the area. I asked him if he could put the lid back on and he just got in his truck and drove off. On Monday, 2/7/11, I called Comcast, explained the problem and requested they send someone out ASAP because of the possible danger. I was told a tech would be out on Wednesday. Late Wednesday afternoon I called Comcast to get a status of the technician. I was told a technician would not be out until 2/16/11. I asked to speak to a manager. After waiting on the phone for more than 20 minutes, I was told a manager would call me back. Today is Thursday, 2/10/11m 6:40 p.m. I have not received a call back.

This is a dangerous situation and someone from Comcast needs to take responsibility for their equipment asap.

Review about: Broken Cable Box.

Review #220950 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

#1051948

After all of that aggravation with Comcast and their "customer service" and their "professionals" WHY do you STILL HAVE A COMCAST BOX ON YOUR HOME??You don't have their crappy service (thankfully) and I'm guessing they aren't paying you anything for allowing them the use of your townhouse for their equipment??

Believe me, if Comcast could come up with a fee for it, they would be charging YOU for that box...

So WHY is that box still on your townhouse again???

JF