Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Here's the surreal conversation between me and the comcast rep:

Chris: Is this the first time that you will add our Home Phone service?

You: i would like internet service. I was signing up for it, and couldn't figure out how to add phone service as well

You: yes, it's the first time

Chris: I will be very happy to assist you. For phone service, would you like to have unlimited local calling or unlimited local and long distance calling?

You: both

Chris: Is this the first time that you will add our Internet service?

You: can you tell me the difference in price, please

Chris: Sure! I can check that for you.

Chris: May I ask what types of things do you usually do online?

Chris: How are things coming along?

You: email, uploading pictures, downloading pictures, same for video, writing blog posts. I do all this a lot.

You: not sure what your last question means

Chris: Do you have speeds in mind for me to recommend a good internet plan for you?

You: I am sure the one I just tried to sign up for, with 20mbps upload, is adequate. I don't do movies. and it's faster than my dsl

Chris: How many computers or gaming devices do you connect to the internet? Are any of them laptops?

You: one laptop, two desk tops

Chris: Do you have compatible, reliable equipment to connect to the Internet (e.g. modem)?

You: compatible with what. I have something that is compatible to my DSL

You: I really filled out the whole internet order on line. Could you check what I did, and then could we just add to it?

Chris: I apologize I am only an Online Sales Specialist and does not have access to any customers' account for security reasons.

Chris: Is this the first time that you will add our Internet service?

You: well tell me how to sign up for the phone and internet together online. I am getting really irritated.

Chris: Sure thing! May I ask if this is the first time that you will add our internet service?

You: yes

Chris: Thank you so much for those information. One moment please while I look for a package that best suits your needs.

You: also you were going to tell me the difference between just local and local plus long distance

Chris: Local would mean calls within the States and Long distance would be out of the States.

Chris: Please hold.

You: within this state or within the U.S. and long distance would be international? is that what you mean

Chris: Let me check please.

You: thanks

Chris: Unlimited local and long-distance calling to the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.

You: and what does without the long distance include. that's what is unclear to me. what is considered local?

Chris: One moment please.

Chris: Please hold.

Chris: Thank you for waiting. Great news! Our Performance Internet at this time has a promotion for the first 6 months at $19.99/month for current customers with Cable TV or Phone adding internet for the first time.

Chris: When you continue using our Performance Internet from months 7 - 12 the pricing would be $34.99/month. From months 13 and on the pricing of our Performance Internet is at $62.95/month.

Chris: With the Comcast Unlimited plan, you will receive unlimited local and long distance calling including 12 popular calling features for one flat monthly rate. Unlimited local and long distance calling will include the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada and certain other U.S. territories.

Chris: Are you still with me?

You:  Well, that is significantly more money than I am paying for DSL service except for the first 6 months. What kind of deal is that?

You: You still haven't told me what local means on the telephone and what the cost is for all three services combined. I am offering to buy two new services that I have never had from you before, and I am having trouble getting all the info from you.

You: By all the info I mean defining the term local re telephone and all the prices.

You: What will i pay total for my current tv services, my new internet, and my new telephone services (two prices needed, one with local, one with local and long distance; and what does local mean?)

Chris: We can check how much your monthly bill will be including the tax when we reached Step 5 of the order process before you commit to anything.

You: This is very unfriendly, and again, your internet price is too high

You: I'm supposed to be getting a better deal than I am currently paying. But you are saying in a year I will be paying double what I am currently paying for internet alone!

Chris: I can understand that. Comcast Internet services are powered by an enhanced fiber-optic network, it's faster than any other internet provider and we have the most reliable speed. You'll surely get your money's worth.

You: Also, why do I have to wait to get a definition of what "Local" service means. Your previous definition was unclear. I would like to make that decision now and get it behind me, but you are not giving me the basic info

Chris: I apologize I do not have control over the prices and promos of our services with its equipments. I am only a Sales Online Specialist who will be answering your questions about our packages online.

You: No, give me someone who can bring the price down

You: the whole point of getting numerous services packaged is to get a better dealYou: not a worse one

Chris: I really apologize however, I can only offer you the prices that are found on our website with its corresponding eligibility.

You: but really, can you please give me a definition of "local" telephone service. Is a call to California included. It seems that is what you meant previously

You: give me someone else if you can only offer the prices that are on your website

Chris: Unlimited local and long distance calling will include the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada and certain other U.S. territories.

You: and give me someone who can clearly define the word local

You: you are only defining local and long distance. what is the definition of no long distance

Chris: Those are the places you can call.

You: you are still not answering the question. please give me someone who can

You: I am copying this *** conversation and posting it online as proof of comcast failure.

Chris: I really apologize. One moment please.

Chris: Local calling would mean that it is within your area and zip code while Long Distance would be outside your zip code.

You: thank you for that bit of clarity

Chris: You are welcome!

Chris: Did you know that XFINITY now offers the total home security and home control solution?

Chris: It's called XFINITY Home, and it lets you easily and remotely manage your security system, monitor your home, and control your lights and thermostat. XFINITY Home keeps you more connected to your home and family – wherever you are. To learn more about Xfinity Home and speak with one of our Xfinity Home specialist, go to http://www.xfinity.com/home or call 888-738-5673.

You: really, not that I care, but if I called center city, which is a different zip code, it would be long distance? ha ha. you have got to be kidding.

You: I am just trying to get internet and telephone. so far you haven't helped me with that

You: i do not want to hear about any other options

Chris: Our Performance Internet at this time has a promotion for the first 6 months at $19.99/month for current customers with Cable TV or Phone adding internet for the first time.

You: You already mentioned that and I pointed out that last price is double my current rate. You need to get me a supervisor

Chris: I really apologize however, we can only offer you the prices that are found on our website with its corresponding eligibility.

You: good bye. you just lost this customer

Comments

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of Comcast CEO

it went downhill from there. First I lost my telephone service two days later because Comcast slammed me.

Then Verizon said for five days that they couldn't yet restore my service because they hadn't gotten the Comcast cancellation I requested. And Comcast claimed they did put in the cancellation.

Everyone admitted some level of culpability in the end. And finally , when my husband wrote a column in the newspaper, we got better service and deal from Verizon, a better deal from Comcast for our tv service and I'm irritated with both of them, but more so with Comcast.

:cry HOLY ***!! It's like a whos on first! Very entertaining for the spectator...hopefully you have more/better options in your area...that a joke!

I used to be a CAE at Lynnwood,WA Tech Repair call center. Comcast Cares Day is a joke.

You had to use a vacation day to participate in the HARD PHYSICAL LABOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE DAY.

Comcast Cares...but not much.

Comcast Cares...about $$$. If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department.