My experience is similar to many who've posted to this and many other sites, but I want to add that after almost 8 months of the royal run-around, Comcast will NOT send the netbook NOR will they give me any compensation other than a "we apologize for the inconvenience" and oh - "how about a $30 credit to your account?"

Basically, it's a clear case of deception. They offer you the Triple Play services plus the free netbook, then they turn right around and send you a contract DIFFERENT from what you were offered, clearly hoping you don't read the fine print (or are even able to interpret THEIR INTERPRETATION of the fine print) so that they can turn around and say, "I'm not sure what was offered to you, but that is NOT what was in your contract."

This finally came to a head today 3/18/10, my SEVENTH call (not to mention all the online service "chats" I've had with Comcast) to inquire about the netbook and a lot of back and forth between Comcast and their outsourced "Rebate Center." I also got a different story EVERY time I called. Today, after an hour of interacting with the cutomer service rep as he performed a fine-toothed comb treatment through my account, I finally was transferred to a supervisor from a call center in Mexico who was very abrupt (but, at least he wasn't rude). He put down the hammer on the whole issue, was adamant that I would not receive a netbook or anything comparable, but offered the $30 credit.

How can we go about instituting a class action law suit??? It seems to me that many were intentionally duped, and the whole offer seemed to be a bait and switch at the very least. I started filing a complaint on the Better Business Bureau website. Is this worthwhile???

Review about: Comcast Account.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

I too am filing a complaint against Comcast with my Division of Consumer affairs in NJ.I signed up for Triple play in November with promise of a camcorder.

After many calls for the past 5 minth, (the person I talked to in in March said that the camcorder had been shipped and they would track it and call me back within 2 weeks). NO phone call and no camcorder as of this writing. So, I call today and they say that I MUST sign up for HD TV to get the camcorder that I was promised 6 months ago. I told them my TV is 20 years old and the service tech should/should have told me that when they were at my home installing everything.

Now the woman says someone will call me back and explain what I signed up for.

I am not *** I have the paperwork and it does not say that I need to go to HD TV which will cost more per month to get this *** camcorder.IF there is a class action law suit out there let me know and I will sign right up.

:( absolute hate comcast...where can i find this class action lawsuit against them

have tried getting someone to talk to me for over 3 months...i get the same response. I will file and email...

you didnt send the contract in on time

I DID...

this is ridiculous.

I filed a complaint today with the BBB but again I am not sure if it will help but I am also thinking about filing a class action law suit because I do not like the lie that Comcast fooled us all with!!