State: Washington City: Gig Harbor Product: Comcast Digital Tv Service Clear all filters (1 of 6 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Gig Harbor, Washington - Run By a Cast of Idiots

Kept getting messages on my Cable TV that I needed to upgrade my set-top box, as it would soon not be fully compatible with recent upgrades. So I initiate the process to get the new box, which duly arrives, well packaged and with good instructions. Pull out old box. Put in new box. Run the "activation process" for the new over the internet, which supposedly worked. Turn things on, and try to access Cable TV. Nothing. Fiddle with the remote and finally get an output from the box to the TV (yay....something is actually on the screen). But no programs. So I call Xfinity/Comcast and try to figure things out. The bottom line is that THE LINE FEEDING MY SERVICE AREA has NOT BEEN UPGRADED so the new box will work. And the tech will not do the upgrade until 11 June (today is 6 June). So I will have no access to cable until the upgrade is done. Soooo.....in order to have any TV access AT ALL, I am forced to revert to "over the air" digital reception, which, fortunately, I kept a backup. Comcast "did" say that they would credit my account so that I will not be billed for the days until the new box should work. But......telling your customers they need to upgrade BEFORE the upgrade on their end is done has to be about the ultimate in stupidity.
Review
Service
Comcast Digital Tv Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Get your act together and figure out which came first....chicken or egg.
Tags