State: Washington Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (31 of 765 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Comcast dumped Universal Sports. I dump Comcast.

Comcast says Universal Sports dumped them. Universal Sports has been running ads to keep USN on cable. Sorry folks, I believe USN. Frankly, this will be it for me. I'm moving to satellite. Everytime I have a problem - it's not Comcast's problem. When it IS their problem. Constantly have internet that drops and it's never their problem. This one is now it - I watch USN exclusively. As I told the agent I just spoke with when she said that USN refuses to work with Comcast...it's takes two sides in a negotiation and it hasn't been Comcast that has been prodding viewers to contact the providers, it has been USN. Come on, folks, I am now paying the same for a line up that has now changed. I don't need another "paid advertising" channel - I want back what I signed up for.

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of CEO of Comcast

Please bring back Usn. It was my favorite sports station.loved the track and field.

I have sent many a comment and requests to Comcast as to why Universal Sports is not on and never got a response. I called and spoke to 2 different reps and was told that they didn't know why. :( :(

So,

In an Olympic year, you decided to pull Universal Sports from free cable, including parent company Comcast, and put it on DirectTV, meaning people who were fans of Unirversal Sports, and wondering why it was mismanaged in such a way that the only ads it could attract were C-class ***, are now faced with switching to satellite, and then paying extra for an expanded package, which in an overwhelming number of cases won't happen.

Or, if they do decide to switch, in a fantastic assbackwards strategy of reverse synergy, IT WILL BE AWAY FROM PARENT COMPANY COMCAST, who just bought Universal Sports, I assume to make money. I just can't figure that one out.

Brilliant! In an Olympic year! Exactly when viewership of an Olympic sports station, if managed competently, which it hasn't, would spike! So now, I gather, the two arms of Comcast are negotiating with eachother, and apparently not coming to agreement, because Universal Sports is still dark on cable in all forms, which means it is making no money at all.

Oh, and that *** astroturf campaign, where viewers were supposed to contact their provider and plea for Universal Sports, as if it was the providers who were changing the deal! As if the providers weren't actually owners of Universal Sports! No mention made of Universal's repositioning strategy. So we were supposed to stay ignorant while being conned into doing your work for you! That's hilarious, in a Carl Rove sort of way. What a way to build support!

In the meantime, viewers are moving on and giving up, and it will be a fight to get them back. That is, the ones, such as myself, who aren't furious. The only way that US management could be happy with these results is if they intended to actually kill this station in a way that generates the greatest amount of confusion and ill will. My comments above are misinformed or missing the mark? Well, perhaps it is because a big fan, who is very interested in the station, and knows his way around the internet, CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE *** IS GOING ON!

Do you remember the Netflix fiasco? This is actually a much worse case of arrogance, mismanagement and misleading communication, and the only reason it isn't a bigger deal is because, unlike Netflix, US has never managed to figure out how to be successful in the first place. Another thing I can't figure out: Marathoning, cross-country skiing, swimming, gymnastics, etc. . .these are sports followed by the highest-achieving students and eventually the highest income professionals in the country. You found no way to reach them?

In conclusion, whether you are incompetent or merely duplicitous, you are shmucks. Feel free to circulate this letter. I will.

Comcast is abysmal. With Universal Sports being dumped it's the last straw - I'm on to Direct TV.

There is a group of us who get together to watch the Alpine Skiing and we'll get it one way or the other. You're spot on about them not taking any responsiblity for anything, the fact that the TV in the bedroom does not get HD of course is our fault etc.... For the love of God, if after listening over the phone to the longest line of B.S. instructions leading to an absurd "kabuki dance" to correct it didn't work, don't you think you could send a tech out?

They're like th old joke when Bell monopolized the phone companys. "We're the phone company (insert "Cable"), we don't have to care....

Comcast just lost a lawsuit filed by the Tennis Channel for favoring their own channels over ones they don't own. Because of this, they won't pick up Universal Sports until someone like Time Warner does first.

Universal Sports was distributed via Multi-cast, which means it sat on additional bandwidth that local NBC affiliate channels are required to have available.

They are moving off of multicast to regular cable in a sports tier in order to collect cable subscriber fees (from the cable companies) to fund the increase of the production value of the network and provide better programming. DirecTV was the first one to offer them distribution in this form and they are working on additional deals with Time Warner, Verizon VIOS, Comcast, etc.

I'm considering dropping my digital preferred package because Comcast has dropped Universal Sports. Universal Sports wasn't part of the package, but this is my way of showing my displeasure.

If I could drop Comcast entirely I might do it, but we get bulk service at my condo building and I'm charged for basic cable through my monthly assessment whether I want it or not.

Universal Sports is one of my favorite channels and even after a couple of days I'm already missing it! The "negotiations" response from Comcast customer service seems absurd considering Comcast owns Universal Sports!

Isn't it strange that Comcast says is was dumped by Universal Sports when Comcast owns 100 percent of Universal Sports. I too will be leaving Comcast!

View more comments (8)

Comcast in Puyallup, Washington - Billing and change of name

I have been a client of Comcast ever since they came to Washington. They had my personal and business service. Two years ago, I canceled my personal service, they raised my rate for internet, phone and TV to $164.00 per month. I went to Dish TV and lowered my rate to $99 without internet. I tried to change the business name on my billing from the former insurance company to Lake Tapps Insurance. Nine months later it still isn't done. Caller ID on you TV, still shows the former company. I am sitting here on hold with Comcast, trying to get them to correct the problems for the 5th time. I'm not holding my breath. Comcast is not on my Christmas Wish list.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

Comcast Internet Service

Worst customer service, and lies from Comcast

So much has happened it has been unbelieveable. We called to find out about downgrading. We had our cable for many years and our internet we had for 1 year. I know I signed up for only 1 year but they said we signed up for 2 years when we started the internet. They wouldn't tell us on the phone what our "contract" says so they mailed it to us. What I noticed is the "contract" they sent us was dated for 4 months after we signed up and it said "if you don't reply to this notice you will be enrolled in a 2 year agreement!" What the heck is that?! I don't remember receiving it, so if we did get it it was mixed in with all the other random junk mail they send us. Very sneaky. But what is worse is after finally talking to several reps, one of them told me they have a "NEW" promotion where we could get basic cable and internet of 20 mbps for $39.99 a month for one year and $54.99 for the second year. I told her I don't like committing to contracts but that was what we were looking for so I agreed, she sent me to the VRU to confirm my agreement to their terms. She then told me to take all my boxes except the modem to their walk in. We went to the Auburn WA location, and we spent 1 hour, yes 1 hour in line waiting for assistance along with a ton of other people. During that one hour I saw the most worst customer service by someone named Christopher. He was belittling people, yelling at them, one he said "I am sick and tired of you people asking me questions about your bills, it is simple to read, what do you not understand?!" OMG, really? He proceeded to belittle, and tell people things like "too bad" and that's the way it is, and you people make your own line its not my fault it goes out the door (it was like 30 degrees out at 9am when they opened). I saw person after person storm out after talking to him, with nothing in their hands. Well it was our turn, we luckly got the other guy, but he said that they discontinued that offer and he couldn't help us!? Really? We were told it was a new offer a week ago and now it no longer exists and he said they cancelled it about 4 days into the promotion! Wow. He says there was nothing he could do and then quoted me a price of $64 a month for the same service that was quoted at $39. He even said there were noted in my account stating I was promised that package but he couldn't help me. So we said forget it, and we left, like everyone else, with nothing in our hands and a big distaste of Comcast and their horrible customer service and their sneaky business practices telling you you have it for 1 year and then sending something that looks like junk mail saying you are now being put into a 2 year contract, then telling me lies on the phone as to what they can offer me....AND they want to charge us a cancellation fee too!!!! Unbelievalbe! So after all this poor service, we decided to move all our business to Qwest and Direct TV. Comcast employees need a LOT of training, an overhaul of employees, and better education in customer service! Bye Bye Comcast, I hope you disappear just like Blockbluster and the other big companies who thought they were safe and can treat their customers so horribly.

Comcast in Seattle, Washington - Kept increasing my bill

infinity/comcast sucks, i wanted to keep my bill as low as possible,but then i started getting my bills and they were higher than they were soppose to be, i was on the phone every month trying to sort it out, when i finally canceled they sent me a bill double what my bill should have been, actually never sent a bill just turned me into collections with the total without no warning,when i contacted them about the situation they were not even willing to work with me,the customer service is not helpful at all, stay away from this company it is a rip off,
Loss

Comcast and Me: A Dysfunctional Love Story

I get into dysfunctional relationships. I admit it. My girlfriends traditionally like to show up to my work, threaten me, and then get it on all in the same day. They love me, hate me, lie to me, let me down, tease me and drive me crazy. When I signed up for Comcast's services, I thought it would be easy, but it's become one of my worst relationships ever. I'd take any of those crazy hot girls over the dysfunction I get with Comcast. I'm guessing I've been on the phone with them for over 30 hours. I'll only relate my worst experiences. They don't send me bills. I have to go out of my way to get a bill. I forgot to pay them one month, because they didn't send a bill. They called and threatened to come out and turn off my internet that day if I didn't give them a credit card. I called back and said I thought that was rude. The guy said he's waive the late fee if I paid with a credit card right then. I paid. Then I was charged the late fee and an additional $6 fee for paying by phone! I tried to get that cleared up and she told me she had no record of this. One time they failed and needed to send a tech. I was told that someone would be here between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. WTF? I have a job. 13 hours? Seriously? Three hours on the phone later, someone told me they just needed to come out and flip a switch on the outside of my house. They are torturing me. I hate them. Service goes out and it takes an hour to get someone to fix it. "Cycle the modem" "Unplug this" "Unplug that" "we'll send someone out, but it may cost you money" "I've wasted two hours of your life, but I'll give you a free pay per view movie." ***, I'd be happy if the regular TV worked. I don't need a free viewing of "Weekend at Bernies" to make me happy. Why do I keep going back? I need my Internet *** to load fast, so I keep going back. I can't take the abuse anymore. I am not paying them another dime and I am giving up internet ***.

Comcast in Seattle, Washington - Xfaility does not use it's own service

I have friends who work for Comcast and employees do NOT use Comcrap internet to do their work. They use T1 lines. They treat employees badly. My friend worked their for 12 years and got fired for too many absences all due to inclement weather. Comcast makes employees work off of the clock. Their supervisor sent email telling them to work off of the clock. Comcrap is always in list of 10 worst companies for customer service so no surprise that they treat employees bad. Comcrap must die. Expensive and *** service. Techs are honest and say cables are too old and must be replaced

Comcast in Everett, Washington - Communication difficult and useless

1.I got passed from rep to rep all over the country trying to schedule service to my home. I'm pretty sure I was on the phone for an hour. 2.When I finally talked to someone in my state they somehow hooked my phone number to a name and address in a town an hour away, so the guy went to that house instead of mine. I had to call again to schedule an appointment. 3.In the course of all the fol-de-rol, I had no cable or online service for a week, so I asked to be reimbursed on my bill for that week, but I again got passed from person to person, and no one was able to help with that. 4.I have not been able to access our account online, so I called Comcast to ask for help with that. I was told I need either the four-digit code (but the one I always use didn't work) or they could call my Comcast land line to give me the code, but we don't have a Comcast land line. So I can't even access my statements because I don't have the password. The people are pleasant, but the system is beyond frustrating. Grrrr.

Comcast in Vancouver, Washington - Their modem doesn't mean their modem

In January after having had numerous Internet issues at home I called Comcast and they sent me a new modem. I installed it and sure enough, no more Internet connection problems. I was paying $5. per month extra for that old modem and now have been paying $7. extra per month for a modem. On the sheet that they sent along with the new modem (with Comcast's logo on top) it states: "Disposal of Old Equipment. To protect our environment please dispose of your old cable modem properly............Please note there is no charge if you do not return your old modem, but we recommend that the equipment is disposed of properly." Today, more than 4 months later in my monthly bill they charged me $40. for "Unreturned Equipment." When I called and asked what that was for they explained that was for their old defective modem not being returned. No help from that poor service rep. After then being on hold for at least 20 more minutes I finally got to speak to "a supervisor" who explained that "your old modem" did not mean Comcast's old modem. No, no, even though they shipped the new one to me because their old one was defective "your old modem" and "no charge if you do not return" it merely meant that they wouldn't charge me if I did not ship my own personally owned (non Comcast) modem back to them. I still have to return that defective old Comcast modem ("disposed of properly"....4 months ago?) and they insist on charging me for it. Amazing and I'm sure many others are having that same issue with Comcast.
Loss

Comcast in Seattle, Washington - Slow internet connection

At first I was patient enough with the constantly slow internet connection. But this slow connection is getting slower and slower each day and I cant play any online games at all. I've tried to call comcast and they promise that they going to fix it, but its not fixed yet until now. Their bills are getting higher and higher and yet their service is getting poorer and poorer. My friend also has the same problem with me and they only give empty promise to fix the connection. But what do we got until now? Nothing! Comcast never care about customer they only want money.

Sometime in may Comcast installed something outside that they claimed was supposed to make it easier for them to access the cables buried in the ground, ever since then performance has been *** I went from being able to stream HD movies from Zune flawlessly to having them constantly drop into poor quality mode due to apparent interruptions in connection speed, I shut down all other computers to make sure there was no other activity. Really sub bar quality lately.

I totally agree -- Comcast is driving me CRAZY. I pay 60/month, internet only. The rest of the nation is getting 9mbps download times and I'm getting about 1mbps (or lower).

WTF Comcast????

:( Yes! Comcast is running so slow today that I searched it on google and found this site.

I cant even get my emails.

When I asked them to lower my bill ($200 triple play)they said they couldn't help me. I'm switching to AT&T ASAP!

View more comments (2)

Comcast- shoddy payment system

Comcast customer service is an absolute joke. I literally spent an entire hour trying to use their shoddy phone system to make a payment. Press 1 for credit card and it asks for my checking account account routing number! How ***! It is $6 to talk to a person - there's 30 mins of press number garbage before that is even an option. I think Comcast deliberately has a shoddy phone system to steal from people more easily. ...Surely people that provide phone and internet service could have a system that actually works? Cox Cable is so much better- don't waste your time with Comcast. Cox has a phone system that actually works, better prices, and doesn't charge you $6 to talk to a person!

It doesn't cost $6 to talk to a person, but it might cost $6 to make a payment through a representative. This is indeed meant to deter you from making payments over the phone, as it costs to staff the call centers and it is completely unnecessary to make payments this way.

I suggest making payments online.

Go to customer.comcast.com. If you don't have your log in information you will have to call to get it, but they will not charge you for that, and assuming you don't forget your password you'll never have to deal with the pay by phone deal again.