State: Virginia City: Reston Clear all filters (14 of 3995 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast in Reston, Virginia - Charging for 2 months after request to disconnect.

For business customers Comcast makes you sign an agreement. In that agreement they say there are other terms and conditions that are on their website. When you go to cancel service that is not under any contract they bill you for an additional 2 months of service referencing an agreement that you did not sign but was supposedly referenced somewhere on their web site. I found this so outrageous that I have decided I will never use Comcast again and will ensure that they never get a good reference from me. As the CSR at Comcast said "what difference will that make"!!

Same thing happened to me! However, they charged me for 6 months after I cancelled. Once I notified them of the error, they only refunded me for 3 months stating that they charge and additional 2 months + some processing fee.

Extremely unethical business practices.

Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Not In Contract

Comcast in Reston, Virginia - Poor Customer Service and NO service

Comcast has been "providing" internet and cable TV using a temporary line to my home for the last 1 year. Every month I go into the Reston office and ask that the line be buried, since I get intermittent service with the temporary --NOTHING till 2 days ago, when they cut my internet and buried the line! I don't have internet now and Brian from customer relations said it was because I was a month late on my bill and Comcast plays with the internet if you are late. I made over 10 calls to agents in the Phillipines, Mexico and Baltimore all in vain. Poor communication and singing in the background (from the Phillipines) and wasting 2 days of work is all I have to show. Brian from Customer Relations also told me that the technician cancelled my appointment beacuse I was late paying my bill. The previous day another technician apparently went to my neighbours home (I am the only one with Comcast) and said that I was not home. DON'T GET COMCAST as a provider!!! I was patient for a year and now I have NO internet service and customer relations could careless!!!!!

I had Comcast for over 8 years and the customer service was horrible. I switched to ATT Uverse and although that are not great either, that are better than comcast.

As a black woman, I found that the black women were nastier than the causian or hispanic.

I would love to work at Comcast to show them that all black women are not mean. I filed a formal complaint with comcast and never heard from anyone and I will stay with Uverse even though comcast is closer to my home.

@Mary Cooper

had Comcast for over 8 years and the customer service was horrible. I switched to ATT Uverse and although thay are not much better either, but they are better than comcast.

As a black woman, I found that the black women working for Comcase were nastier than the causian or hispanic customer service representatives.

I would love to work at Comcast to show them that all black women are not mean. I filed a formal complaint with comcast and I never heard from anyone and I will stay with Uverse even though comcast is closer to my home.

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Tags
  • Phillipines

COMCAST -- bad start to internet

Brand new to Comcast internet. Worked great on installation, using our purchased Gateway modem (docsys 2). When the outside cable was updated one week later, Up Time became intermittent. Calls over 3 days to Comcast were met with individuals who did not listen and wanted to only follow a script. Three reps wanted to blame the modem -- eventually, we thought that was true and ordered a new modem (which we cancelled later). Finally, after 3 calls and connecting with a rep who could think and respond in kind, a technician was scheduled for the following morning. That person found a faulty connection outside the house, which we suspected all along. The technician indicated that these faulty connections are found repeatedly. The replacement cables are installed by a contracting company who Comcast can "bill back" for the bad install. It seems that corrective measures should have been taken long ago. For the inconvenience, we were given a $20 credit on our bill. Horrible way to start new service. We, however, purposely avoided the alternative of Century Link, expecting just these kinds of problems. Technology, these days, has few improvements in service quality!

Comcast customer service

have been trying to access a free on demand movie for about a month noone at comcast can give me a straight answer as to why i cannot get it ? also they have been double billing us for mlb innings and cannot seem to fix the problem my wife has spoken to a bunch of different people at comcast one of them named ashley was very rude to my wife and hung up on her also the supervisors at comcast do not return phone calls we are disgusted with comcast and going to switch cable companies ashley should be fired for the way she spoke to my wife

Comcast Cable bills

Fool me once shame on me fool me twice SHAME on you.I pay my Comcast bill by credit card so I rarely review my bill for T.V. & high speed internet. I came across a charge for modem rental. I've had my own for years. Best I could find I've been paying this charge for seven months. My first call to "customer service" I was told they could only go back 2 months. My second call they went back 7 month but would have to have a tech verify I had my own modem. The tech did but I couldn't get my refund on my third call I hit a stone wall. My letter to corporate president did eventually get my full refund. So now I check my bills found that for the past five months (OK I'm not very good at bill checking)I've been charge for cable TV box's that I don't have SHAME ON THEM!! My first call has produced my refund. Please check your COMCAST bill!

When will Com cast stop the "NEW" cost bs. How are they not a monopoly?

Verizon does not service my area any longer, As I was rudely told to by Com cast customer service. Now they add digital TV they want to bill me 1.99 per TV in my house?

just to get cable I am already paying for? I think they are a money sucking greedy

I too recently checked my bill when a new rate increase letter came,I have standard cable. The cost for standard cable DID NOT macth any of the costs for cable service,so I called only to be told that I was"grandfathered into the original contract" which was a higher rate than any shown on the list!

Worse yet when they transmitted an analog signal I was getting HD tv, now that they have changed to digital HD is a whole new tier and will cost me more to get what I had before.

They say I was getting HD in error and it was corrected in the change over. I say people went out and bought new tvs when the broadcasters were required to transmit in digital and almost all tvs are now HD so comcast hooked everyone on HD then removed it so they could charge more for something thats already in the cable system but turned off for people who don't pay more

have had horrible customer service with comcast mutiple billing issues have paid over 600 dollars to comcast since service was installed jann 22 and it is barley april 6th no other cable is offered where I live.

dianenca

ALWAYS, ALWAYS check each and every utility bill, especially phone and cable bills. In 4 years with Verizon I received 3 correct bills.

Always overcharged. Logged over 100 hours on hold or being transferred and then hung up on. My neighbor checked their bill and realized they had been paying for someone elses internet for months.

They got a refund. Now I immediately file a complaint with FCC and get quick results.

View more comments (3)

Comcast in Reston, Virginia - Unsatisfied

I am dissatisfied with comcast because of the guy that installed it for us. He rushed us through the process, did not explain what he was doing, told us that our computer was really old, did not leave a welcome information booklet then forgot his drill. I was told that he was going to be here for 3-4 hours, he was here for 45 minutes tops. After he left the telephone would not work. We found that he did not hook the jack up right and a wire was not connected! Need I go on? I live at 21 Whitney Hill Rd. in Brooline Vermont and would like an informational booklet sent to us asap. Robyn Ziegner

Bait and switch. It has cost us now more than $800.00 in less than 90 days for something that was supposed to cost less than $450.00.

Wonders will never cease to amaze me ow these companies continue to pry on the general consumer.

How they stay in business while stealling from the public in a monopolistic state of business. Has anyone heard of the Attorney General?

Poor comcast service

Comcast internet has been unrealiable and repair servies takes at least 5 days. several times per month i have to get help reseting a router or some other thing that that requires more than cycling the power on the router. I have to make about 5 calls per month at least. each takes about 1/2 hour between phone tree messages and wait times. then there is the 5 day repair response. If i had an option i would take it in a minute. I only subscribe to basic cable and internet because i refuse to send them additional business to them.

I seriously doubt Comcast will ever get it together...they just don't care. We cancelled our service after many years and went to Direct TV.

You have to watch your bills with Direct TV but the service part is so much better than Comcast. All Comcast had to do was to fix the lines properly after Hurricane Ike but they wouldn't listen.

I've heard good things about ATT Uverse too but it's not available to us.... yet.

Switching back to Direct TV and AT@T for internet. I'm so sick of comcast's b.s., it's no longer even funny.

Shaq should be ashamed for doing commericals for this company. Shaq may got your back but Comcast isn't no where to be found.

#102003

Try Direct TV Great!!! Over 150 channels and quick installations. U can even find them in best buy:-)

:( i have had comcast for awhile and to no avail it sucks, they always say its me in my neighborhood....about 10 houses on the street and they are older ..all cables are buried and my real problem arises when heavy rains set it ...or on this case ..melting snow.. sends service to heck ...im sure its prob as simple as pulling new cable for the 10 houses ...but they refuse after several complaints from not only i but the others on the block

get it together comcast NOW!!!!

View more comments (3)
Loss

Comcast doesnt have to care about customer service

I called Comcast on Sat. at 2 p.m. to fix my tv cable. He said someone would be at my house before 9 p.m. that night. I called at 7 p.m. to check the status only to find the supervisor never put a service order in about my problem. Technician came out on Sunday but couldn't fix the problem. Told me someone would be out that afternoon. I called at 6 p.m. Sunday and was told by rep "we don't really have to come out...we have 24 hours from the time the work order was submitted." Is now Monday morning--almost noon. Still no technician. Wrote V.P. Germano. His office supposedly helping me. I'm losing money because I have to stay home and wait on these people. Please, if you have problems with Comcast contact your state consumer affairs office and the FCC. We also need to petition for competition. Comcast is a monopoly, which is why they don't care about customer service. I'm contacting my state rep and city/county commissioners to bring competition into the area.

I have had comcast service for about 2+ years now. I accept the high prices, as I do have a lot of channels and fast internet. However; the service has a tremendous amount of LAG. Very fustrating when attempting to use the POS DVR box. I remember the update back in June07. That was supposed to cure the problems or thats what technical support stated. Instead, the update removed the Microsoft OS and placed a wanna be TIVO style. We lost functionality! I no longer could remove channels from the index that I did not want. Like the 20+ pay per view sports ticket channels, that now I must transition through to get to the channels I want. Also, the recording functions of the DVR, no longer supported choosing a channel or time frames of individual shows. As for the LAG, it is still prevalent. I felt very ripped off, the update reduced the level of functionality that I enjoyed. Now comes the point of the conversation.

Today, I realized the true Corporate values of Comcast. I have been attempting to cancel one of my premium channels. I have been calling support for 2-3 weeks, Each time I called I used the option to cancel services and was recieving a recorded message stating the current wait time was over an hour. 1 hour hold times is completely unacceptable. Sometimes, it disconnected the call automatically "Due to Exceptionally High Call Volume".

Today, after getting the usual response of wait time greater than 1 hour. I hung up. But then I called back, I used the option to add services. I was immediately connected with a service representative. (The service agent I talked to helped me cancel the premium service, so that was taken care of.) HUH, wait a minute. Why would I recieve immediate service to add services but over an hour to reduce services.

Now, yes you can tell me that the digital broadcast transition has increased the call volume. DO NOT GIVE ME THAT LINE OR STANDARD EXCUSE. If that was the case, then the large hold times would be on adding services also. The only reason I can think of, is that they reduce the service that reduces the income for the corporation.

Yes, I finally got the Premium channel cancelled after two weeks, thereby; giving the company increased revenue because I could not cancel what I did not want, when I wanted to, but had to pay for since it was a service connected to my account that was active. Way to go Comcast. Extra half month of premium channel revenue. But the down side is that I am a disgruntled customer who is evaluating other options.

I commend them on thier solid commitment to corporate values and increase revenue.

Review

Comcast Cable Company should be out of business!!

I was with Warner Cable before it was bought out by Comcast. I have been unable to have my cable service fixed for EIGHT weeks. I have had 4 techinicians that came and each said they fixed the problem. I have switched 2 boxes. I have spent numerous hours on the line complaining. This evening was tops! After being out of service on internet, phone and cable since Sept 12 internet and phone came back on today. Cable still out. 1 call said it would be on in 30 minutes after troubleshooting..NOT. Called back 5 times hung up four because I was on hold longer than 15 minutes. Last time they said they could not schedule a tech to come out because there are outages in Area. Now I am done! What a *** I am to have lasted this long with such incompetence!!! ATT here I come. Please help me out!
Review

Comcast, bad service, long phone and chat waits, expensive

I have been on hold for 48 minutes/41 on the live chat. Comcast is the worst. The communications commission should put them out of business!!! My bill is higher that other services. I was lured into comcast with the $99 bundle and then of course after 6 months it skyrocketd. Typical bait and switch. I hope that by complaining something happens that affects the way Comcast does business. Now I'm getting pissed that I have to type 100 words to *** about Comcast. What else can I say. I hate wasting my time and now I have to type more *** to satisfy pissed consumer. Holy ***!!!!