State: Virginia Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (28 of 763 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Comcast in Woodbridge, Virginia - A Monopoly Gone terribly wrong and not listening to its customers.

Comcast; gonna keep it short n simple..... Ur Service sucks (works half the time, the other time I have constant blackouts. Your customer service sucks(have ur guys show up on time; if at all) Ur internet site sucks. U have 15 listings for cable in ur pick ur category section and only half that for what u offer in big bold letters on the website.... WTF AM I CHOOSING FROM?!?!?!? On top of that there are different deals over the phone than the internet.... Yo.... Help the consumer out... I KNOW!!!!!!!! u guys have a monopoly practically everywhere east of dallas and who knows where else... but cut us a break would ya... QUIT *** US!!!!!!!!!!

What does this have to do w/Window World? Obviously belongs in the Comcast forum.

They sell Monopoly money at Toys R Us so you can have a super duper amount of $$$. Also, the new versions of the game feature credit cards!

Yup! Cool, huh? Now...

shut the *** up and quit your crying, ***. :cry

View more comments (1)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is the worst company ever

On May 9, 2010, I contacted comcast online chating service. The representative who I was chating with was Gianina. She/He was extremely rude and never answered my question correctly. The billing of my service was increased without any explaination. I was seeking for the reason for that but she/he just was trying to mess up with date of my promotion that I had more than a year ago. My monthly bill increased by $2 last month but she/he claimed that this was due to my promotion ending last month. She/He said I had service starting on July, 2009 with a promotion of $19.99 for 3 months and after that FROM Oct. 2010 a promotion of $42.95 and it ended last month and now the regular rate is $44.95. This does not make any sense. what is the rate before Oct. 2010? I asked for the information but she/he just closed the conversation without any answer. Ok, I was having a promotion for $19.99 per month when I started my service back to July, 2009. I was told that I can have that promotion for one year. However, I only got 3 months for that and comcast denied my original promotion which should be one year. They said that $42.95 is regular for the service and I paid this amount until now. Then they changed it again and without any explaination.

Did you have this promotion in writing? Also, have you compared their services to others *** h as Verizon or DirecTV/Hughes Direct Way?OMG ive been there and done that..and so far comcast has been the best.

Yes they do have problems just like the rest..but their customer service far exceeds the others.Their pricing is in the ball park with or with out promotions,,,,hope you have learned one thing in your life... you dont get something for nothing.

Comcast Cable bills

Fool me once shame on me fool me twice SHAME on you.I pay my Comcast bill by credit card so I rarely review my bill for T.V. & high speed internet. I came across a charge for modem rental. I've had my own for years. Best I could find I've been paying this charge for seven months. My first call to "customer service" I was told they could only go back 2 months. My second call they went back 7 month but would have to have a tech verify I had my own modem. The tech did but I couldn't get my refund on my third call I hit a stone wall. My letter to corporate president did eventually get my full refund. So now I check my bills found that for the past five months (OK I'm not very good at bill checking)I've been charge for cable TV box's that I don't have SHAME ON THEM!! My first call has produced my refund. Please check your COMCAST bill!

When will Com cast stop the "NEW" cost bs. How are they not a monopoly?

Verizon does not service my area any longer, As I was rudely told to by Com cast customer service. Now they add digital TV they want to bill me 1.99 per TV in my house?

just to get cable I am already paying for? I think they are a money sucking greedy

I too recently checked my bill when a new rate increase letter came,I have standard cable. The cost for standard cable DID NOT macth any of the costs for cable service,so I called only to be told that I was"grandfathered into the original contract" which was a higher rate than any shown on the list!

Worse yet when they transmitted an analog signal I was getting HD tv, now that they have changed to digital HD is a whole new tier and will cost me more to get what I had before.

They say I was getting HD in error and it was corrected in the change over. I say people went out and bought new tvs when the broadcasters were required to transmit in digital and almost all tvs are now HD so comcast hooked everyone on HD then removed it so they could charge more for something thats already in the cable system but turned off for people who don't pay more

have had horrible customer service with comcast mutiple billing issues have paid over 600 dollars to comcast since service was installed jann 22 and it is barley april 6th no other cable is offered where I live.

dianenca

ALWAYS, ALWAYS check each and every utility bill, especially phone and cable bills. In 4 years with Verizon I received 3 correct bills.

Always overcharged. Logged over 100 hours on hold or being transferred and then hung up on. My neighbor checked their bill and realized they had been paying for someone elses internet for months.

They got a refund. Now I immediately file a complaint with FCC and get quick results.

View more comments (3)

Comcast Usage Meter!!!

Yesterday, I received an email stating that Comcast is pleased to announce the pilot launch of the Comcast Usage Meter in my area. My jaw instantly dropped to the floor. The message even went so far as to claim that it was a service related email intended to notify me of the service upgrade that provides the usage meter. Obviously the management at Comcast believes its customers are *** What's next? Slap our faces and tell us how good it feels? The implementation of a usage meter on the Internet is a counter cultural move because Internet connectivity has ALWAYS been based on a single price unlimited use model. The Internet has evolved far beyond the simple notion of a network of networks. Indeed, the modern Internet has become the single greatest medium for individuals to exercise their freedom of speech. Now Comcast comes along and wants to limit the amount of free speech that we get from our connection. I intend to contact my Congressional representatives and to begin an online campaign to end the Usage Meter once and for all. I hope that all other Comcast subscribers will join me.
Loss

Comcast Dosen't Finish Installatioin

For over a month now I've been waiting for Comcast to bury a cable that runs from the road to my house. I've made no less than 4 appointments to have this done and the company continues to loose, delete or otherwise disregard these appointments. I've called, visited the local office and used the online chat. All with the same results: I am told the appointment is in the system but I can't get a confirmation number so I should just call the Comcast customer service and it will tell me when my work order is scheduled. Needless to say every time I call I get the infamous "you have no appointments scheduled" message. When I visit the local office I get a run around that Comcast uses subcontractors, only one person has access to the scheduling system in the office, and that person, is of course out. I leave my name, phone number and email but get no response. Winter is coming and the cable is unburied and I'm not paying my bill until Comcast finishes the job they started.

I guess the tone of the letter dictates the tone of the response. You must work for the company, because you seem very knowledgable of the inner working of it.

Apparently, no one explained this to this customer or they wouldn't have had to wait for over a month for advice from you. They could have had a utility company come out like you suggested.

Again, I say - it was the runaround or the personnel are not being trained properly.

In most areas there is a subcontractor who buries most, or all, lines over a certain footage. At times there are factors such as a large abundance of roots from trees, utilities, that will delay the bury until all other lines and such are located. You could hurry the process and have these marked yourself by the utility companies in your area, and it is usually free of charge to have it done.

View more comments (1)

Comcast Internet Outages

I can see DC from my apartment in Arlington, VA. One would think that I would have excellent internet speed and reliability being in the middle of a major metropolitan area. Not even close. When I am sitting home during the day the internet drops about 10 times, even the cable tv drops off. Do I pay less for this service, uh, no. Does comcast care? Nope, they want to be paid to come out and fix their own problem !!! Our internet service is so unreliable that we can't bring work home because we can't depend on using the internet. I can't stream video because the internet drops too frequently. The worst part is that Comcast is the only provide to my apartment building so as badly as I want to switch I can't.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast has the worst customer service I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

I scheduled an installation vie their online chat for January 7th 2009, between 830am and 11am. At noon on this day I called Comcast because I had not heard from the technician. I was informed that my install date was actually January the 11th. I asked how was it that the on-line chat person told me the 7th but the call center shows it as the 11th? I was told they had no idea and that they do not have access to the online infromation or vice versa. I had taken the morning off from work and now evidently for nothing. So I reschedule for the 12th since I was unable to be their on the 11th. On the moring of the 12th I get a phone call saying that they cannot be there as scheduled and were running late. When they finally showed up, around 1230pm they spent an hour installing my internet only to tell me that the modem was not any good, they did not have another modem in their truck, they were out of modems in the local office and it might be a few days til they received more modems. The kicker was they modem they had had been sent out for service prior and never check to ensure it was working properly. I called the 800 number and was told there was nothing they could do. Terrible buisness practices!

The Incompetency of Comcast

Unfortunately, Comcast is the only service in the area, so we have to use them. However, this is by far the worst experience i have ever had with a company. When we had our initial connection they told us they could ONLY come to our apartment between 7&11 on a Sunday morning. The technician showed up at noon and when i asked him why he was late, his retort was, "Because i got other clients besides you". Um... excuse me? You had FOUR hours to find some time to actually be prompt to my home! Now, Comcast supposedly has an on time guarantee - but because he didn't damage anything while installing it, we still had to pay for waiting all that time for a technician to show up late and have an attitude! Had i known that was as good as it would get, I probably would have told him not to bother. The connection constantly goes in and out, resulting in us losing not only the internet connection, but tv as well. The cable constantly freezes and blacks out or will just lose sound every few seconds (as it's doing now!). Comcast's explanation? Well, they just don't care. When we finally got them to come check it out, we were stood up THREE times before anyone ever actually showed up. And to make matters even more annoying, we are paying for a phone that doesn't work! Why? Because Comcast doesn't feel the need to actually fix it! I have just never in my life experienced anything as horrific as Comcast, in quality and customer service. We are counting the days until FIOS is available and then we can finally tell Comcast where to shove it!