State: Virginia Product: Comcast Account Clear all filters (13 of 202 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Comcast - Account Review from Midlothian, Virginia

I was told by a customer service rep from one of xfinity's lobby locations that my promo was about to expire. She suggested i call retention to get another promo before they increase my bill. To my surprise when i received my bill the increase was already added to the bill. I went from paying $168.00 to $210.00.I could not believe the customer service from that department. I spoke with two different people on different days and they act like they were robots. It was like they were reading a sarrivalcript. I told them i was looking for something cheaper and they kept offering me something higher. One told me one thing and the other something else and when questioned about it said that there was some misunderstanding. I was over talked by one rep. She was more eager for me to close my account instead of assisting me. Long story short, i spent over 45 minutes on the phone and was given a promo that i do not like. It was strange that she was able to quote me a price when it was more than i could afford, but was not able to tell me how much my bill would be with the cheaper price. She claim that the reason was because of my location the taxes are different. I have been with Xfinity for over 10 years and had never received this type of service. I'm now in the process of looking for another cable service. I use to defend the company, but from what i have experienced i can no longer do that.

I am in the same process as you. When I told Comcast I was no longer going to have their service they said I had a contract that I would be charged a penalty.

The contract expired in October 2013. LIKE YOU i have been a customer since 2011

The cost has continually increased Dec 2015 my bill was $162 now January 2016 its $170 way too much for an 83 year old

Problems with payment

Comcast in Elliston, Virginia - Ruined credit

1.6
I had account with aldelphia and filled chapter 13 in 2005. They did not show up at BR procedings. In 2099 I called to get cable and made sure to as 3 times if that was going to come back to haunt me!!!!! I was assured it would not. 3 months later they came back and jerked all equiptment out. Every time I paid the put it on the OLDBILL. They had it planed because they never even buried the wire. It is in my exs name now but they still give me a hard time he had a code which I know , I am sick off it. i am on Disability and it is still on my credit.
Comcast Account
Cons
  • Sales reps are unthruthful
  • Internet service
  • Poor customer service
Reason of review
unfair billing bad credit report
Tags
  • Runaround

STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST

STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST, I made the mistake of ordering xfinity because of the price, well, you get what you pay for, I started having problems on day one, I had 2 tech guys coming to my house, replaced the router and the dvr twice, I tried to close the account and I was offered more channels, I stayed for two months, now I canceled my account and when I did I asked for a balance, and now I got a bill that's more than double, called their so called customer service and according to them there is nothing they can do. Worthless company!!!!

I've been with Comcast since moving to the Stillwater, MN area Fall 2013). I feel they charge way more for what their services offer.

Still in all, not a whole lot of problems within an almost 2 year time span. Would like to see their package pricing go down vs.

way up each year.

Comcast Account
Cons
  • Price and poor customer service
Bad quality
Tags
  • Bad Comcast Service

Comcast in Richmond, Virginia - My cable service wasdisconnected about 10 days after I got it

I got Comcast service less than 2 weeks ago. I've never had service with them before as I have just moved to this state. They disconnected me because they said that someone put me on as an authorized user on another account. I have no idea what they are talking about. They're telling me now that I must send them in a copy of my lease to get it turned back on. I feel so violated because I have never heard of a cable company wanting to see a person's lease and want my service back. They will not comply and won't budge.
Loss

Comcast in Leesburg, Virginia - Bastards!

I have had comcast for less than a month and already hate them! here is many fails withint the very first month of service: 1) they set up the wrong box and mailed us a new one then tried to charge us for the shipping and handling on their mess up! 2) We couldnt access our account online because they would not give us a password. Finally they had to mail us some security number just to get into our own account...wow! 3) The first bill we received had $110 of incorrect overcharges. 4) The second bill was sent and expected to be due 2 weeks after our first one was due. 5) refuse to change our due date on second bill- so now they want two bills paid at the same time- 2 weeks before the billing cycle is even finished. To have this many problems as a brand new customer is disgusting. If you are considering Comcast, DON'T it is not worth the trouble!!
Comcast Account

No access to pay bill-- Comcast wrecked credit score

I had transferred our apartment account to my roommate, with the representative telling me that I had no further charges. A few weeks later, I got an email from Comcast saying I owed money. I tried paying it online but couldn't access it because my roommate was the only one who had any access to account now (it didn't show up on her account). I emailed Comcast about it but no response. Another week later, I get a collection bill notice. Thank you, Comcast, for bringing down my credit score without actually giving me a chance to pay. THANKS.

Why did you not pay over the phone?You could have telephoned Comcast and They would have allowed you to pay this way.Sounds like another" Sob Story".Also you could have given the money to your roommate to pay for you sense you turned the account over to your roommate.I think you thought you got away free but the joke is on you Go Comcast.And know i am not employed by Comcast.

MikeBrady

They did give you a chance to pay - they sent you a bill. You do know that you can pay more than one way don't you? Mail, grocery store, Comcast storefront.

Get started disputing these charges with the three credit bureaus.

View more comments (2)

I hate Comcast too

Just want to say that I agree that Comcast's customer service is the worst ever. Does it even matter what my story is? Just read all the reviews and know that there is a very good reason for so many customers being so intensely dissatisfied - me included. I've been on auto pay since I signed up two years ago. I tried to order a pay per view movie and got a message to phone customer service. So I did. The first cal I waited 45 minutes and the call was dropped. The second call I was on hold 35 minutes before being disconnected. The 3rd time I was on hold 50 minutes and finally got a rep. After a lot of silence while he "looked up my payment information" the call was disconnected. I called back a 4th time and guess what, "the office was closed until Monday". I should mention I went to the Comcast office on 2 different days this week returning equipment and was told I had a credit on my account. So it is a mystery why tonight I'm told my bill is "past due". It is my typical experience with Comcast. Always an exercise in frustration. Just be warned and avoid at all costs. They'd be completely out of business if people had a choice.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

COMCAST SUCKS! one day, I couldn't get all the channels on my tv, so a technician came over and said that our cable would be repaired in "2-3 business days" well, a week passed, and still no channels, still no technician,also, they have horrible customer service!

I'll probably switch to something different.

Does anyone know if AT&T has cable tv? :?

Agreed,im a gamer and i enjoy the internet,as well as fast internet and i waste 400 and something dollars on slow internet. Comcast is good but not all the time,they need to either fix this issue or its over with them getting all this money for nothing but slow internet that is slower then a turtle walking. :(

View more comments (1)

Bad ip from comcast

mi ip from comcast has had black box spam reports on it since 2007. ive only had for 2 months. i have 2 other email accounts w computermail and yahoo. they give me time outs, and suspend me, because i have a bad ip. ive delt with all areas of comcast for 2 months stright, everyone passes it to someone else. the ex. office just left a message on my phone saying they changed my ip, but they did not. they refuse to communicate through email because i told them im saving all correspondance. all i want is a new ip. so much for comcast customer gaurentee.

August 24, 2013

Comcast

I am writing to inform you about the type of service provided to me by Comcast which is very different to your advertisements in various form. If I tell you the whole story it will be very long hence I will write highlights and you can check the file Comcast maintains on my account. The problem has been intermittent hence difficult to pin down.

Summer 2012 –We could not watch summer Olympics on high definition CBS due to interference to the point that picture and audio were not working at all. Comcast response – loose connections hence it was my responsibility. Solution – We watched regular CBS instead of HD since that time.

July 2013 – Very erratic internet reception to a point that lots of calls were dropped on our Vonage phone. Could not work on the computer at home because what should take less than 10 minutes took more than an hour (if I got connection). Comcast technician came, tightened connections and left. Problem continues.

August 9, 2013 – Comcast technician came and replaced modem after I worked with your technicians that there was a connection problem. The new modem made the problem even worse as the non-reception times were longer and the lights on the modem were not even lit for prolonged periods. Your technicians confirmed that the modem had no signal 57 times (I do not know over what period of time). Your technician insisted on sending another modem by UPS rather than with a technician.

August 15, 2013 – New modem arrives and I installed it with Comcast technician help. Your technician suspected the splitter was defective so modem was directly connected and TV was disconnected. After about 4 hours all modem lights were not lit and there was no reception. I installed a new splitter and watched. Internet connection was erratic. I contacted Comcast the following day and worked with Comcast technician. She could not see the signal from the modem. She suggested removing the splitter and she was able to see the signal thereby concluding that splitter was faulty. I suggested reconnecting the splitter and test again. It worked and confirmed erratic reception. Now scheduling the technician visit started. Comcast insisted on charging $50 to my account and if the technician felt it was not Comcast fault the charge will be reversed.

How much more do we need to go through before we get the service we have been paying for without getting the service promised? During discussion one of Comcast representative mentioned that it was your policy to credit my account $20 whenever a technician is involved and the problem continues. I should get a credit of at least $60 on this account. Your supervisor would not honor that commitment.

A technician was scheduled for 8/21/2013 with a window of 3-5 PM. I took time off from work and stayed at home. At 5 PM I was told the technician was running late and will be here at 6:30 PM. I had no choice but to wait and he never showed up and nobody called me. On 8/23/2013 I called Comcast to reschedule the technician. Your representative went through the entire history and we lost telephone connection because internet went down. I made another call and got another representative and I spent another 30 minutes to get a technician appointment. Soon after it was set we lost telephone connection again. Now the technician earliest appointment I could get is August 29, 12-4 PM. There goes your two hour window guarantee.

By the way, during last few days the reception on TV is scrambled on channels in addition to CBS HD and this is also erratic. Same thing is happening on the phone line put in by Comcast (luckily we are not depending on that phone line). Meanwhile, we keep on paying our bills without getting any reliable service. I hope you will listen to the recorded conversations that have taken place between your representatives and me. I can write an interesting book.

Regards

Chandra

Chandra P. Khattak, Ph.D.

11 Forsythia Dr.

Nashua, NH 03062

Home phone : 603-577-1703

cpkhattak@gmail.com

with a service like comcast you have a dynamic IP address, it changes all the time on its own. there is virtually no way that you've had the same IP address since 2007, you have probably had tens or hundreds in that time period. you can also force it to change anytime you want if you change your mac address.

also, because of the dynamic ip system, it is silly for a company like yahoo to ban an IP address, so it is probably also worth your while to contact them about it.

far more likely is that your computer is a malware'd up piece of junk and you spam people without knowing it.

169ip

Listen up, jag-off. You Will not get as you say "a new ip address".

The DHCP server will release a new ip with every service update that comcast issues.

If you are having issue with some online email service like yahoo or gmail, it's not a comcast related issue. This one's for you and all those other *** out there that think every computer issue is the issue of their isp! Comcast provides internet service...period!!

how you access it or access online apps and websites is your freakin problem. End of story.

Are you forwarding email to your other accounts? Email the abuse department at Comcast to see if they can help you. abuse@comcast.net

View more comments (3)

Comcast and Misapplied payments

Comcast changed my phone number, on my request, nearly a year ago, but never changed my number in their files. So, they keep applying my payments to the account of the people who used to have this phone number. I've made them fix it once, overpaid who knows how many times and had my service cut off multiple times. They still haven't fixed it and until today, still had the old number as the number on my account despite my telling them about the problem multiple times. I just got a bill today saying I still owe despite having paid and faxed them proof of my payments. Unfortunately, Comcast has a monopoly on cable service in my area. I think I'm going to file a claim with consumer affairs for my city.

Comcast Billing Nightmare PPV

After spending over 4 hours on the phone trying to resolve my pay per view billing I am done with COMCAST! With in two months I have had over $1000 in erroneous charges for *** and other movies added to my account. Movies were rented in one minute intervals sometime 10 a day in an hour period. Even after Comcast told me they could see they were not even viewed I would have to wait until a fraud investigation was completed until crediting my account. Well guess what, it has been over a month since then, no investigation, no one knows anything, and I have had to start all over again today! That's BS. Now my service has been cut off, I have a $1200 bill, and five hours of talk time added to my cell phone bill. Get this, I told Comcast I live alone and could prove I was at work when a lot of these movies were being rented. Their response was, maybe the maintenance guy or a neighbor was coming into my home and watching movies. You gotta be kidding me! Stay away from Comcast at all costs, you have been warned!