State: Virginia City: Alexandria Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (4 of 763 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast - Bad internet connection in Alexandria, VA

Just want to add to the numerous complaints about bad internet connections in Alexandria, VA. I work from home and continues to have unreliable service in my area. I had to come in to work because they told me that they cannot tell me what time the service will be restored. So frustrating and unreliable. There really isn't any excuse living so close to everything. Comcast does not seem to do anyhthing about it. So I will continue to elevate the problem until they do something about it. My neighbor who works from home had to move, because they were having to *** since there is anything they can do. They complain and complain nothing happens.
Loss
$20000

Comcast in Alexandria, Virginia - An Irate Consumer's Protest

I sent the following e-mail to Brian Roberts, Comcast CEO, today. I encourage all fellow pissed-off customers to do likewise. Dear Mr. Roberts, I don't assume for a moment that you will personally read this e-mail, but hope that at least one of your personal assistants will. I have just suspended payment, effective May 25, 2011, on the Internet portion of my Comcast monthly billing statement, after having been unable for at least three years to prevail on Comcast to adjust the signal to my cable modem to a level that will provide the consistent, reliable, uninterrupted, high-speed Internet service for which I have been paying Comcast an ever-increasing monthly premium. My multiple complaints to the Comcast 800-line and many service calls to my residence by Comcast technicians have failed to resolve the problem with the Comcast signal to my modem. Prior to making such calls, I confirmed the problem with the Comcast signal on almost every occasion by running tests to the Visualware "MySpeed" test server in Dulles, VA. In innumerable instances, often several times during the same week, I have been unable to access the Internet or conduct reliable, intelligible phone conversations via VOIP. In several cases, the test server was unable to detect the upload signal at all, which explains why I my VOIP service was sometimes interrupted for hours and I had to rely on my mobile phone (at extra cost) to communicate. Even when the Comcast signal was strong enough to be detected by the Visualware test server, these tests have consistently indicated the following problems: MSDL01: The download speed is too low for the latency/bandwidth of the connection MSTR01: The data flow for this test is too erratic MSMD01: TCP is waiting too long for data MSTR02: The trip time for this connection is too erratic I have maintained copies of these test results for the record and made them available to Comcast technicians who were interested in looking at them; most were not. The technicians who visited my home claimed, in most cases, that they were not able to find a problem with my signal; however, in two or three instances, they admitted that the signal needed to be adjusted. In two cases, most recently on March 29, 2011, Comcast claimed that the problem had been referred to "Maintenance" for resolution, yet it has recurred again and again. I have spoken by phone with two different Comcast supervisors, who would not reveal their names I (the ID# of the first who called me, I believe, in February of this year, was 157 or 147), and have been assured that the problem would be addressed, without results. On May 15, 2011, during the last such call, the gentleman agreed to issue a one-month credit for the Internet service portion of my statement, after I had informed him of my intent to suspend payment of that portion. I told him that that was not sufficient compensation for the years of intermittent and unreliable Internet service that I had to tolerate because of Comcast's monopoly on broadband service in my area. My service remains unreliable and intermittent to this date. I am calling this matter to your attention because I am considering the possibility of initiating a class-action law suit against Comcast for non-performance of service, unless I receive the reliable high-speed Internet service Comcast promises. Sincerely, HHB
cohena2

You do realize that you like all other Comcast internet customers are on a grid and the more customers on your grid the slower your internet connection will be. But then again you're an IT professional and probably already knew that.

Also as long as you're able to connect to the internet then Comcast has done its job. It is not their responsibility to make sure your voice over IP works.

Thats your responsibility. Quit whining like a d@mn baby.

XFAILITY/COMCRAP. I worked at the Lynnwood, WA call center where a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent email telling to work off the clock without pay.

We were fired when we complained to HR, but Kim (who is on her 4th husband) still works there.

We are going to win a class action lawsuit against them. call retention dept and ask for discounts/promos.

MSMD01: TCP is waiting too long for data

I have the same problem and I pay $69.99 a month for this so-called high speed internet, They are ripping everyone off.

I hate Comcast worse that I do Barack Obama.

I had 4 service calls scheduled with Comcast and they were a no show all 4 times. They suck!

Give me his e-mail address so I can do the same . My service sucks.

View more comments (4)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is the worst company ever

On May 9, 2010, I contacted comcast online chating service. The representative who I was chating with was Gianina. She/He was extremely rude and never answered my question correctly. The billing of my service was increased without any explaination. I was seeking for the reason for that but she/he just was trying to mess up with date of my promotion that I had more than a year ago. My monthly bill increased by $2 last month but she/he claimed that this was due to my promotion ending last month. She/He said I had service starting on July, 2009 with a promotion of $19.99 for 3 months and after that FROM Oct. 2010 a promotion of $42.95 and it ended last month and now the regular rate is $44.95. This does not make any sense. what is the rate before Oct. 2010? I asked for the information but she/he just closed the conversation without any answer. Ok, I was having a promotion for $19.99 per month when I started my service back to July, 2009. I was told that I can have that promotion for one year. However, I only got 3 months for that and comcast denied my original promotion which should be one year. They said that $42.95 is regular for the service and I paid this amount until now. Then they changed it again and without any explaination.

Did you have this promotion in writing? Also, have you compared their services to others *** h as Verizon or DirecTV/Hughes Direct Way?OMG ive been there and done that..and so far comcast has been the best.

Yes they do have problems just like the rest..but their customer service far exceeds the others.Their pricing is in the ball park with or with out promotions,,,,hope you have learned one thing in your life... you dont get something for nothing.

The Incompetency of Comcast

Unfortunately, Comcast is the only service in the area, so we have to use them. However, this is by far the worst experience i have ever had with a company. When we had our initial connection they told us they could ONLY come to our apartment between 7&11 on a Sunday morning. The technician showed up at noon and when i asked him why he was late, his retort was, "Because i got other clients besides you". Um... excuse me? You had FOUR hours to find some time to actually be prompt to my home! Now, Comcast supposedly has an on time guarantee - but because he didn't damage anything while installing it, we still had to pay for waiting all that time for a technician to show up late and have an attitude! Had i known that was as good as it would get, I probably would have told him not to bother. The connection constantly goes in and out, resulting in us losing not only the internet connection, but tv as well. The cable constantly freezes and blacks out or will just lose sound every few seconds (as it's doing now!). Comcast's explanation? Well, they just don't care. When we finally got them to come check it out, we were stood up THREE times before anyone ever actually showed up. And to make matters even more annoying, we are paying for a phone that doesn't work! Why? Because Comcast doesn't feel the need to actually fix it! I have just never in my life experienced anything as horrific as Comcast, in quality and customer service. We are counting the days until FIOS is available and then we can finally tell Comcast where to shove it!