Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Apr 06

Been a couple months now and no update. Dont like admitting they are wrong or use shady business practices.

Original review posted by user Mar 07

I was told by the Comcast rep, or one of their partners, that they can wave their early termination fee if I had to relocate for my job. This was actually talked about on a few occasions, between 2016 and 2017.

This is the only reason I signed up for the new package, or I would not have signed up. When I moved I provided the rep my new address and told him the situation and what the reps had told in previous conversations. He said it would be addressed and that if I was told that I would not have to pay the termination fees. I never got an answer or a bill until I was contacted by a collections agency.

At this point I filed a written dispute and was not informed of the decision. I again filed a dispute with another rep in November 2018 when I noticed it on my credit report. I did not hear back until February 2019. When I talked to the collections rep he could not provide me with an information on the results of my dispute except Comcast verified them.

I feel Comcast committed fraud in trying to upsell me knowing my situation. I paid the portion of my bill that was related to the actual service used but feel I should not be held accountable for being deceived in order for the rep to make a sale. This seems to happen a lot from the research I have done.

Placed in dispute again. Very unethical company and would recommend dial-up over their services.

Reason of review: Lying to upsale service.

Preferred solution: Have ETF dropped and collection removed from my credit report.

Comments