State: Texas City: Houston Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (17 of 765 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Houston, Texas - Lines a MILE LONG with 2 counter people to help customers!

I am so happy that today is my last day as a Comcast customer. Their service is spotty and their prices are high. In celebration of leaving I decided to return my equipment (box, remote and modem) to the storefront service center on Bissonette. The line was at LEAST 100 people deep with kids running around screaming. Behind the service desk were two of the laziest slowest people I have ever seen. I left knowing that it would be at least a 2 hour wait to drop off the stuff I brought. I now know where people go to work that the Post Office does not want...they go to Comcast! I will never do business with them ever again!

Comcast = Worst by far

I've been complaining about their service since august. So far two technicians have been at my place and come up with the same we will look into the lines. Third appointment scheduled and they continued to charge me in full (Of Course) and the issue continues, my internet and tv image comes and goes... :-S So disappointing. Basically Ive been paying for a service that I havent been getting and its so ridiculous that I would continue to have this issues after 3 months of the same. I have it because the apt complex has a deal with them and they are already "overcharging" for cable...

Comcast and terrible service

I'm typing this on my phone because my internet is down again. I called, and as usual, it will take 4 days for a technician to show up. The rep didn't even pretend to care and was quite rude overall. I had better and more reliable service in Afghanistan from a small dish at a combat outpost. I hate this company with a passion. They also like to add charges to the bill on a regular basis, and then act surprised when I call to ask about it. They never seem to know where the charges came from. Liars and cheats.

Comcast in Houston, Texas - Bait/Switch/offered 1 rate at sale, billed double

Comcast convinced me to switch from our previous DSL internet service due to a promotional rate of $29.99 for 12 months. They also offered the installation for $29.99, discounted from $99.99. When the first bill came, they charged $57.95 and also they charged the full $99.99 installation cost. After I spent hours on the phone trying to resolve, but they refused to acknowledge it. All they would say is, "The best we can do is 6 months." Plain and simple liars and scam-artists! I swear I am going to start recording these phone conversations.

A special rate for Internet service is offered through broadbandoffers.com. The deal is stated as $19.95 per month for 6 months with no contract and service can be cancelled anytime without penalty.

They also advertise a free modem, but you must buy the modem and then mail in rebate forms to receive reimbursement minus shipping cost. The online application takes you through some hoops and indicates that service will be activated after the modem is received. I received the modem and then called the phone number that was provided, which connected to Comcast customer service. They had no record of the order and do not offer any deals such as what was stated.

After an 1-1/2 hours of the runaround, I was finally told that broadbandoffers.com is a third-party service and I would have to go through them for activation. I went back to the beginning, which was an advertisement at comcastoffers.com, which links to broadbandoffers.com. I could not find any phone numbers. There was an online contact form and I submitted a request for activation.

An email response the next day indicated that broadbandoffers.com does NOT handle service activation. They referred me back to Comcast customer service.

The box that the modem came in clearly says "Comcast Corp" at the top of the shipping label and directly underneath this it says "broadbandoffers.com". I finally realized that the whole thing is an elaborate bait and switch scam, which appears to be operated by Comcast. I sincerely doubt that I was the first customer to call Comcast and attempt to activate service based on the broadbandoffers.com offering, but the operators played dumb and led me around and around as if to wear me down so that I would get tired and give up.

The catch is that once you have payed for the modem and received it, you are not likely to return it at your expense, wait for a refund, and also forfeit the original shipping cost.

Broadbandoffers.com cannot activate the service for the stated price and Comcast bumps you into a higher price plan (with a contract?). At that point I decided that I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH COMCAST AGAIN!

Comcast Home Alarm

My account was being debited from my bank and comcast charged a late fee of 8 for 2 months saying my account was closed, expired, but it was not. I called my bank to inquire the problem and they said it was Comcast who had the problem. So I cancel because they blamed me and putting me with people who don't pay their bills. They refuesed to take away the late fee's even when I asked to conference my bank so they can confirm my account had never been closed, expired and was active all along. I am glad to close the account as I have the others tv,internet, phone 2 yrs ago. good riddence and never again will I be a customer to Comcast ever.
Review
#191767 Review #191767 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Houston, Texas - Sercive tech disconnected MY line while disconnecting my neighbors line!!!

Lied to by phone reps, told service was being done in my area that day/night, should be up by midnight. Next day, still no service internet or cable tv. A second and third call to Comcast left a message for 3 different supervisors to return my calls. No contact from a supv. A service tech disconnected MY line while he was disconnecting my neighbors line. The service tech was out on 10/23/08. Luckily my neighbors kept the work order from the service tech so Comast shold know what kind of *** they employ! I need to file a formal complaint with Comcast but am unable to get a hold of a supv to do this! They are NEVER available or do NOT return my phone calls!

I don't work for comcast, but I've always heard if something doesn't sound quite right, it isn't right.

And your tale sounds fishy. Like maybe you neglected to say that you were also late paying or something.

Come on! Fess up or don't complain!

It's obvious you work for Comcast! Like I said, I DID report the problem and was lied to, there was no routine maintenence in my area.

If I would have known the truth then a tech could have come out a day sooner! So what's the excuse for no one returning my phone calls?

I have had issues w/ Comcast internet in the past, emailed the CEO and boy were the Houston Comcast boys kissing my butt after that! Oh yeah and I AM getting a service interupt credit!

Sorry,it has been a while and I need to catch up with things.

Look folks, calm down and start with the basic problem. :) You have no service, call into Comcast and report a trouble call for - No Service-. Trying to remote troubleshoot when your service is totally out just doesnt make sense. Ask for a tech to be scheduled to your address. Comcast provides a service and the goal is for you to be happy. Once your service is restored. Take a deep breath and then call 1-800-comcast for possible service interupt credit.

The disconnect issue could have come by mistake, some boxes have tags for addresses that could be unreadable, or the tech may have just goofed. Techs are human. Comcast does care for its customers and a happy one goes a lot further than the other.

View more comments (2)

Hurricane Ike's Gone Still No Comcast Service

One month ago today, Hurricane Ike hit hard on Houston. We expected to lose power, which we did for two weeks. Once the electric was back up we figured our Internet/Cable we be up too. Calls to Comcast can not give us an ETA. Some guy (contractor) walked into my backyard to survey the cable lines (which were never damaged in the storm.) He knew nothing more about service. I have not seen one Comcast van in the area. I'm cancelling my service as soon as AT& T comes through. Oh yeah. And when we moved locations last year they "accidently" cancelled my email account. After screaming for an hour (my husband that is), they finally reopened the account they claim was no longer in existence. They only lost about 2 weeks of emails. Comcastic by asstic. *Had it in Houston*

When we returned our modem to the Comcast office, the guy in front and the guy behind my husband in line were cancelling their service. Our neighbor across the street painted a 12-foot sign "Comcast Sucks." Not surprisingly, two days later I saw a Comcast van.

I found a number for their corporate office 800-593-9692.

Ask for the CEO. Maybe you'll get service then.

Can you believe this??? I called on 10/19 to ask for credit, and Comcast said that since I did not call every single day during my outage to report that I was not getting cable, they have no record of my cable being out, and will only give me credit for 9/13 and 9/14.

Then, I called Comcast again today, 10/24, to see if I could talk to a different CSR with more sense. She "discovered" a call I made to Comcast on 9/18 reporting an outage. So, what did she do? She only gave me credit for that one day.

According to Comcast, my cable went out on 9/13, came back on 9/14, was working from 9/15 to 9/18, had a glitch and was out on 9/18, then it was working fine from then on. I was out of cable and internet for two weeks, but Comcast is only going to credit me for 3 days. Comcast Sucks!!! My advice, call them every single hour during your next outage to report that your cable is out.

During this call, make sure you check to see if Comcast has records of your previous calls.

Your word means nothing to Comcast. If they show that your cable is working, then you have to pay.

View more comments (1)