State: Texas Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (37 of 763 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Comcast---Bait and Switch

I spent roughly 20 minutes on-line upgrading my cable and internet to include phone service. I made it through the entire process and received a final price (w/Install) of $79 the 1st bill and 24.99 each month from there on out+ taxes and fees. Once I finished and agreed to the pricing and conditions along with scheduling the set up the on-line chat screen came up. After approximately 40 minutes of going through the switching of my phone # etc.. I get a response from the onsite representative that the 1st bill would be $179. I told her that was not correct and I was quote $79. The online representative pulled $29 off and said I could split the bill in 2 payments. I just spend an 1.5 hours to be bait and switched. Unbelievable from a company whom I have been with over 15 years. Why would I switch from the phone service I have now to pay for this type of service that will take me a year to recoup the set-up fees. Answer: I wouldn't and I didn't. Now I have to reconsider my cable and internet.

You are probably better off with your " real " phone company than dealing with Comcast for " VOIP " phone service on their cable system. I tried it for 2 weeks and it became such a headache I went back to the traditional phone company I have always had.

With me, it wasn't a money issue but rather a quality and integrity issue.

Another interesting point, when I made the switch to Comcast ( at least temporairily ) I get all kinds of phone calls as if I had moved which I did not. Is Comcast selling new subscribers name address and comcast phone numbers to others ?

THAT'S why Comcast is called a CABLE company, THEY can over charge you for services & phone service that they buy from THE phone company ! Nothing changes on your phone & how it works, when something doesn't work they blame the phone company, & they will tell the extra charges are being passed on from the phone company!

YOU LOSE !! LOL A.G.Bell

View more comments (1)
Review
#192009 Review #192009 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Home Alarm

My account was being debited from my bank and comcast charged a late fee of 8 for 2 months saying my account was closed, expired, but it was not. I called my bank to inquire the problem and they said it was Comcast who had the problem. So I cancel because they blamed me and putting me with people who don't pay their bills. They refuesed to take away the late fee's even when I asked to conference my bank so they can confirm my account had never been closed, expired and was active all along. I am glad to close the account as I have the others tv,internet, phone 2 yrs ago. good riddence and never again will I be a customer to Comcast ever.
Review
#191767 Review #191767 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Houston, Texas - Sercive tech disconnected MY line while disconnecting my neighbors line!!!

Lied to by phone reps, told service was being done in my area that day/night, should be up by midnight. Next day, still no service internet or cable tv. A second and third call to Comcast left a message for 3 different supervisors to return my calls. No contact from a supv. A service tech disconnected MY line while he was disconnecting my neighbors line. The service tech was out on 10/23/08. Luckily my neighbors kept the work order from the service tech so Comast shold know what kind of *** they employ! I need to file a formal complaint with Comcast but am unable to get a hold of a supv to do this! They are NEVER available or do NOT return my phone calls!

I don't work for comcast, but I've always heard if something doesn't sound quite right, it isn't right.

And your tale sounds fishy. Like maybe you neglected to say that you were also late paying or something.

Come on! Fess up or don't complain!

It's obvious you work for Comcast! Like I said, I DID report the problem and was lied to, there was no routine maintenence in my area.

If I would have known the truth then a tech could have come out a day sooner! So what's the excuse for no one returning my phone calls?

I have had issues w/ Comcast internet in the past, emailed the CEO and boy were the Houston Comcast boys kissing my butt after that! Oh yeah and I AM getting a service interupt credit!

Sorry,it has been a while and I need to catch up with things.

Look folks, calm down and start with the basic problem. :) You have no service, call into Comcast and report a trouble call for - No Service-. Trying to remote troubleshoot when your service is totally out just doesnt make sense. Ask for a tech to be scheduled to your address. Comcast provides a service and the goal is for you to be happy. Once your service is restored. Take a deep breath and then call 1-800-comcast for possible service interupt credit.

The disconnect issue could have come by mistake, some boxes have tags for addresses that could be unreadable, or the tech may have just goofed. Techs are human. Comcast does care for its customers and a happy one goes a lot further than the other.

View more comments (2)

Hurricane Ike's Gone Still No Comcast Service

One month ago today, Hurricane Ike hit hard on Houston. We expected to lose power, which we did for two weeks. Once the electric was back up we figured our Internet/Cable we be up too. Calls to Comcast can not give us an ETA. Some guy (contractor) walked into my backyard to survey the cable lines (which were never damaged in the storm.) He knew nothing more about service. I have not seen one Comcast van in the area. I'm cancelling my service as soon as AT& T comes through. Oh yeah. And when we moved locations last year they "accidently" cancelled my email account. After screaming for an hour (my husband that is), they finally reopened the account they claim was no longer in existence. They only lost about 2 weeks of emails. Comcastic by asstic. *Had it in Houston*

When we returned our modem to the Comcast office, the guy in front and the guy behind my husband in line were cancelling their service. Our neighbor across the street painted a 12-foot sign "Comcast Sucks." Not surprisingly, two days later I saw a Comcast van.

I found a number for their corporate office 800-593-9692.

Ask for the CEO. Maybe you'll get service then.

Can you believe this??? I called on 10/19 to ask for credit, and Comcast said that since I did not call every single day during my outage to report that I was not getting cable, they have no record of my cable being out, and will only give me credit for 9/13 and 9/14.

Then, I called Comcast again today, 10/24, to see if I could talk to a different CSR with more sense. She "discovered" a call I made to Comcast on 9/18 reporting an outage. So, what did she do? She only gave me credit for that one day.

According to Comcast, my cable went out on 9/13, came back on 9/14, was working from 9/15 to 9/18, had a glitch and was out on 9/18, then it was working fine from then on. I was out of cable and internet for two weeks, but Comcast is only going to credit me for 3 days. Comcast Sucks!!! My advice, call them every single hour during your next outage to report that your cable is out.

During this call, make sure you check to see if Comcast has records of your previous calls.

Your word means nothing to Comcast. If they show that your cable is working, then you have to pay.

View more comments (1)
Comcast Internet Service
Unrelated to the storm- my cable (internet & tv) went out in August - it took them 5 days to get someone out to fix it. Funny thing was I could get the guide on tv but no pictures. The technician told me it was some sort of problem only on my line. I was promised a...

Went thru some problem a bit like that

w/ comcast myself.

Here is what I did-215 665 1700 is the

number for HQ in PA. Call that number

and speak (don't EVER take no for

an answer-regardless-) and DEMAND

I try to settle things myself, but at times

I must get people to do what they are

hired to do........work for a living!

You will get results.

Good Luck!

Loss

Comcast in Spring, Texas - Phone/internet never work. They won't fix it.

In the last 3-4 months, my phone and internet service are completely unreliable. They are down as often as they work and despite numerous calls, I can't get it fixed or my money refunded. They will send a technician who inevitably tells me he's the wrong technician & when I call them back, they try to tell me that it's fixed. Now, I'm done trying to get it fixed, I just want a refund for that time period (which they convinced me to wait to request until it was fixed). They won't give me a refund, because in spite of the fact that I was calling regularly, they believe that it must have been working on the days I didn't call or I would've called. When I explained that some days, I'm not home or don't have time to spend hours with them on the phone, they responded that I can't get a refund for days that it may have worked when I wasn't here to check it. I try to point out the irrationality of that to no avail. The worst thing is, they are doing the same thing to everyone in the neighborhood, so we are all paying for services we aren't receiving and they are refusing to refund our money.
Loss

Comcast has failed to provide proper Internet connection

After struggling for the past couple of weeks to keep my Internet connection up and running for longer than one minute at a time, I managed to have a technician come to my home to fix the problem. Not once did he check any of the outdoor connections to see if that could possibly be the problem. He finally relented to giving me a newer modem he was supposed to have walked in with; unfortunately that didn't make any difference. He said he couldn't do anything and I needed to have my computer worked on. It works just fine in the shop that just finished servicing it; it's only while using their connection, that things don't work the way they should. This man was sloppy in appearance, was talking to his wife on his cell phone when he entered my home and continued talking to her for about five minutes after his arrival. Keep in mind that the man I spoke to to set up the appointment on July 10, 2008 ran a couple of tests from his site and he even said the problem was on their end not mine. I want to work from home however that doesn't appear to be a possibility as long as my ISP is failing to provide the service I'm paying for. I've also noticed that the signal is much stronger after midnight, however Comcast refuses to listen. I know someone who works for them and will be finding out who to send a complaint to regarding the lack of help I received on Friday. July 11, 2008. I am definately not a happy person right now.