I have tried to get into my online account for over a year.. I have a bundled package that includes phone.

I don't use the phone, so the rep always says they will send me a 4 digit pin in the mail, this is for 'security' reasons, to prove that I am who I am. Sigh.. Finally a few days ago I got the 4 digit code in the mail, of course it's not working, so I log onto chat.. I am just frazzled, so tired of trying to get into my OWN account should not be this DIFFICULT.

Anyway, the ever patient rep I'm chatting with assures me he is the right person and will resolve this issue. I don't even want to hear that for the umpteenth time. I tell him what my log in is, the pin I received, the last four of my social, my security questions, my phone number. It goes on and on.

He finally tells me to click on a link and enter the username of wilson followed by 4 numbers. I told him, well my last name is Williams, but okay, if that's what he wants me to do, I will. So I do.. and it says 'welcome Jeremy Wilson'.

My name is Lisa Williams! F sake! I inform him of this.. I tell him I'm looking at Jeremy's e-mail..

this is definitely not right. He quickly asks me to try again, really?? Jeremy again. So then he changes my log in to the right one and an new code..

I log in again with all the new credentials. JEREMY AGAIN! Jeremy, I hope maybe you read this, if you notice your password has changed it's because COMCAST is SO EFFED UP. And I didn't really read your e-mail either.

After FOUR attempts, it appears that I am finally in my own account. Whatever, I'm certainly not setting up auto pay or anything, for gods sake, how often does this happen? I see where you can file a complaint with the FCC, but that looks like it's only for billing issues. This is a serious security issue!

If I was a real bad guy - I'd see if I could log onto Jeremy's account again! But I'm not. I'm good. I need blood pressure meds after today.

Anyway, I saved the chat, I'm going to figure out a way to escalate this.

Absolutely aggravating and not secure! Fair warning people, how many people are being directed to your account without you knowing it?

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Account.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 29, 2016.

Comments