1 comment

I have been trying for 17 years to get Comcast to transfer my cable into my name after the death of my husband in 1995. Comcast continued to refuse so I finally took ALL of their equipment to the closest branch in Baltimore and asked that it be completely disconnected.

They said fine and have since billed me for almost $500. They said I was not authorized to cancel the service, that my husband would have to come do it.

They are refusing to help and just keep billing. I am not authorized to cancel my service, but am expected to pay for it?

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Service Transfer.

Monetary Loss: $500.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review


You will be automatically registered on our site. Username and password will be sent to you via email.
Post Comment
Hicksville, New York, United States #601412

Sounds like a perfect small claims court case to me. Bring in your husband's death certificate and copies of any letters you have sent to Comcast over the years; sue for the $500 plus whatever you have paid them that doesn't put the total over your local small-claims limit, then settle for the $500.

You May Also Like