I wonder how many people are un-aware that they may be paying for more speed than they are getting from Comcast.

I've been paying for 16 mbps since June, their excuse: it must be my old computer but that didn't fly since I have a new laptop. Then said they have to repair the lines outside, but haven't done it yet and outright lied about doing it. They tell me that once it is fixed they'll credit my bill, yeah right.

EVERYONE should check the speed you're getting at http://www.speedtest.net and find out what speed you are paying for. The speeds that I know of are 6, 10 and 16 mbps.

Then call every day to complain, and now I'm writing complaints to every authority I can find that will listen. Comcast has my area blocked off to other ISP's that I can provid better speed and service…how the *** is that legal?

Comments

@mulch, you fail at trolling

Back to the topic at hand, its already a well established fact that comcast throttles their connections. You are never going to get the advertised speed.

Ironworker

I too have the same situation with this internet carrier. Everyone should contact there state consumer complaint depts and better business bureaus.

Yet another (l)user trying to use techie speak to *** and..........wait for it................................................................................................................................................it's coming................................................................................................FAILS COMPLETLY!

Are you talking about (X)DSL, cabel or what? Have you ever heard of network protocols? Do you know what a shared node is? Have you ever read or heard the phrase up to...?

Your new "laptop" Which OS are you running? Do you have IPSECV6 active? Does your local ISP support this? I'm willing to bet a months pay that you have a "router" and you configured it yerself.

*** *** people please turn off your PC and go out and play. Leave the complicated stuff to people who understand these things a lot better.