Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

Comcast Customer Services Sucks! OK, we have been trying unsuccessfully to get comcast to run coaxle cable in our home for a year.

The wire was bad from the get go and we told them that. We scheduled service online, paid for installation of coaxle as if the house didn't have existing lines. Service tech #1 shows up, argues that we don't need new coaxle, he can just repair the existing line for an additional fee. One week later we loose all of our movie channels and channels begin randomly blacking out.

So we were charged for the new line that never happened and the repair that didn't work. We called Comcast Customer Service and was told to tighten the lines. This didn't help so we had service tech #2 come out. He fiddled at the pole but again said that we didn't need new line ran in the house even though we paid to have it done.

We had quality service for all of 3 days. After several more calls and emails we stopped calling Comcast until this week when our phone and internet went down. First they told us that the storms fried our modem, we argued that the modem was fine. They told us a technician would be out in 3 days.

I emailed the vp explaining all of the trouble we have had with our cable. He appologized and refunded the amount for the lines that were not ran. At least with the 3rd tech that came out I didn't have to blow a vacation day. He ran line from the pole to the house but said he did not have authority to run line in the house.

I showed him the email from the vp's office. Nope, can't fix the problem, I need different tools, authorization from a higher up and more money. About $32 an hour with a minimum of two hours to fish line from the basement to the second floor. He encouraged me to contact Comcast Customer Service to schedule another tech to come out.

He did manage to get the phone and internet back up. He was able to convince customer service that it wasn't the modem and to just push the signal through. He asked why we didn't do it that way? Sigh, could it be because Comcast's Customer Service SUCKS!

I give up. I'm calling FIOS in the morning. Sure they'll still have to fish the line though the wall, but maybe they won't argue with me for a year before doing it.

Besides right now there offering a similar package with both Encore and Showtime for half of what I've been paying Comcast. I hope everyone else can learn from my mistakes of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Installation.

Comments

#195153

Having same problem with them to run cable from pole. What is the name and number of the VP you spoke to?

I would like to call him. I am so sick of this company I could scream.