After installing Norton Antivirus, new program for Comcast. Someone suggested to delete Java or dump Java temp files.

Thank you for the response and help. But I don't have Java on that laptop. Java was removed a year or so ago. I don't find it on the computer.

Any other ideas? Turbo tax has doubled in size in the last 3 threes. I just loaded Turbo tax and a few weeks later loaded Norton. They were the only changes to this laptop.

I don't know where the problem is. Help would be nice.

I will call Norton to see if they have any suggestions. Thanks

Comments

cnetinc

I can see you figured out some great symptoms if my PC are attacked viruses or malware. Most of them are really applicable but do you think Loss of hair and sleep has any vital symptoms to detect viruses or malware?

We are C-Net is an award winning network support and computer repair company, providing outstanding IT solutions. You can visit us at Utica Computer Repair

System restore can have a lot of issues depending on what you running... antivirus software has especially.

My advice would be to always use system restore from Safe mode, which you can enter by hitting the F8 key right as Windows is booting up. You'll have much better luck by doing that.

You'll have much better luck by doing that.

Computer Repair Melbourne

i need norton to download their norton antivirus on my pc thanks

:sigh Why do I have to put in a cd disc and scan to protect my files when I have Norton? mkoustas21@comcast.net

Careful - don't scan your email with Norton - it corrupted my outlook 2007 file! Great.

Talked with Comcast, who forwarded me to Norton who forwarded me to Micro Soft.

Finally got it working, but then had problems on my desktop.

Next week - spend 2 hrs. on the phone with India tec support, had it fixed until we hung up the phone, and then the desk top problem getting intermittent email.

So, desktop email is only working somewhat. Laptop email is working great.