Washington, District Of Columbia

We cancelled our Comcast service in June 2014 because of the inability of Comcast to get out internet to work after multiple technician visits and calls to Comcast. Last week, I received a call from a 3rd party called Equipment Recovery Service claiming we did not return all of our Comcast equipment. This is false as we returned our equipment via a UPS mailbox that was mailed to us by Comcast with pre-paid labels. We do not possess any Comcast equipment as we mailed everything in our possession back (2 cable boxes, 1 internet modem and 2 remote controls). I was told by the 3rd party company that only Comcast can resolve this issue of removing the missing equipment from my account. On 9/23 I called and the service rep said Comcast was missing 1 of my cable boxes and that 1 cable box and 1 modem had been returned on different dates (impossible as everything was mailed together in one large box). She said she would send a ticket to the equipment research group and someone would get back to me by 9/29/2014. As no one got back to me by 9/29/2014, I called Comcast again on 9/29/2014 and spoke to another customer service rep in the Silver Spring office. She now claims I am missing 2 items – a cable box and a modem (which is more equipment than noted last week). She also told me this is not a Comcast problem and is a UPS problem. She said she would check with the warehouse and get back to me if someone contacts her. Her supervisor refused to speak with me.

I am extremely frustrated at this fraudulent business practice of Comcast. We returned all our equipment and Comcast is claiming we still have equipment, sent my information to a 3rd party equipment collection service, and is unable to answer my questions or help me address the issue when I call.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Someone to Contact me and Resolve the Issue.

Comments

Wow! It is like reading my own story!

I cancelled Comcast service in June 2014 (VERY BAD Internet connection), returned all equipment (in Person), even received a notice that Comcast own me a money....Since the refund was not coming, I called Comcast and was informed that I am NOT Going to get the refund, because I did not return one cable box....Person I spoke with, was a very nasty man.....

I am going to write them a letter and copy the refund notice. But I am not very optimistic about the outcome