The modem was fried and they said it will be fix with-in 24 hours (On phone) but nope it was fried and gone the computer/modem/Netgear router last year we had a big thunderstorm and it took the power out and every thing so Comcast came near my house to do something I ask one of the guys to check out the router they were like we can not do that we do not have a appointment with you so we can not see it sorry they said. And man I was pissed to the max they did not help one bit.

Comments

Bellingham, Washington, United States #1001824

I just received a call from a Comcast representative. He told me that Comcast is offering a free 2 year no contract upgrade to my service.

I would be upgraded from a starter package to a premium package for $80 a month. That would include an internet speed upgrade to a little over 100Mbs. I said yes. He then transferred me to another person.

This next person told me that since Comcast is giving me all of this that I needed to give something to Comcast which involved me getting some kind of a spending card.

I told him I didn’t want another card and he told me to stop interrupting him. I then told him I considered this an unethical business practice and I hung up on him.

If I have to give something, IT IS NOT A FREE UPGRADE. This is classic bait and switch and is a slimy way to do business.

If another company offered cable speed over 25Mbs at my home I would switch immediately. Besides, my 50Mbs service slowly degrades to 15Mbs.

Today I’m running at 35Mbs. If I shut down my modem (it’s my second one) it sometimes speeds things up again.

Ricochet-Rabbit

You should be pissed to the max at the public school teachers who passed you through the system.