I called and talked to Jasmine from no telling what country on February 26th, 2013 regarding Xfinity Digital Transport Adapter Self Installation Kit Model DC50Xu. She said we have to install the box, and then call them to send the signal. I specifically asked if this service was at no charge since we are buying the box, and she confirmed, there is no charge.

However, upon arrival of the DTA and trying to activate I was informed not only that we would be charged but that Comcast does not sell their equipment but only rents. Basically we had purchased stolen equipment. Jasmine never indicated there may be an issue with purchased equipment and confirmed there would be no charge if we purchased our own. On arrival of the equipment and attempt to activate I was on a call for over 2 hours, transferred numerous times only to be told 'tuff' in essence. To obtain services I previously had prior to Comcast (Communist Cast is my husbands term) taking them away, I know have to pay to obtain the same service, at a higher cost, with less amenities, and too bad that their representative gave wrong information. No apologies given, just TOO BAD!!!

Comments

to S0_Sad Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States #627128

We have digital TV's. That is not the issue.