2.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

It is such a shame that they are not standing behind this, I am so incredibly fed up with this company, and it is a shame I cannot post pictures as I have screenshots of chats going on for over FIVE MONTHS to get these issues resolved.It started when I moved, I made the appointment to move services and I decided to call the day before to make sure they will be bringing the X1 equipment as I upgraded at the same time.

I was told that they had NO appointment for me at all and the soonest they could get out would be almost 2 weeks later. I had proof, again screenshot the appointment time when I made it online, but they could only escalate it to make it a week. Now, I want to keep this as short as I can, so what you are not seeing is the 5 phone calls and several hours dealing with NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS EACH TIME, it took to get to this point. Each time, I would have to start from the beginning since it was a new rep...fun.

My uncle was at the old house on the day they "didn't have an appointment" for me, and guess who showed up? Yup, Comcast showed up to do an install at the old address. So, technically, there are three appointments that get screwed up during the course of this saga. So, I make a SECOND install appointment, take a SECOND half day off, and get a call 20 min AFTER they were supposed to be there that they are going to be an hour late.

Now, there are two appointments each day, one for TV/Internet and one for Home, which double the amount of time that I need to be home. TV/Internet guy says he can't do anything (after an hour of being there) due to the right lines not being pulled, so I have to make a THIRD appointment...que the headache. Even better? I have to wait for the home install guy to come to tell HIM that otherwise I would be charged a no-show appointment.

GREAT. He was also over an hour late. Whole day, down the drain. So, I call to make the THIRD appointment...and it gets even better.

But mam, I cannot make you an install appointment, I see that we were just there yesterday and that all of your equipment is installed. WAIT! WHAT?? So, here goes another few hours trying to convince them that I do not have any equipment, and come to find out I have been charged for all of these weeks of not having service.

Again, GREAT. Many supervisors (read hours and frustration later) I get my THIRD appointment scheduled. I have not said "Please forgive me if I am short with you, I know that this is the first time you are dealing with this, but I am so frustrated and hope not to take it out on you" so many times in my life! It became automatic...

Third appointment comes, and you guessed it...THEY ARE LATE! Both appointments. But I have to say, all of the install reps are extremely professional and wonderful. And, other than being poorly trained, the CSR's were as pleasant as could be expected.

But, after almost a month, we have TV/Internet...YAY! One bill comes, no credit, so I call, they said it could take a few months. The following month, the bill amount seems right with all of these credits so I don't think anything of it. This month, the bill was higher than I thought, so I went to look at the actual bill (yes, I am that person, I pay the bill when it is due without going through all the pages, my fault) And I discover that the credit was actually the credit I overpaid while being charged for services when I didn't have any.

So I que up Chat, I find it easier for me if they cannot hear my frustration. No, mam you received your credit. It was dated 11/06 if you would kindly check that bill. (Again, this is after 20 minutes of going around and around) Well, I looked at those bills (for some reason I have 2 of them that cover those dates) and I don't see it.

Oh, it is on another bill under "account correction" I see it now, $20. And why wouldn't it say something a little easier to find "Customer Guarantee Credit" for instance? Ok, so what about the other $60? (Now understand, I am just requesting the two dates they were late, not the one they showed up to the wrong address, which I know I should) I was told for the next 10 minutes that they cannot credit me because they can only credit once for a technician charge (which leads me to think the original $20 credit was NOT the customer guarantee credit but another mis-charge.

When I found this and sent it to him verbatim, with a link, I was graciously given another $20 and a number to call. Great...ANOTHER TRIP DOWN COMCAST CSR ***. I am really looking forward to that. But, my chat rep made me feel all better about it "Not to worry, I assure you if Comcast promised you the credit you will get it..." RIIIIGHT!

And, lastly, part of my contact wast the $400 Visa card I was promised for signing up with quad play, chat analyst kindly gave me the link to check the status. Funny, I was disqualified for "Changing Services" and kindly had him verify that I have not changed any services since I signed up, so you guessed it, need to make MORE CALLS to Comcast to figure that out as well. I wish I would have just trusted my instinct when this all happened and cancelled Comcast to go with another provider.

I would warn anyone against trusting this policy, and furthermore trusting this company.From my experience, this company is shady and weasal it's way out of giving it customers anything they promise...even an on time appointment.

Review about: Comcast Service Transfer.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments