Indianapolis, Indiana
1.7
Coverage Area

I have been having a lot of trouble with Comcast internet. Slow, spotty, intermittent connections. Three visits to the Comcast "support" website resulted in service visit that I cancelled in error but the guy showed up anyway because Comcast takes a while to notify their contractors of scheduling changes. He takes one look at the outside wiring and begins a litany of things wrong with it that a funded service visit will have to correct. OK.

Visit #2 corrects some of it but it was getting on to lunch and the service person decided to bail fixing two of the 3 major problems she saw. She promised to call and schedule the last of the services (call never happened). Her work was so shoddy that what she did accomplish will have to be redone along with replacing the cheap wire used by the installation Comcast guy many years ago (problem #3).

So I went to the "Support" website again to schedule a visit. That was such a nightmare (it took well over an hour after I contacted the online "support" person), that I am considering dropping Comcast. The new "Support" person determined that my old Comcast cable modem was not responding to demands to update its firmware so it should be replaced. He sent me to a Comcast service center in far SW Indy which had moved to south Indy several years ago. The real Comcast service center was on the far NW side of Indy where I traded in the old modem for a new one.

Total time = a little over 3 hrs. Thank heaven it was a nice day and I rode my 50 mpg motorcycle. Hoopla. Problem #3 is scheduled for Tuesday.

AT least it wasn't as bad as billing me for 2 modem/routers for more than 6 years ($6/month) when I have never had but one. Repeated calls to various parts of the company openly stopped the practice but on one had the authority to provide a refund.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Installation.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments