2.0

My Comcast customer experience today: I ordered a bundle package with a two-year contract (it was a nice one, around $200.00 per month) that was supposed to be installed between 8:00 - 9:00 AM this morning. I got to the residence before 7:30 AM and waited three hours.

At 10:00, I contacted Comcast customer service by phone. After explaining the problem, the Comcast rep stated that the information had not made it into their appointment system which sometimes happens during peak hours when the calls are outsourced to a third-party. We re-entered the information together and she created a new appointment a week later to generate the job order number. Using that order number, she stated that she would speak immediately to the manager (who she stated was in the office and available at the time) and a tech would be dispatched to the residence in the next few hours and the manager would call to confirm the time.

After waiting almost two more hours (now 11:45 AM) I called back to ask to speak with the manager. I was told that no customer could ever speak directly with a Comcast manager by calling customer service. Callers could only leave their name and number and wait for a manager to return their call. So, I waited another hour (now 12:45 PM) and called back.

This Comcast rep told me the same thing and also stated that a manager would only call back if the tech could come out today. By not returning the call, the manager was telling me (without really telling me) that no tech was coming today. I told the Comcast rep that I would wait one more hour for a phone call from a manager - it never came. I called back and canceled everything related to the account after 1:30 PM - a total of five hours waiting and five phone calls for nothing.

As a result of Comcast's poor performance, the company lost a two-year contract generating a minimum of $5K revenue for the business and potentially a lifetime of future business.

Today, I lost over $1K because without a phone installed, the alarm install had to be postponed, which postponed appliance delivery, and so on. As a result of my experience, I will never knowingly give one penny of my money to Comcast and I will actively encourage friends and family, both in-person and online, to do the same.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comcast Cons: Installer did not show up.

• Installation