West Palm Beach, Florida

I have internet speed issues and have had 5 service visits from inside subcontractors who all told me that I need an outside comcast line tech to install an optical cable from the street box to my house and every time I make an apointment - they send the wrong people who CAN NOT do the job.

I have even had two escalated tickets set up by managers ans still the wrong people show up.

The last person ran another wrong outside cable which is still running across my lawn.

I need the repair done correctly and only an outside optical cable will work. They keep telling me this but they csn not get it together.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States #874500

I have been experiencing similar issues in Palm Beach Gardens for the past two weeks. I am now switching to AT&T.

I understand that they are busy, but they are absolutely incompetent and what's worse, they don't care and make misrepresentations. The first technician told me it was an area-wide outage and that I had a high signal strength, which was good. Absolutely untrue. The new modem that Comcast recommended that I had to get operates at -5 to +5 and the signal was 7-8.

Motorola, the modem company, told me Comcast needed to lower the signal strength. I related that and another tech came out and verified that the strength at 8 was outside Comcast's own parameters, but he needed a maintenance tech to fix the amplifier at the curb. Sounds like the other guy's story.

This was an off the shelf modem from Best Buy - it's not lke I built it from scratch or anything. If Comcast knows that all these modems it recommends operate at -5 to +5, why do they set the power of their signal to anything outside that!??

I got the second tech's cell #, but he would not tell me his full name and he never answers or returns calls.

He promised to get the right tech out there and to call me to verify it was done. That was a week ago! In the meantime someone did come, but it was raining, but they didn't come back. I called twice daily at least to get someone back and the reps confirmed a "maintenance" tech was coming to fix THEIR equipment outside.

Yet another inside tech without a clue shows up and again promises to put in the order for the maintanence tech and does so in front of my wife on his cell. Again, no one shows up. Then the reps say only the inside tech can dispatch the maintanence tech and they can't, but no such order apears on the account.

I call back, get someone else and they say they have dispatched a maintenance tech.

Today the rep said he'd transfer me to the dispatch, put me on hold, then hung up. Ever notice these people refuse to give you anything but a first name and it's always a common name like Joe or Rosie? I love how the repeat everything you say to them and appologize for the inconvenience, like they actually care or are trying to solve anything.

These phone reps tell me they are notating my account with all the information, but when I call back the next day, the rep has no knowledge and no notes of any kind. That means the first rep who said he or she was putting a note in the account of all the issues lied.

That is just unacceptable. Well Comcast, congratulations. You lost a customer. AT&T comes on Monday!

Oh yeah, the first tech said he'd replace a 3 foot piece of cable for free eventhough it was fine, just because he had new cable with him. Then Comcast tells me I owe $60 for cable. Nice. That's just outright fraud.

I reported all this to Channel 25-West Palm. I hope they run the story.

This is a sad commentary on what happens when you have no real choice for a service and the provider of that service knows it and just doesn't care. What Comcast is doing and they way they act just isn't right.

I understand what your saying you need help with this.Wanna move on to better services and for better value for money contact 877-709-3832 Reach Jordan Katzen He will help you move on to the best service provider and help you get the best possiblew package for money im not joking this guy is Legit.He helps you get the best At&t package possible and you will be very impressed with the services.Good Luck

to Cynthia Allendale Charter Township, Michigan, United States #824322

Cynthia, or Stacy?

Most like you are Jordan, as you posted the same thing under different names, if you want to scam for sales be honest.