State: Indiana City: Portage Clear all filters (2 of 3992 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast in Portage, Indiana - Three weeks of outages...

Around the 4th of July weekend my internet went out randomly one night. after doing basic troubleshooting myself I called in to find out that there was an outage in my area. This happened for 4 nights in a row before i started to notice that it was going out around the same time and would come about roughly 3 hours from when it went out. this went on like clockwork for two weeks before they finally credited me 35 dollars off of my bill. I was also told that there was line work being done in my area, but I should rest assured that the problem is fixed and I shouldn't have any more issues. that night the internet went out again. called back in on a monday about 4 weeks into the issue and was told that the issue was now with their servers. I cancelled my account and have until the 28th of July before my services are shut off. Even as i type there is an outage in my area again tonight until midnight.

Dude, I started having outages on the 4th too. Every few days it would drop and start back up for like 14 hours.

Now today both cable and internet are both out and Comcast can't even get anyone out here until Saturday.

I'm about to cancel my service as well. Pay too much for it to be out all the time.

Review
After Comcast took over our internet, cable and phone last month (due to a buy-out of Insight Communications), we lost our phone for 4 days. We have 2 lines and the first line (our main line) was not ported over. It took them 4 days to tell us what had happened and fix...

I wrote this letter to Chairman of the Board at Comcast- Mr. Arthur R.

Block

Mr. Block,

I live in Indiana and have been a customer of your for over 20 years, as has my 87 year old mother-in-law. Recently her cable went out due to a storm. The technician who came to fix it said she needed to have a new box, but it would be free.

They put in the new box and left. Without her knowledge, much less consent, her ATT telephone number that she has had for over 60 years was dropped and she was assigned a new number associated with Comcast. I have been on the phone ALL DAY trying to un-do what your employee did.!!! I have spoken to more people and explained this more times than I should have to!!

I have been transferred to every department, miss directed several times, disconnected three times ( was called back once) was told by your employee that he ( Abner emp. ID # BP-acaya001) would call me back in 1 to 2 hours and never did. I also spoke with a supervisor, Guevara Rosquites, who couldn’t help me either. After waiting the almost 3 hours for the call, I spent another hour on the phone waiting for them to connect her line with original number - put on hold again for 30 minutes and disconnected with no call back!!

I was not accepting the 3 to 5 days to reinstate her old phone number and was allowed to hold while they connected the line, which still hasn’t happened, then disconnected again!!!! Other names of people I spoke to; Raven, James and Andrea in activation department. Nobody offered me a “ticket #” or any real customer service!!! Honestly, I have spent more than 7 hours today on the phone!!

THAT in itself is unacceptable!!! Also unacceptable is an 87 year old women having her phone number of 60 years dumped in the time it took to install a new cable box!!!

It appears to me that they have taken advantage of an elderly women!!

I also want to report that Abner, emp. ID # BP-acaya001 made an extremely unprofessional and inappropriate comment.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor Abner told me “he” would be with me in a minute. While I was waiting and explaining the situation, Abner then said “she” referring to the supervisor. I questioned him and said, I thought you said “he” - who will I be talking to, a “he” or a “she”…. he replied with a slight giggle… “both, he is ***”!!!

I was totally shocked and disturbed!!!! That is a call I hope was recorded!!!!

Since I got nowhere clicking on the “contact us” tab on your online website ( you should try it- a complete run-around, just like my phone conversations!!), please forward this letter to Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast and Mr. Brian Roberts, CEO of Comcast. I am filing a complaint with the State via Senator Merritt and http://www.in.gov/iurc/files/IURC_-_Electronic_Complaint_Form.htm.

Just for starters… I will also contact the news media about this.

Please resolve this issue IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!! One angry customer,