State: Indiana City: Huntington Clear all filters (2 of 3992 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Comcast in Huntington, Indiana - Billing is horrible

I just spent 2 hours of my life I will never get back arguing with Comcast customer service. I have been deployed with the military overseas for the last year. While deployed a divorce became necessary so at the end of November I called comcast to cancel service, I was assured that for my ex wife to get service reconnected she would have to pay the outstanding bill of 279.94 but to cover my bases I gave the rep my new address and cell phone number so that a final bill could be generated if my ex wife didn't pay it. The rep told me if she didn't pay it they would send my bill to finalize my account. Well go figure no bill ever came so I assumed bill was paid by ex wife to have service reconnected. So after no bill or contact from them all the sudden I begin getting robo called 4 times a day from a collection agency about a bill I didn't know existed. So I called again to resolve it as I wanted no negative information added to my credit report from this phantom bill. They said they would send me a new final bill in 5 days to pay but refused to recall the account from the collection agency thus damaging my credit rating. I find their lack of help in resolving this horrible not once would they accept responsibility for the billing error their solution is to pay the collection agency and allow the credit blotch what an absolute load of garbage I have been a customer for over 7 years and never had a late payment. I'm fed up with them I will never allow their service or products into my home again I would rather read a book. I have contacted better business bureau in Washington, D.C. And recommend others to do the same sorry for the long rambling message but really just pissed off now.
Review
Loss

No Comcast Refund

On November 18, 2011 I terminated my Comcast service and delivered the equipment to local Comcast office. Since then I have been trying to get my refund. Everytime I call I get then same story that the service will not be terminated until a serviceman goes to the pole outside my house and "cuts the wire" so to speak. That date is Jauary 6, 2012. Today is January 13, 2012 and I still don't have the refund check. They freely admit that they owe me a refund but will not send it until the wire is cut. So, they have been using my refund interest free since November 18th. Multiply that times millions of customers and they are making interest on money that is not theirs.

Comcast makes no interest off a refund if the account hasn't been disconnected at the pole yet. The system will still show a balance for services until the disco goes through and at that time credits/ adjustments are applied by the system to show the refund amount.

Agents have to look at future statements to determine your projected refund amount. Plus you should see the thousands of accounts charged off from customers who never paid what they owed or never returned equipment....

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN 8) :grin :p

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards (MOMO) sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

View more comments (3)