State: Indiana Clear all filters (74 of 4011 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Comcast in Washington, Indiana - BMV IDIOTS can I get a yeah!

Well the *** idiots strike again. Left work early to take my daughter to get her learners permit. Closed! Not open on mon., closed early on sat.,closed for every holiday and paid. The sign read closed today for primary election, *** what did they do to need off work. Not to mention the bmv was 15 miles away, gas is 4.15 a gallon, and i missed some work. Dont they work for us? Why do we have to chase these punks, by the way did i mention they told us mon. they would be open until 7 tuesday. Who and what is making rules, oh thats right they all went to COLLEGE!!!!!!

once again if they are so bad why dont you drop them. You act like you are gods gift to the world. Dumb Dumb Dumb

Loss
Comcast complaint One consistent theme of Comcast is that no one ever does what they promise you will be done and no one ever calls back to follow up!! We decided to get Comcast service for the first time when moving from Kansas to Indiana in November, 2010. My wife...

I am experiencing something similar, how did your situation turn out?

Comcast

I scheduled new service with Comcast and prior to coming out and being scheduled, my credit was ran and other personal information was verified. My schedule date was on a Sunday, the technician came out and stayed at my home for over 3 hours, towards the end he said there was a problem, that I had previous service at my address, which was a lie. Well, the technician took his equipment and did not replace my original equipment, which he promised, I was without a phone, which is a necessity, and cable. I contacted customer service ASAP, filed numerous complaints with Comcast and no follow up. This technician took a power cord that belonged to me in his hurry to run out of my house like a coward that he is. Needlss to say I will never order this service, nor will I ever use for my business. I will pursue this unethical business practice until all my expenses are paid. This coward was in my home for 3 hours, ruined my carpet, screwed up my service, left me without communication over their ignorance.

Comcast responded to my call for a slow modern service by offering me a double play package with promises of higher speed, an additional HD cable TV for a modest increase in price for new equipment rental. True enough, the first bill was fine $75, the nest bill was $250 with no explanation.

I have not paid it yet, I am angry as ***. Like everyone else I have been defrauded by this monopoly called COMCAST. Now it's even worse, they have just been approved to buy Warner Cable.

Unless something happens we're in for a big surprise.

AT&T is just as bad from my previous experience, ur I have never been scammed like I am now. I would rather grudgingly go back to AT&T

hardworkingamerican

Doesn't suprise me that they ran your credit but did you ever think that maybe you are just aggrevated and it isn't true what your saying. I am betting that there was cable set up in your home but maybe under your spouses name or another family memeber and it was probably delinquent and shut off so then you called to set it up in your name.

I mean you gave it away when you said they took equipment you already had. That would have to mean you already had the svc in the house. Come on ppl please be honest here.

You need that much attention you need to lie about something. what is with the people in this country.

justicefortangy

No surprise, Comcast has not followed up with me to date. I have filed a BBB & FCC complaint, hopefully this will get them thinking. This company has the worst customer service, I look forward to them going out of business.

View more comments (2)

Comcast lies to customers

I've had Comcast (or should I say CONcast) internet for just over two weeks. I can say with the utmost conviction that is the worst internet I've ever used. To top it off, their customer service is borderline abuse. After waiting all day for a tech to show up at my house who never showed, I phoned comcast to complain. They proceeded to tell me that there was in fact no appointment scheduled. They then proceeded to tell me, in so many words, that I had made up the appointment. Naturally, this only pissed me off. I argued with them for over an hour. During the course of this conversation, the supervisor I talked to attempted to scold me for using the word ***. Needless to say, this did not go over well. Long story short, my internet is still down and I'm currently searching for another provider. Comcast sucks.
Review
#197611 Review #197611 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast Cable has the worst customer service of any industry

Our cable was out due to pool installation; comcast was to bury this Spring when ground thawed. Well, we got "in their line" and after 16 missed or botched calls, they finally got it buried wrong again today...in our neighbors yard. Even worse, it's been there before, yes they made this error previously, had to dig it back up and doing so, they cut it, leaving us without for five days and no one to fix it, they were busy. I was put on hold one night for two hours then disconnected when the service office closed. I have over 30 contacts, details with every saying oh that is terrible, and not one person has been able to get it done or is willing to accept any responsiblity. I have missed work when they did not show up, but hello,its a driveway job, so they don't need me? Well apparently they do need me at home to tell them where the driveway is. It is the paved black thing, not the green yard next door. I am sick of hearing that the driveway bore guys are independent contractors - well great but after a few misses, could they get it right> I am exhausted, disgusted and sick of them. Out of this world. They need to take responsiblity.

In my opinion Comcast has made some terrible changes, first of all the channel guide no longer has the date or day. Second and one of the worse changes, the standby mode which we have no control over, this only happened after the channel guide change. Comcast support told me that it is built into the cable box and not something they did....wrong, and when speaking to customer service they pretend they can't hear me,then I am hung up on.

Review
#196702 Review #196702 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Comcast: The Worst Business on Earth.

This Company is, in a word, shadey. They are deceitful and money-grubbing, and it amazes me that they get away with ripping off millions of people on a daily basis. They provide faulty equipment, and then charge you to come fix or collect it. Their 'techs' are corrupt and shady: Our last tech even said he was going to lie on the sheet about the cable wire count, so that he could get paid more, promising it would not affect us. They limit internet and affect connectivity, their shadiness is unrivaled. They control a monopoly on communications in my small college town, and rip off young families and students for profit! Corruption, Greed, and Poor business practices must be stopped.

Walsh, you sir are an ***. You are complaining because Comcast could not provide you with Snuff movies?

Get a life. You are disgusting.

I agree 100% and it doesn't sound like things have changed since I dumped them in 2001.

Where to begin with my troubles with them. I'm in Michigan. Back in 1998 they ran an ad saying you could order the Playboy channel for 99 cents. It was a Tax Day promotion they were running. This was back in the day where you had to call the 800 number for pay-per-view and stuff.

I called and waited, and waited for something to come on the TV. Nothing!! I flipped up and down the channels as I was new at the time to the city. As it turned out, my city DID NOT carry Playboy at the time.

I called the local Comcast customer service number. Told the girl what happened not to be charged the extra $1. She said for some reason the channel wasn't in my area and apologized for it.

The next month I get the bill in. I see not only 99 cents for Playboy charged to me but also $10 for Spice which I DID NOT order!! I called to complain. This rep. swore to me up and down that I DID have Playboy in my area. I said "madam, as we speak I am flipping through the channels again. there is nothing here". She still refused to believe that. I said she could come here to see for herself or send out a tech to confirm it. She of course refused that and it was all taken off the bill.

I was always the pro wrestling guy. I would get WWF, WCW, and ECW each pay-per-view. Each ppv would come on, then flick on and off, then go out totally. I had to call them to get the shows back on and missed matches! This happened almost every time! First they tried to say maybe my bill wasn't on time and paid in full. I corrected that excuse by paying in full each month. Then they said it was due to what's called a "bullet signal" to stop the black boxes. The problem was never corrected.

In Dec. 2000 I wanted to charge the bill to free up cash for Christmas gifts. I spoke to a rep. She told me it was "all set". A few weeks later I got a bill in the mail saying I was past due and now billed for two months!

I got a hold of the area GM. She said "Oh I'm sorry sir. They didn't close out the process. There's no excuse for that". Think they would have given me free cable? Nope. I had to give her the credit card info again.

At that time I got a hold of my regional cable comission to file a report. The head of it was no help. He told me to "just switch" to another company if they were giving me so much trouble. I told him I wanted them held accountable. He was wishy washy and said they only had meetings when there was complaints or new businesses to discuss. He said he'd call me after the first of the year (2001) to attend a meeting. To this day I'm still waiting for that call back. LOL.

Finally it was during WWF SummerSlam 2001. The ppv went out again on me. That was it. I dropped them for WOW Cable. To this day I've never had a problem with WOW.

One day I was making dinner in Oct 2006. Comcast reps came door to door to try and sell me. I told them I'd never go back. The woman tried to tell me they've made "vast improvements". I wasn't sold. Then she casually tells me I still had a $60 balance from 2001. LOL. She said if I switched back they'd waive it. Nope not sold.

When they left I went right on my computer and filed a complaint with the State AG. Several weeks later I got a letter from Comcast showing me a zero balance.

With all the complaints and threats of legal action, I don't know how they're still in business. Now they plan on buying NBC. My guess is, people see and hear all their ads and assume "they must be the best". And they are a monopoly too in some areas. Tons of friends and family would switch to WOW but it's not in their area.

View more comments (1)

Comcast in Indianapolis, Indiana - Intermittent service for 9 months

comcast on-demand and internet service has been intermittent for the past nine or more months. they recently charged me $50 for the last service that did not fix my problem. intermittent means not working when i want it to work. the technician did not check anything. he just replaced a splitter that they installed when i first got the service. for me to have to pay for wiring that they installed is like a slap in the face. i have had brighthouse (indianapolis) and had perfect service continously with two thirds less monthly fee. the only reason i now have comcast is because they are the only ones available in my apartment complex. i am currently looking for similar service from another vender and as soon as i find one i am forever through with the comcast (robbery)
Review

How can you get comcast when you cannot afford it when you are on SSI?

AM I GOING TO HAVE TO CHOSE BETWEEN food and cable? I'm on SSI and cannot afford comcast at 70.00 / month with everything costs more.I feel like this is another SCAM!! IT IS SIMPLY UNACCEPATABLE,they think they will gain more customers,WRONG!!!,People cannot pay these insane money prices with the econmy,In my book, family first,then luxeries!MYpoint is this is unfair to the disabled and poor,wich we are both,wife has been disabled entire life due to espispy,she cannot work,i work part time,but do not make enough to pay for everything,AGAIN I SAY THIS IS WRONG!!!

Food more important than any cable company, I going to shut down my cable also. In not worth the price of going without food. I can't see paying out 80.00 just to see tv.

Do you expect anyone to feel sorry for you? You don't need cable to live so stop you're whining.

You do realize that it's not Comcast's responsibility to make sure that you have your soap fix or are able to watch Oprah every day, don't you? Why don't you get the local channels? It's because you feel entitled to get the highest level but be able to only pay $20 a month because you're on a fixed income.

Grow the *** up.

You're online, that should be enough. If you're at the library (which I highly doubt) then go check out some FREE movies and stop you're *** complaining.

It appears that your computer is working just fine and you're able to afford internet access - read your news and catch up on your soaps from there. There are lots of things I'd like to have too, but alas, evil people and organizations expect me to pay for them.... :cry

It's possible to qualify for a "Senior Citizen" rate--IF Comcast offers such. I know AT&T was offering Senior Citizen rates on some of their services in florida.

:? If you can't afford it, you can't get it.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but Comcast (or other cable tv) is not a right. It is a "luxury", to use your term. This issue is not about fairness.

No one needs cable tv. Be glad you can put food on the table and have a roof over your head.

View more comments (4)

Comcast is rip off

This new move to digital is nothing but a money maker for Comcast. They say they are giving away 2 adapters per house - but it is just another way for the further control your viewing and monitor what is being viewed. I decided I would pay for an extra HD-DVR - but I not only had to pay their advertised rate per month but then an additional fee for having more then 3 HD boxes (they don't advertise that). So now with their *** digital adapters I have ANOTHER remote that I have to use. They are out of control and just add fees on top of fees. I'll be looking at alternatives - but I think they have a pretty good monopoly.

What's the latest with "on Demand" the programs they run no longer have a fast forward feature. I use on demand to see programs i don't have time to watch regularly,if i don't have time do i really want to watch commercials?

furthermore why the same ones over and over? come on comcast if you can't afford to put the programs on without a fast forward feature don't offer them!!!

I so agree ... I feel like we are stuck and Comcast knows it ...

we have 3 choices ... no cable TV (which I am close to doing but will miss HGTV and the Food Network and FOX News), Comcast Digital Cable, or Sattelite TV ...

we sure can't expect the government to help us! *** world we live in!

Comcast has fraudulant sales policies. I received a call from them telling me that my high speed wasn't as fast as it could be and they would like to install a free modem.

Knowing Comcast as I do I asked how long it was free for. The answer? Till I stopped my service. Then I asked if it was free even though I was not going to sign up for their digital phone service they are always hawking.

The answer was yes. Can you guess? It wasn't free at all. So after over an hour of yelling in the phone I got them to give their "long term, valued" customer a credit and reduce rate - for 6 months.

After which this long-term, valued customer will be taking his business elsewhere. Fraud is will not be tolerated!

#121984

got my digital box lost all the local tv stations that were broadcasting in HD. now they tell me I need to get a HD box to get the HD channels I had before the change to digital cable which only helped them not me and now will cost me. I too will be looking at alternatives.

#121927

My family and I were scammed as well. never received our net-book.

was to get it before the holiday.

I am going to the BB. hopeful will hear from them soon.

View more comments (4)

Comcast in Indianapolis, Indiana - Email address passsword

everytime i tried to do something on here it asked me for my email address and password. i tried to put lataushaforrest@hotmail.com and password and a screen pops up and sayes that email and password are wrong it is hard for me to do anything with out it. i dont know if i am doing it wrong or what i need help.i want to be able to get on line to chat and play games for a audlt and kids once i get that everything might be alright i dont have nothing else to say i hope that this can help me with my problem

Usually contacting the provider is a good idea. if you have an issue call them they will have your email address and password ready for you. it is your comcast email it is asking for

maybe they want your comcast.net email address

View more comments (1)