Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer phone internet cable bill problem people account
Filter review

Comcast customer service is terrible!!

2.0
Internet went out and it even confirmed on their site that there was an outage in my area. Well a day later and still no internet so i called Comcast up and basically told me up front my modem is dying. I didn't believe the guy but he insisted that he have a technician come out to look at the modem. He didn't offer to check the cable lines or anything on Comcast's end to ensure i was getting a good enough signal. At this point i was already upset so i hung up. Mysteriously the internet came back on again 5-6 hours after i had called, about 4 hours after i wrote on comcast's forum telling them their customer service is terrible. It irritates me to no end how Comcast comes off and says i need a new modem because the one i have does not work good enough. It works fine. Besides having that internet glitch, this company is greedy and most likely was going to force me to use one of their modems raising the price of my service! Annoyed by this service and i hope Google Fiber will be available soon, getting tired of Comcast and i definitely recommend Dish, Direct TV or if you have anything better in your area avoid Comcast if you can. Comcast is not a recommended service, customer service is a joke and i wouldn't trust them at their word saying when something needs replacing when it's their business practice that needs fixing.

Comcast is still horrid, can't wait long enough for google fiber. Telling customers to upgrade to a new modem, either by buying one or renting one is ridiculous.

ID
Waukegan, Illinois
Service
Comcast Internet Service
Pros
  • Able to use existing modem
  • Internet speed
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Prices
  • Having to get a new modem
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection