State: Illinois Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (39 of 763 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Comcast in Carpentersville, Illinois - Another cable across the yard I didnt need

I recently upgraded my Comcast internet service, which I have had for over 8 years, to the triple play deal that Comcast has offered me. I didn't notice until two days later that the technician ran a very long cable across my back yard. I actually tripped over it one evening playing with the kids in the back yard. I know its kind of embarrassing but WHAT THE *** IS THAT CABLE FOR since I already was a customer and there was a line already ran underground about 7 years ago. This is a brand new area and I have had zero problems so don't tell me the cable is bad. I toned the *** thing out myself so I know it works. I called Comcast and no one could give me an explanation. I already had Comcast for the last 7 years and I was a previous Comcast cable customer before that. There was already a cable in the ground from my house to the box in the back of my lot. Why did the tech cut my lines and run a new cable? If this doesn't get resolved asap I will cancel not only my tv and phone but my internet as well which I had over 7 years. I talked to a manager named Robin which was completely useless. I was told that someone will not be out to my property for 10 days. I keep my yard pristine the last thing I want is someone trenching a line I don't need. I have not given Comcast permission to trench a line especially since a line already exists. If I catch someone digging in my yard there is going to be *** to pay and that tech will have the worst day of his/her life..... This is totally unacceptable. The worst part yet is my lawn service is coming tomorrow and if I disconnect my line now I not only loose internet but phone and TV as well. We work from home and I can't even revert back to just my internet service since the half wit tech cut the previous coax at my box about 3 inches off the ground. I guess tomorrow I will have to remove the cable myself and go get a coupler from home depot and repair the cable the tech cut to have my internet restored.
Tags
  • Comcast line

Comcast in Glen Ellyn, Illinois - Terrible Internet! Calling "customer service" all the time

This Internet has not worked properly since day one! I am writing this on my IPad because my Internet is out again! I get terrible reception, my wireless devices are always prompting me to use the neighbors WIFI because it has a stronger signal. I have wasted days of my life on the phone with Comcast and waiting for service to come out. I cannot use wireless in the next room, I literally have to be next to the modem. They told me I need to buy a router! Can someone tell me why I should have to go BUY stuff to make their stuff work? When customer service says my signal should be able to cover my house (I would be happy with 25ft!). There is nothing good about this, DO NO GET COMCAST INTERNET!

Comcast has a router/modem box. Go to comcast with old box n ask to switch out for the router combo box.

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Elmhurst, Illinois - What? It cost how much 5 miles away?

Why can't we get someone other than Comcast and AT&T to provide internet? they both lie and cheat and provide the absolute worst service. Comcast charges me $65 for my internet; a friend with the same speed (we checked) less than 10 miles away is charge $40 and another friend in the opposite direction, but about 12 miles away is also $40 (same speed). how is this legal? And the worst thing, they redid the line (again) and when they showed up to bury it, they came on the wrong day, screwed up my yard, cut my expensive edger around my plants, left holes in the back and didn't even bury the entire cable!! When i called, after an hour or so, got a supervisor and was assured all would be handled...haven't heard a word since; there is part of the cable still not buried and i have to replace that expensive edging but i have no choice since i have to have internet....how do we change this and force more competition?

Comcast in Arlington Heights, Illinois - Over charging

I was a 20 year plus customer- and a good one. Never late on payment, over $200/month user. I had a service issue with internet. They apparently fixed the issue remotely without telling me. The service man came out and told me it was fixed before he got there- Great, right? Not really, they then sent me a bill for $60 for the service call. I refused to pay it- they refused to credit it. So, I dropped my service. Now they have turned me over to collection. This is not a company you want to do business with. It's sad, as they are the best at offering services
Comcast Internet Service

Upset with comcast service man.

On Feb 25, 2013 at 8:00 am. a service man came to my house because I was having a hard time connecting to the internet. I had traded in a good comp. because of this and on Feb 11, I bought a diff. comp. from a comp. store. I immediately had problems with the internet so I called Comcast. The man yelled at me that it WAS NOT MY BLACK BOX (modem). After dealing with this enough, I took the comp. back to the store and they said nothing was wrong with it. I got home and NO INTERNET. I called the computer pro store and the OWNER came on his own time and couldn't get the internet so, he got another computer and it couldn't get the internet either. He said it is absolutly the modem. After your employee screamed at me + said their were some dog hairs on my comp. and my cables were probably loose cause they were a mess. I had never had a person in my house talk to me like that before. He didn't check the modem from inside the house. I have always had the most respectable people from your comp. before. If this man comes to my house again, I will not let him in the door. After going through all this from Feb 25- today, I think I shoud be compensated.

Fraudulent Promotion offered by Comcast

Two weeks ago I signed up for this Economy Plus comcast internet service online for $14.99/month first year. This promotion was mailed to my house, and on the homepage of Comcast. Process went smooth. The bill at the end stated $39.99 but it also said that the bill could be not up to date or may not be accurate. Turns out I was charged that amount every month. I called them twice, and used "Live Chat" once. All the billing department said was "oh, I don't see the promotion, sir. And I don't see the promotion." The Live Chat told me to wait 3-5 business days, and never replied me after that. I specifically told them email+phone call. No Emails, no phone calls. I was later told they left me a voice mail at noon the 6th business day, while I was calling their customer service agagin. The voice mail was never caught by my phone. The customer service rep, both times, denied the existance of the promotion. The Live Chat personal also expressed that they didn't know such a thing, when the ad was easy to find on their website as of today at http://wwwb.comcast.com/internet-service.html, same site I signed up for internet, having recently switched from AT&T. As an honest business, please don't deny your ads and promotions, and consider provide a functional department of customer service.
Tags
  • Economics
  • Call option

Comcast customer service is a joke

My comcast internet went out. I called comcast and waited on hold for 25 mins. The rep advised me she did not know why my internet wasn't working and will send a tech right out. 5 days later!! I explained that this was not acceptable due to exams that needed to b completed over the next 2 days. She said she understood and would expedite my call and said I would receive a call back in 45 mins. 2 hours pass and no phone call. I called again and waited 35mins on hold. Spoke to a gentleman who advised me that he will expedite my call and repair and ill receive a call in 55 mins. My "adventure" started at 4pm it was on 630p. At 8p I still did not receive the promised call. I called back again and spoke to "Brie". Brie advised me the call back office closed at 6pm so they would call me tomorrow. I asked how could this be when the last rep I spoke to was at 630p and he advised me they will call me back in 55 mins. He said he didn't know and I needed to more or less get over it and wait til tomorrow. I asked to than speak to a supervisor. Brie placed me on hold for 45 mins to "find" his supervisor Moncia. Monica advised me that the call center closed at 2pm and they would call me tomorrow. I asked her how is it possible that the time changes with every person I speak to. Her answer was I don't know. Monica had no concept of what was goin on nor what her own reps were saying. I asked to speak to her manager Albert. Monica advised me bert was off for next 2 days and would call me back. I asked Monica for the customer relations contact info, she gave me the address to pay my bill, than changed her story and said I could find the info online. HELLO the reason for the call is cuz I had no internet!! I was than sent to Washington her other manager who advised me the call center closed at 3pm and someone would get back to me in the morning. A different time again. Washington advised me that if I didn't receive a call in the AM that I could call him back and he would see what was going on. I asked for his contact number and was advised that I would need to just keep calling the general 800 number til I found someone that knew him. I said that was like finding a needle in a haystack and he laughed and said yup. Washington also adviised me that he was good friends with the general manager Albert who is in charge of the Mexico (yes calls are routed out of the county) office and would call me back Saturday morning when he returned. Needless to say it has been 3 weeks and still waiting not only for this phantom call but also the call I was promised to receive in the morning from the call center. I had to wait 5 days to have my internet service fixed. Comast is the worse!

Comcast & it's service

I have had intermittent service relating to my Comcast Internet and Digital Voice services. I called and made an appointment and the service tech did not show up. When I call in on my cell phone, the person on the phone said they call me several times and decided I wasn't home because I didn't answer the calls. Hello? How can you answer your phone when it is out. I made the appointment and had to wait several days for this meeting to take place. The phone came back on and I called Comcast again, only to have the phone cut off while talking to them...still no service. I am thoroughly disgusted and considering another service. I see that the service is up right now, so I'd better post while I still have Internet service.

brian_roberts@comcast.com

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is not worth the money nor the headache

Comcast service is both expensive and spotty. I am paying $62 a month for JUST internet...customer service is horrible, and I have no other choice but to use their service. Their scam is to get you in for a "promotional period" and 6 months later, raise your prices, and again, raise their prices 6 months again. I paid $35 for the first 6 months, $45 the after that, and now $62 after that. This company can do this because they have very little competition in most locations, very little I (or most others) can do. If you have an option, I recommend that you stay away from Comcast by all means.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN 8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards (MOMO) sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

View more comments (1)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Chicago, Illinois - Second time in three months they made me pissed beyond belief

This is the second time in the last three months I've had to write in about an issue, Comcast has by far the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. The first time, even after several phone calls and online chats you refused to disconnect my service at my old house after I moved. Now, I am even more frustrated than I was the first time. I canceled my internet because I was so angry at the company after the hoops you made me jump through when I moved. Firstly, I never had the internet installed, and yet it was never removed off of my bill, so I was paying for services I never had. So after while when I decided to come back and have the internet, I was told to come to the local office and pick up some equipment and then I would be all set. I work the same hours as the local center so I asked to have them mailed. They never were mailed. Then after some time of waiting, I had to take time off of work to go pick up the equipment. Then I get it set up, and surprise! It does not work. So I called the company and was transferred over and over again until after about an hour I was frustrated enough to stop trying. This calling process was repeated twice and then again over live chat another two times. So this is about four or five hours of my life WASTED trying to get the service that I pay for to actually work. Not to mention the money I lost when I had to *** of work. This is all out of pocket time and money that I am using on this company, to do Comcasts job. Then, finally after OVER a month of trying to get the thing to work I am told I have to get a service call to have the wall jack installed. Basically Comcast is stealing my money. Why am I paying money for services I cannot get to work? Why am I spending all my time and taking off of work to do something that should have been done? Really I would like to know why it is that not a single employee that I spoke to before this day could not have told me that I need a service call, or in fact why was I instructed to spend my gas and time to go and get equipment, that was supposed to be mailed to me? So after spending all of this (which for someone who is working pay check to pay check trying to keep up with bills, is a pretty big deal) Comcast really has the audacity to ask me to pay for yet another set up/service call? Really!? Well, I think not.

I would never have spent all that time you spent on this matter....you must be a very desperate illiterate person.

Or- I don’t like spending my money for nothing in return. I would rather spend my time than my money.

Paying thirty dollars a month for something I don’t have, starts to add up. And how on earth does the "illiterate" part even come into play?

If I was unable to read or write how would I read my bills, work a full time job, go to school, write this letter, or even respond to you? I think someone should have gotten a dictionary for Christmas.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

View more comments (2)