New England, North Dakota

Oh Comcast.. how I hate you. So, from the beginning I found the comcast website to be very confusing when trying to decide which service to order. I go on the site under double-play packages and click where it says "80+ channels etc, etc for 69.99". This brings me to a page which says "blac extra package". Now, NOWHERE does it say what type of cable you get with this package and obviously since I had just clicked on 80+ channels (the digital starter package) on the previous page I think "ok this package has 80+ channels". No. Do not order services online people, please just don't do it.

So I decide this is the package I want for 69.99, good internet all the channels I want, awesome. I go to enter my address and it won't let me order and tells me to call customer service. So, I do and they tell me that my address is simply not in their system and that they have to put it in. While I am on the phone with this woman she does it, very polite, and tells me to try again so I do and it works I say thank you and hang up. When I look back to my computer the screen has changed and it says "new customer" and offers the blast extra package for 39.99 now! I'm thinking I must have it wrong so I pull up another page and it has the exact same description as what I was planning on getting for 69.99. I'm thinking cool this is great. So that's what I order.

The guy comes and installs everything, no problem. When he leaves I decide to watch some tv, except, I have essentially no channels! I call and see what the problem is and they say that the blast extra comes with only basic cable which IT DOES NOT SAY UNDER THE DESCRIPTION! Why is it when I click on "80+ channels" on one page it brings me to a package that does not offer 80+ channels??????? Someone tell me if I am just crazy. At this point I have to get to work so I tell them I will figure it out later.

The next day, I call again and try to simply get a receipt with exactly what I ordered and what do they send me? The description of the blast extra package (with no price) that everyone can see online. I tell them no, I would like to see EXACTLY what I ordered and they say they do not have access to special promotions... you are the sales department!!! They say they see nothing for 39.99.. then why is that how much I see on my bill?! Uugh. Finally I just give up and say w.e I'll decide what to do later, right now I am just happy my internet is working. I also ask about the fact that my on demand is not working anymore and they say that that does not come with basic cable.. which makes sense but when I ask them why it was working for us for a week they have no explanation. I let it go.

A couple days later, my internet ceases to work. I call for tech support and the girl is just plain rude. She treats me like I am a complete *** and I am someone who is pretty well versed when it comes to technology. First thing she tells me is to unplug the modem, so I do. A couple minutes later she says "I do not see that it is online... is it plugged in?" with an attitude. I said no you just told me to unplug it sorry. It starts to work and I say oh its working thanks and she just says "is that all?" like I've bothered her in some way.

I then have her transfer me to the sales department because my boyfriend and I have decided we want to upgrade for better cable. I am talking to this woman while online looking at packages and ask her what she can offer me for an upgrade. She tells me well we cannot upgrade your package without you cancelling first and then ordering new service. So, what she is telling me is that I must cancel, order new service, stay home to have a tech come to my house again ("it is different equipment that must replace what I have") just to upgrade at all. I then ask her just what it is i'll be able to upgrade to and she says she cannot tell me while I am an existing customer because what is offered to me will change when I am no longer a customer... ummm ok. As I'm talking to her my internet goes again!!!! I tell the woman I just had this "fixed" and she ignores me as I am on the *** of tears after dealing with these people for days and keeps asking if I want to upgrade. Finally I get so upset and just have her cancel it which requires yet another transfer. The woman I deal with while cancelling is by far the nicest person I have had to deal with at comcast, go figure.

They need to be boycotted, people cannot be scammed and treated this way. It just sucks that they are my only option. I have gone without cable and internet for a month now despite being an online student just to avoid having to deal with them, so horrible. Just thinking about getting their service makes me tired.

If you get comcast go talk to someone in person so you know who to blame when you don't get the service you thought you were paying for.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Tv Service.

Comments

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.