Leesburg, Virginia

Two of my cable boxes had been out since last Friday, so I made an appointment with Comcast to have a Technician come out and fix them the following Tuesday between 2-5pm. I left work early to be home for the appointment and no one called or came past.

I have had this problem with them before, so I called comcast back at around 4:30pm and found out that the Technician had canceled my ticket saying that he called me and no one answered which was a lie. I was finally able to get a Supervisor on the phone and she sent an email through the dispatch for him to come back and he didn't come back.

So now I have to reschedule my appointment again, leaving me with days of no service again and having to use more leave from my job because there are no evening appointments left. Comcast provides the worse service!!!

Comments

Hi I'm dealing with the very same issue almost but mine getting them to hook up a line witch is already here been 2weeks now and nobody there has there *** together I have had to call everyday asking why there doing this but tommorow is supposed to b a good day there coming 3-5 yea we'll see bet I have to call again I keep missing work cuz of there *** times.and I don't understand why they have utility trucks if there not going to use it lazy as *** is all I can say.and to the person on this post I agree they have the worst service ever they deserve a golden globe for years worst service

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Actually not all Technician are not doing their jobs only some of them. My experience was two technicians their Filipino I'am not shame to comments this two filipino technician, what they did was not deserving for their company.

I was schedule for installation of an Internet connection, one technician he said he is 2950 that the name he told me,when he came he's looking the cable around the house never asking were i want the connection so i just leave he's around because i'm taking care of my granddaughter.Then he found one and make an cable connection then he ask me were i want the connection , I told him in my room and he commented that it is too far from that connection he did. i told him i have my Internet Blu-ray but he told well we reschedule for transfer and we activate the line but I insist no once you activate the line i will start paying on that even I'am not using it. Since we never agree each other I told him to stop and I will cancel the installation.2nd one never show -up the 3rd one show up but the guy keep on asking our personal life how many we have in the house and when he know that I need a connection in the room he commented that we have to look a cable near in the room location. We found but when he tested if its active he found that dead line.

Then he looking for the comcast box and in the attic room but their is no person present in the room because it is in the Hospital. Their is an access he can connect another cable by going up in the roof using their safety ladder but he refused because he might the landlord will sue them for gutter damage and he might get accident in going up, he talk a lot of reason not to do the work. Until now,I never schedule again and the installation kit is still in my Hand....I'am eager to have comcast connection but their technician they don't want to do it.They don't want their company to have new customer for their additional asset.

For sure they choosing a customer that it easy for them to make installation especially these two guys.One technician installed a connections up stair was a white guy and he did the right thing, he climb carefully and do he's job to get a connection and he did. That guy was deserving for their company.....Comcast Human Relationship should look over this issues for long term customer relationship.

emooneyde19702

Don't blame the techs, blame Comcast. They constantly overbook the calendar which in turn results in a tech having two days work one day and two hours work the next.

Customer service may answer your phone call quickly but will be just as quick to put you on hold and then purge your call. This shows fast answering times on their report, the dropped call is considered a customer hang up.

They constantly build the work orders incorrectly resulting in a tech showing up with the wrong equipment or expecting to do a simple upgrade when the customer ordered a much more time consuming job.

I contracted for Comcast for years and went on to manage employee based contractors.

It was then my eyes were opened at their total disregard for booking work that reflects their manpower availibility. Nothing has changed in 20 years they still don't care as long as they their 32cents on the dollar!

We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence.

A comcast technician came in to our house around 5pm to set up a cable then...my Dad looked at him like he was being lazy to do his job! then he started to said something pretended so that he could leave his job and I heard his car moved away with a sound.

After that my Dad was angry because he wanted to get done and it wasn't our problem that the technician came at 5pm.They should change their schedule if one of their technicians are hella lazy. I know they have a high speed internet.But I agree with you sir that their services are hella poor.

I'm an engineer and from what I can see, these technicians are poorly trained and they don't know what they're doing. Its not right to say you are sacrificing craftsmanship when you simply don't have the skill required to fix problems properly. My comcast technician last year had to call comcast several times before doing a simple install because he didn't know what he was doing. I told him to just leave nicely because I had identified the problem and didn't need his help.

I just had a no show, having packed schedules does not excuse anybody for not calling beforehand to let me know that the appointment was cancelled. Or that you will be late. I called the call center to get some answers, the lady said the technician will be there even though she has no idea how to get in touch with him. Not to mention the fifteen minute wait, which comcast claimed would be 1 minute long.

I am seriously considering letting go of comcast one more time because of this incident, it's just extremely unprofessional. We all have packed schedules, we all skip lunches, in fact we take the day off to wait for these unprofessional people, and for a company whose ad campaign is based on customer service, this is simply unacceptable.

sam and Jay,

I don't think the problem is coming from your end. The people who show up at my house are usually dependable.

It is this ridiculous 866-594-1234 call center. They leave you on hold for ever ask the same information over and over, say anything to get you off the phone, change your appointment without a call and disconnect your call if they don't want to deal with the problem. I have had 3 no show appointments in a week, unfortunately it will be hard to be nice to the person who finally shows up.

Do they care if I don't get around to paying my bill for next 3 or 4 months?i have wasted way to much time sitting at home waiting. It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I have sat here from!

Oh my gosh-this comcast stuff is crazy. Third no show.

They called twice to confirm the appointment and then never showed.

When I called to see what happened, the automated message said it was tomorrow. Finally talked to someone, they don't know why it was changed and they are soooo sorry that nobody called to tell me.

I too am a technician for Comcast and I really do enjoy my job fixing people's problems. It gives me great satisfaction to resolve issues on a daily basis. I can vouch for Sam 100%. They cram so much work on you that you really have to sacrifice craftsmanship for quantity and worry about getting a repeat trouble call on your monthly reports. I start the day off with sometimes 8 or 9 jobs and throughout the day they are added in some instances we get 12 or more.

The trade-off is missed appointments or shoddy work. If I miss my next appointment, it's because I didn't want to leave the customer before with either questions, more trouble, or no resolution to their trouble. The days with 12 jobs most definitely ends with a few late or missed appointments.

On some days I only get routed 4 jobs, which I might say is awesome, only because the fact that I know that I will meet every appointment in a timely manner and I will most certainly fix any trouble the customer is having.

Most days I don't get to eat lunch. I don't typically add enough time in my day to eat breakfast either because I have to drive over an hour to work each morning and I usually don't get out of work until 11 hours into my work without lunch as well only to drive another hour home. That's nearly half my day not including sleep, so eating has been a luxury. So believe Sam and myself when we say that we wish we didn't miss appointments and had more time to be there for every customer.

I am a Comcast Technician. I figure since my bosses and supervisors do not listen I will bring it to customer circus.com. I am here to tell why our customer service sucks. I will give you an example of a technicians day. Day Starts at 6:30 am>>> From there we pick up our work orders and equipment.

That takes us to about 6:45-7:00. Now I cant speak for all systems but where I work my day consist of (2) 7-9’s (2)9-11’s (2)11-1’s and (1) 1-3. With that being said, It usually takes us anywhere from 30 to 57 mins to get to the first job. Which means we are already backed up by time we make it to our first job. The way they cram so much work into a day leads to bad craftsmanship and lack of customer education. I have seen in my 6 years working here most of the problems stem from missed items in the home from rushing or lack of customer education from the tech not being able to spend that extra 15 to 30 mins explaining how to check your voicemail or work your dvr.

I know most of the techs I work with want to fix problems and we always complain to our superiors that we need more time but they are more concerned about productivity and want to complain about repeat trouble calls. They must make their mind up Quality or Quantity you cant have both. These numbers also affect our raises the amount of times we are late and they amount of repeat trouble calls all count against us. We all say it “this system is designed for us to fail” and they say “people do well in this system”

I am telling everyone one this because during the past few weeks I have been taking a lot of *** from customers and I have no choice but to side with you all and now with the launch of fios it has become worst. I just want to let you know we try to work with what is handed to us. Some days play out better than others. But many of the techs go through days without lunch or breaks just to make up time…. I really hope this can change one day so we can offer you the customer service you deserve and pay for…….

SAM