Aurora, Colorado
Coverage Area

I started with Comcast Business after having terribly unreliable DSL. The sales rep sold me on solid connectivity and dedicated customer service that is supposed to be light years beyond what they offer in residential service.

The internet was blazing fast. It never went down. As for the customer service, that's where it all went wrong. A year after the install, I sold my property and moved my home and business from Colorado to New Mexico. I had a site survey done on the new location to see if I could keep my comcast business, but it could not be serviced by Comcast. So I called to schedule the disconnect. I was told I could be let out of the contract since they could not service the new location. I just needed to submit a utility bill from the new location as proof of the move. I did this via email and received confirmation from the rep that they received it.

Two weeks go by - I try to return my modem to the comcast store as instructed and am told I have a 2 hour wait (yes, just to drop off a modem). So I went with the second option of returning it through a UPS store which was much faster. A week later I get a phone call from my realtor. The new owners of the house were told they could not set up their comcast service because my service had not yet been disconnected. So I call comcast business again and get a different rep. They informed me they never received a signed disconnect form from me. I told them I was never sent one. So they check the email and the previous rep had mispelled my email address even though she could have just replied to one I sent her. So a new form was sent and I digitally signed it. I then received a confirmation from them that the disconnect request was received. The rep told me to contact him directly should I have any further problems.

Three weeks go by and I get a new monthly charge on my account for comcast business service. So I contact the previous rep that helped me again via email outlining everyone I had spoken with and the dates and times and the latest charges to my account. NO RESPONSE.

So now I've disconnected the auto-bill pay on the old account. I'm trying one last time today to get a refund for the most recent deduction for service at location I no longer own in a state I no longer live in, on a contract that I was formally let out of. My last option after this is to dispute the charges with my card company since I have all the documentation and issue this corrupt company a charge back.

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. I went from a believer in their service to a hater in just over 30 days all because of the inability of their customer service team to just disconnect my account. It seems like this is their standard business practice.

Save yourself the headache. Never give Comcast business. Switch to internet TV on a streaming device and get your internet through any other internet provider. You'll regret having any comcast service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

I liked: Fast internet.

I didn't like: Customer service incompetence, Fraud, Lack of integrity, Billing practices.

• Comcast Business Review