Middle Valley, Tennessee

When I first signed on to Comcast in 2012 after taking a year off when one of their sales people was going from door to door signing people up. I had discussed and agreed to a $215 price for the HD premier XF bundle and made sure that it was a permanent rate.

HE assured me that it was. One year later, the rate increased to $228 a month. Now this month, I get a bill for $246 due to the HD technology fee aka tax. I called them up to see what the tech fee was for.

They couldn't give me a honest answer since I am renting their HD converter boxes. All they can say is that it was a valid charge and refuse to do anything about it. Even when I told them that I was going to switch to EPB, they acted as if so what.

I have a 2 year contract with them which ends at the end of January but if they don't change the amount I owe this month. I am going to blast them with emails, contact the FCC, the BBB and a few others to show Comcast that people should be ***.ed off at the way they are treating thier customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Bundle.

Comments

Gambrills, Maryland, United States #711072

I had this fee also added to my bill and called Comcast. I was told the fee was due to the fact that my DVR was "HD Ready".

So what? This is the DVR you delivered 3 years ago and I don't have, nor want HD Service. I was told I could take the DVR back to the local office and ask for DVR Only and call them and they will refund the charges. I'm taking it back tomorrow, so we will see.

My plans are to leave Comcast totally. I'm sick of their sh. .

! :( :(

Middle Valley, Tennessee, United States #705753

Update: the problem is fixed and trust me they get scared when you mention that you will file a complaint with the FCC and BBB. Herein the Chattanooga area, Comcast had over 18,000 complaints in the past 3 years.