As someone who closely monitors their credit, I went in to Comcast in Crystal Lake, IL to inquire about getting a cable and internet package. The woman who helped me tried to get me to sign for their package even though I wasn't sure...I needed time to think about it.

I gave them my information, NOT my social security number, and they were still able to manage to run a credit check on me. I have no idea how the *** they were able to do that even though I never signed anything NOR gave them authorization. Two weeks later and I see there was a hard credit inquiry on my credit score. I am really annoyed and mad that this woman ran the credit check.

I am trying to get my score up so I can get a house and a new vehicle in the near future. For those who don't know, a hard credit check takes at most 2 years to get wiped from your credit score. It knocks your score down by a few points usually but that's beside the point.

Like I said, how dare a company go ahead and do that without my authorization and without me going through with the deal. I didn't want to sign with them initially and I dare not sign with them ever!

Preferred solution: Warn employees not to run people's credit without their permission!.

Comments