AS A LONG (LONG) TERM FEMALE CUSTOMER WITH COMCAST FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS, I DON'T PAY OVER $200/MONTH TO BE HARASSED BECAUSE OF MY SEX - UNTIL NOW-- On January 23, 2016, I called Comcast numerous times beginning at approximately 7:16 pm ET for assistance with my internet service. I simply could not access the Internet. As this type of inquiry would be a common one that Comcast Internet agents address frequently, I assumed my problem would be answered simply and professionally. Think again. After two hours and five different answers by five different reps (I'm not even including those who literally hung up on me because they could not either understand the issue or just did not want to work) I eventually was connected with Nathan in Manilla (outsourcing at its finest) at 9:08 pm on January 23, 2016, who also provided me yet (again) different steps on how to "fix" the issue I was facing. (That's right, after 4 hours my issue has yet to be resolved.). It was difficult to understand Nathan due to his accent as he is from Manilla, but I felt this would not be of concern as he seemed to understand the issue. This was until he asked "if my router was facing a wall". I politely asked him "excuse me, but what are you asking?" as I was not sure if this was truly his question. (Note: during my conversation with Nathan, my husband was in the background speaking to my daughters - this is relevant to the issue....keep reading) After I asked him to confirm his question about my router's whereabouts, is when Nathan said "Why don't you put the man I can hear in the background on the phone? Perhaps HE is smart enough to talk to me?" At first, I did not believe what I heard was correct. He kept rambling on until it hit me that he truly DID insult me and it truly WAS intentional. I told my husband what he said and my husband took the phone. He asked Nathan if he truly said what he said. Nathan admitted he did. My husband then said "I believe you owe my wife an apology" to which Nathan replied "If I feel as though an apology is due, THEN I will give one. But I don't owe her one."
Hey Nathan, are you aware of THESE following women? I'm sure these WOMEN powerhouses are not happy with the way you treat and speak to WOMEN CUSTOMERS! Do you?
I'm guessing you should be aware of their names, as they most likely have a say in whether or not this type of treatment is acceptable or not. Additionally, each one is receiving this review in their email as well:
1) Bonnie Hammer, Chairman, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios)
2) Cathy Avgiris, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Communications and Data Services, Comcast Cable
3) D'Arcy Rudnay, Chief Communications Officer, Comcast Corporation
4) Lauren Zalaznick, Chairman, Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media, NBCUniversal
5) Amy Banse, Managing Director and Head of Funds, Comcast Ventures, on the Comcast
6) Pat Fili-Krushel, Chairman, NBCUniversal News Group
7) Jennifer Gaiski, Senior Vice President, Content Acquisition, Comcast Cable
8) Charisse Lillie, Vice President of Community Investment, Comcast Corporation, and President, Comcast
9) Lisa Berger, President, Entertainment Programming, E! Entertainment Television,
10) Linda Yaccarino, President, Advertising Sales, NBCUniversal
11) LeAnn Talbot, Regional Senior Vice President, Freedom Region, Comcast Cable,
12) Charlotte Field, Senior Vice President, Infrastructure and Operations, Comcast Cable
At this point, my husband asked to be transferred to a supervisor, and surprise!, he was "disconnected." We both tried for three hours to be connected to a supervisor. FINALLY, he was connected and my husband explained the harassment I endured and the supervisor replied "I will escalate this complaint and you should hear from a Comcast superior tomorrow at the latest."
Well, it is now February 6, 2016. No call. No email. Nothing. Silence.
I had no idea that Comcast hired reps that purposely belittle, degrade and insult WOMEN customers?
Unfortunately, I will stay with Comcast..... for now. This is ONLY because I have no choice because they are the only provider of Cable in my area (besides DISH). However, I am moving soon and I PROMISE you, that I will PURPOSELY move to an area that offers Verizon. I will switch immediately and will be THEIR WOMAN CUSTOMER for 20 PLUS years.
Future ex-Comcast Customer
Reason of review: All of the above!.
Preferred solution: Huge apology to all women Comcast Customers.
Comcast Cons: Sexual harassment.