State: Georgia Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (47 of 763 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

I dislike Comcast intensely.

Comcast came to rebury my service line as it was exposed. When the job was shoddily completed, I learned my service was gone. Thanks Comcast! I spent 8 1/2 hours yesterday and today speaking to CSRs, and not one would get my service restored after the company caused the problem. Initially, I was told they would rectify their error Thursday. Remember, this happened on Monday. Received a call from management (it's about time!) and I was told I was on the schedule for tomorrow. This is counter to the customer service guarantee. My expectations were left hanging. I was given a 30 dollar credit, which I don't want, I want my Internet. They told me I can't have it. Not today, but maybe tomorrow if the workload isn't too heavy for the techs.

They finally came out that Thursday. The technician got to troubleshooting, he determined that the previous tech that came out damaged my coaxial cable.

He installed a temp line so I could have some service, but it was two weeks before they came out to bury my line. I have sent letters to the CEO to Comcast. He ignored me. I also sent letters to the BBB, FCC, FTC 14 Senators on the Senate SubCommittee on Communications and Technology, Congressmen on the House Subcommittee on Communications and Technology.

I want documentation showing that they will fix the customer service problem so that its customers no longer have to suffer. I'm sure I won't hear anything.

I have already heard from one senator. :p

Comcast stood me up

I ordered service on 08/22/2011 scheduled to be installed 08/27/2011 between 8:00 AM and noon. When no one showed up by noon and I had not been contacted, I called Comcast. The representative informed me that my order had been cancelled because my address had been deemed unserviceable. I received no prior notification that my appointment would not happen as planned. I informed the representative that there must be a mistake, my next door neighbor has Comcast service and inquired as to how the unserviceable decision was reached, she could not provide that information. I requested a technician come to my house and verify physically that it is not serviceable and was told that this was not possible. This address has never had service so I'm sure it doesn't pull up in the computer, and neighbors on both sides of me have the service.

I had the exact same experience and my step father didd too, two weeks ago. THis is absolute ***.

They suck. Then they say "I'll have dispatch call you" never happened.

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast has had 8 years to fix our Internet service and FAILED.

We have had nothing but problems with Comcast in Bartow County, Georgia. Over the last 8 years, our Internet and TV service has been horrible. Poor signal quality, old equipment, bad customer service on the phone. We have Business Class service. They told us when we signed for it that we would have 4 hour response time and generally have better service than normal home users. This is a lie. Our service went out last night (8 hours ago) and is still out. All they will promise is that someone will be at our office sometime today !! My wife does web site design and hosting and has been down all day!! This is not the first time. Last month they had us down most of 3 weeks while they were "working" on the lines in our area. We have had continuous problems with our TV and Internet signals for eight years, and nothing has improved. Ever. Comcast is full of incompetent people who have no business being in business. Our biggest problem is that there isn't anyone else to go with in our area.

We had similar issues with Comcast internet and cable tv. Every time you call you rarely get a competent or honest service representative.

There is one call center where our service seem to get directed that seem to find an excuse to say it's your problem and not their service. When all the computers in the house are not working, the modem lights are not blinking and tv picture is intermittent how is that a customer wiring or equipment problem.

Then they lie and said we should a different modem and they sent us a notice(which they did not). Funny how that our declared outdated modem started working again less than an hour later. They have nothing to offer but excuses and rationalizations for the poor service.

And that includes incompetent service representatives who didn't even know how to get into a computer directory.

They act like they know but they definitely do not know.

The field techs who come to your house tend to be much more competent than the bozos they have in their service centers. There are some issues there as well the service centers are all but useless and a show for Comcast to say they have them.

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Jonesboro, Georgia - Promised new package included a program with equal cable speed

Comcast agent promised that a reduced cost plan included one premium channel. This month's bill reflected a separate charge for the channel. Thus increasing the cost of the package. Because the employee has since left the company...the supervisor is unwilling to provide the channel at no cost without regard to the employee's notes left on the account. The supervisor was unwilling to provide an immediate upper level supervisor's name to address a complaint to. Comcast has gotten too big for it's own good. I am looking for another cable provider in my area (Jonesboro, GA) who can provide me with speedy cable Internet, and phone service for my home business as well as some NFL channels for my sports fan husband. Comcast continues to make AT& T look ever so good. Comcast misapplied a payment and it took them two months to find it and apply it appropriately. In the mean time my cable services were interrupted more than 4 times and late charges were applied.
Review
#220355 Review #220355 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Promised credits by phone, but bill shows same rate

I called in to turn my service off. The CSR told me she didn't want to lose my business and that she would adjust my bill to keep me at the same rate of promotion. I have made numerous calls to Comcast, because I was credited 1 month, but now back at the inflated rate again. They say the same when I call in- "I will go in and credit your account, fix the problem and you will see it on your next bill." Well I haven't!! Anyone else had the same issues that can share the results?

This is true. Contact the better business bureau, they will help you.

The more people that report them to the BBB.

They'll HAVE to finally get some CSR, that know what the heck they are doing. They also MIGHT be able to provide good service ONE DAY!

sosickofcomcast

CSR,

Maybe you need to find a better job, because it's CRS like you at comcast. That make us consumers PISSED!

Then we all leave comcast and you will be without a job. So maybe you need to get a life!

a promotion by its very nature is a special introductory offer with set termination date - you are not entitled to the special rate after the promo expires. what makes you think taht you are so special that you should pay less for the same service as your next door neighbour? get a life.

View more comments (2)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Turned off my television service because another customer was late to pay their internet service

My cable service is paid for by my condominium association every month. My tenant has internet service with Comcast and was late to pay his bill. They cut off his service and my cable service. When I called to try and straighten it out, I was passed from one phone number to the next with people who could not speak English well. I was placed on hold for long periods of time. I was told my account was past due but they couldn't give me any information. They refused my request to speak to a supervisor. I could not get my cable service turned back on which of course was paid for by my condo association until my tenant paid his internet bill. I am so angry and frustrated. I wish I could get rid of Comcast. I hate them. To turn off my paid for cable because someone else is late for a different service is pure extortion and I am sure it must be illegal not that that matters.

Who's name is the bill in, and does comcast know theres 2 different people living in the same address?.

Why are you mad at Comcast for turning off the service when they weren't paid... why aren't you mad at your Tenant for not paying the bill?

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Business Class My ***

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I see that i have a support group here who may share my concerns and maybe we should all file a class act lawsuit in which i am willing to fund if necessary. I called Comcast Last year to get hooked up and they said it would be $600.00 to run 300ft of cable. I then proceeded to show them another route and they said " OH YEAH" like idiots. After getting it hooked up for nothing they left an exposed terminal on the side of a pole for the world to see and hook up to. Indeed one of my neighbors hooked right up to it stealing my business class. I called and made a complaint and they finally came out and cut the line 45days or so later. They left an exposed line laying there on the ground. The neighbor then reconnected what seemed to be an exact match from comcast leading me to suspect he had a friend who worked for them. I just cut it last night and i'm removing it from the terminal tommorow and going to put the terminal on a pole with 50,000volts running to it and a camera lol. Ladies and gentlemen that is just the beginning. They still have yet to bury my lines as they run from my shop to my office. 4 months ago my IP gateway crashed and i called them. They sent a Guy out who said hey i'm sorry i'm not a tech i'm a Maintenance man. I had to show him the issues and diagnose the issues myself and request that he go back to the office and get a new Modem. He did so and my problem was solved and THEY GAVE ME THE WRONG GATEWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE. Online support team said they did not support the Gateway and i said " Well your tech brought it to me so explain that" . They apologized and did nothing to my bill to make up for the incompetence of their techs. In conclucsion ( PLEASE READ ) 3 Days ago my New IPGateway made by Netgear started crashing for no reason. My PS3 said contact the manufacturer so i did and they said they could not support the product because they had a contract with comcast stating not to. I couldn't believe it. So i then called comcast and even they said they also could not support the product and would send a replacement in 4-5 days. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I proceeded to tell them how i seem to know more about their products and services than the actuall people they have working for them in person and by phone. I went straight out and bought a new Modem for myself and when i got back i sat on hold for 1 hour and finally got someone on the line. After a very long hour of conversation and 3 transfers i was notified that " I'm sorry Sir, We do not support any modems from the local sores in your market area". OH YES!!! I was outraged. How can a Modem at Wal-Mart or any other store say right there on the Package. "Easy Installation-one phone call to your Internet Service Provider completes the setup". NO IT DOES NOT! Because Comcast does not support Modems that you yourself can purchase. Only what they can give you. THEN WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED OF THIS? And how can a company false advertise this on their label in stores without knowing they would get a Lawsuit. I asked for a phone number to speak to a high end representative of the company and she informed me that there was no such number available and that i could email them at CONSUMER_COMPLAINTS@CABLE.COMCAST.COM Ladies and Gentlemen this is a major monopoly indeed and we should file suit. Thank You for your time and Oh yes if i could get any other type of highspeed for my business then trust me i would have already. So basically they have this area on Lockdown and it's illegal.

I have a number to a very wonderful Lady who can handle your very issue STONE MOUNTAIN resident. She will not only fix your problem but you will get a credit for any unlawful or unauthorized charges.

After a week of finding only the wrong people I finally met her and she is just amazing.

Email me at natehpi@yahoo.com. Thanks

Comcast has been very nasty with my account of over charging and leaving an old account open without me knowing it. bad bad people i spend half my time on the phone with them and still nothing on where there getting these high charges.i want my account investigated can some one give me any information on how are where to i can get help i need? my email msga369@aol.com thanks :cry

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste

Is there a way to get these *** to answer the phone?!?!?!

If I ran my business with such disregard for my customers I would be OUT OF BUSINESS!!

Government supported monopolies like comcast should be outlawed.

Yet they wonder why the "occupy" movement is so angry.

***

We are a repo and impound company. Our 5 landlines all have a recording that says the number is disconnected!!

We were alerted to this issue Monday the 4th and immediately began making calls the 'tech support'. basically no one knows how to fix our phones. Tech support to them is really customer relations because they are good at kissing your *** while they sound informative. But bottom line is they dont know how to fix ***!!

We are still with phones and "Tier 2 Tech Support" had been "Expedited".

MY ***!! They dont know what to do and hope you never call back!!

Hey you can get help. Just ask for a 3 year contract at 59.99 per month it's what I pay now and it's great.

If you can't get help then I'll find out who you call.

But after all my problems I've had no more problems since then. It's been great service since.

We've subscribed to Comcast for over 5years at my home, we run a business and a website out of our home, in short Comcast shut down our internet without a phone call informing us as to why. Then we called them and they said we could not run a business from Comcast, we had to purchase from Comcast Business Class for our internet connection.

Long story short, they now charge us more for phone and tv because it is no longer in a bundle with the internet. Also, said internet costs more because it's business class, no matter who I talk to on the phone, they cannot tell me why it's more or the difference between regular comcast and business class comcast...this is a scam! It now costs approx.

$50 more per month, even though the bill remittance form has the same return address for payment, and we get exactly the same services...WTH!!! I am so pissed off by this but we cannot afford to NOT have an internet connection..so frustrating and no end in sight!

View more comments (7)