State: Georgia Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (47 of 763 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

14 months of incorrect billings and bad internet conntections with Comcast

As of today we canceled our Comcast account. 14 months ago we moved to Georgia. We purchased a modem from Comcast and the technician installed a used, outdated modem saying we will have a new one sent to our home very soon. It never arrived and our first bill stated we were "leasing" our modem from Comcast with an additional 7 dollar charge per month. With our first call, we were apologized to about 15 times and they assured us the inaccurate charge would be removed and our account credited. The second bill arrived with a credit of 7 dollars and yet another charge for the "lease". This charge and credit volley continued up until we finally canceled as of today12-10-2013. We also had numerous times where we would loose connection up to 20 times in a hour (yes an hour) and they would tell us there was nothing wrong with our connection/signal. They claimed they could tell we had service just fine from the cable box at the road, up to the house. Really............? Pretty impressive from a technician in India or wherever, who could only make apologies. Every time we had to call their customer service we were connected and reconnected numerous times as the regular technicians are apparently only allowed to say "I'm sorry fifteen times in a 30 second conversation", and then will either drop your call, hang up on you, or put you on a endless hold. Comcast has no customer service. It is like a shell game where they will shuffle you around so much you finally end the call out of frustration after you have spent hours trying to get some kind of resolution. You may finally be able to talk with someone who actually is working in the US, who you can actually understand, only to have them lie to you as well when they say, "Give me a couple of weeks and I will get back to you with your real account charges." Don't ever expect that call to be made. This company has a monopoly in most places and they use it to their advantage. This giant company strives to make money from their customers by extortion and bad business practices.

Comcast and Their Lies

Comcast promises one price and you get another. It takes months to get them to admit a mistake and then one is told its all taken care of; only to have to go through the whole story again when the problem was not fixed. I have several relatives and co-workers that have moved on to Uverse and are satisfied and pay almost half of what comcast charges for the same services. Comcast claims to be so much faster than Uverse; not so! Ive used computers on Uverse and cant tell the difference. Comcast is a ripoff and they dont care about anything but money. Comcast customer service is a joke. I was on hold for 64 minutes and got disconnected. Many people are leaving to go to Uverse and i am headed that way myself. Comcast is over priced and over commercialsed. If they spent half as much on customer satisfaction as they do on boasting how much better they are than Uverse they wouldnt be loseing such a large customer base.

I had to switch from Uverse to comcast and it SUCKS! I have NEVER been more dissapointed!

Comcast in Tucker, Georgia - Service cancellation process next to impossible

Well, what can a say good about Comcast in GA? NOTHING! Well, actually I have had very good experience with several of their outside technicians who have responded to trouble reports. But that being said, I have had one bad experience after another with customer service and their lack of tech knowledge when reporting trouble. They are trained to follow a set protocol and cannot think out of the box or listen to you long enough to learn from past trouble reports and actual previous findings. They run me through the same *** steps time after time only to finally say they will have to send a tech to the house in 7 to 10 days. When the friendly tech arrives he can only agree that the problem is out on the line (Not in my House, like I told the customer service tech in the first place) and I have to wait another week or so for the maintenance crew to get around to my neighborhood. So after years of frustration and poor service I voted with my feet and got AT&T Uverse TV Service. Already had Voice and Internet but wanted to avoid having cable boxes, but then Comcast went digital and I was stuck with cable boxes. Then Comcast started removing channels and increasing the rate. Wife said; Enough is enough and Comcast must go! I guess I should not be surprised with the poor service I am receiving in trying to cancel my service when they did not care about me as a paying customer. Started trying to cancel my service with phone call on 6/17/13, of course that request was not logged by the customer service person I talked to. Big surprise! After over two months and more than 9 calls with escalations to various supervisors I am still being given empty promises and waiting for that elusive credit check in the mail. As of 5:00 PM on 8/19/13 I am being told I should receive my check in 7 – 10 Business days, like I haven’t heard that before. Think Comcast would be willing to wait 7-10 business days for a 60 day past due check? Would I ever consider Comcast for any service in the future? No Way!

Comcast Customer NO service

I had my internet connected today. My speed is slower than before connection. I have tried to call customer service and I keep getting disconnected before any one comes to the line. I tried online chat and the first time i was disconnected. The second time i felt like I was communicating with a child who has never even seen a computer. He offers me a service call but informes me that if the problem is not Comcast's issue, I will have to pay the service call. I just got this connected TODAY and I am dissatisfied. It is not like it was great and 2 weeks later there is a problem. Seriously?

Comcast in Smyrna, Georgia - No internet service for 36 hours

I have called Comcast about our business internet since yesterday. They claimed that the storm knocked out our internet service and it would be up shortly. I have been on the phone with them all day have gotten no where. They claimed someone would be out today to look into our situation, but no one came, they then told me that in two days someone could come out and fix our internet. Two days? I can't process credit cards, the phones don't work, our reservation system is down, we can't send any emails. In 2013 telling a business that they won't have internet for over 24 hours is absolutely unacceptable. Just talked to a "Steve" another professional phone answerer who told me to go ahead and sue comcast. I still have no internet, no solution, but I know that if I need to sue them then Steve is on my side.
Tags
  • no internet

COMCAST SUCKS

We started off happy with them. On promotion package. Then promotion went off and bill went up. I called. They said there was no promotion yet for me to switch back. Slowly bills started increasing. We were at $100 for cable and internet! They said that this was the set price without promotion and it wouldn't keep increasing. So then I can't see my bills online bc it says ERROR. So I call ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT MY BILL FOR NEXT MONTH WILL BE $170!!! AND THAT I WAS ON A PROMOTION!!!! WHAT THE HECK! Omg and customer service is soo not helful! The guy tells me I can get a promotion for $110 for more channels, faster internet, and phone service!!! The thing is I don't need phone service, we were supposed to have the fastest internet to begin with, AND I DONT NEED MORE CHANNELS. He basically says, take it has or leave it! Ugh!!!!! COMCAST SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Monthly Bill/Price Changing

As cable keeps going up and up and me not really a TV person and not taking advantage of all their services, I switched down to basic cable and internet. The long story short, basic was so basic I was just going to get an antenna and cancel the cable all together and just keep the internet service. At that time they offered me a good deal on both so I took and got a confirmation letter. To make a long story even shorter, I got several other confirmation letters (one even had me renting the cable modem…. Which I owned and had been using for years), so after 2 different calls and being tossed around from one person to another and having to start the whole conversation over again I just decided to fire them and just cut off my cable and soon to be cutting off my internet with them as well. That’s the problem with big companies today. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.
Comcast Internet Service
I started my Comcast service in Nov 2011, using my own Motorola modem purchased from BestBuy. I had internet only and was able to watch the free public TV channels. In March 2012 I moved to a new address and had internet using the same modem and also watched free...
Tags
  • High-definition television

Comcast Internet Down

Our broadband internet with Comcast has been down for 2 full days now. Sometimes it will come up but cant do this, can do that...slow as ***. So, we start calling and get the automated Customer No Service says we have issues in our areas and that the techs are aware of the problem and our service should be restored by (1st time) 1Pm, (2nd Time) 7PM, (3rd Time) 2AM, NOW the 4th call says it will be midnight. What the heck is going on with this company? This isn't the first time. I actually got hold of a live person that has VERY minimal information. Why do they not tell these people what the REAL issue is so they can relate that to customers? COMCAST DOES NOT CARE, period. All they want is that money coming in every month and could care less whether we have internet or not. AND, cant get broadband from anyone else. I assume if anyone from Comcast reads this they are laughing right now...and all the way to the bank tomorrow. THIS COMPANY BLOWS and should be disbanded by the FCC.

My Comcast broadband usually woorks good, when it is working. When there is a problem is when it gets tough. First Comcast Reps on the phone will insist it is YOUR equipment that is at fault and not their system. They always ask " are you using a Router " if you tell them Yes, they will instantly blame it on your router !

Every time I have had a problem with Comcast Broadband Cable Internet, I always check out all of my equipemnt first. I have multiples of the equipment I use and it is unlikely they all can't go bad at the same time except for the modem.

Interesting, every time I have had a problem it always ends up being " Their Equipment / Service " that is the problem and Not My Stuff !

When I found I could get DSL from my phone company for only 19.95 per month, I now have that too as a back up. When my Comcast service goes out you never know how long it is going to take them to restore it.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Your slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

I'm having the same problems as you. Are you living in the San Francisco area?

Comcast Internet has been down on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday for me.

It's really frustrating since I have finals and a research paper that requires me to use the Internet. Comcrap is the worst company and agree, should be disbanded by the FCC!

POVbyME

I had the same issues but when I called I was told that they had to have others complain to make it an issue. I live in a remote area and there was no one else to complain. They told me it would be 90 days to fix!

View more comments (3)

Comcast

When I started using Comcast, they provided me with a new email account at comcast.net, and sent all of my bills to that address that I didn't even know how to access. There wasn't even an option to send my bills to the email that I actually check. Of course I never checked this email, thus I never knew when i needed to pay a bill and therefore got stuck with late fees. I will be cancelling my service, since I would rather have no internet at all than *** internet and bad service. Thanks for being terribly inconvenient, Comcast.

Be careful you monitor what they are doing when you cancel your account. My husband and I switched to Qwest about 6 months ago.

We called and spoke to a rep on the phone at comcast and told them we were canceling and we would be paying the early termination fee. Then two months later we got a bill for two months, and we paid it. We were thinking maybe it was the final bill after the termination. Then 3 months after that we got another bill for three months.

Again we called them, and we were told that we were required to turn in the router. Even though when we cancelled we were not advised of this. We were told on that call that once they get the router back that they would remove the three months of billing and we would be done. I took the router to their office personally.

Then four months after that my husband received a call from a collections agency adviseing that comacst had turned us over to them for 7 months worth of billing. Then to make matters even better the very next week a salesman from their sales department called to say that since we were current customers that they had other offers for us to save money. At that point I came unglued on this person. Not only did they report us to the credit agency for something that we were not even using, but our credit card companies decreased our credit limits on all our cards, and almost doubled our interest rates on the cards.

All we got from comcast when we called about this was "We are sorry for the inconveince". SORRY!!!! Your mistake is going to cost us thousands!!!!

I will be calling the attorney general regarding this comapnay. Do not ever deal with these people at all!!!!

Isn't that ever te truth. Comcast does not create the email, the customer does.

When will they start taking responsibility for their actions and stop blaming Comcast and reps. Grow up and stop sucking your thumbs and get your head out of the sand.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

Send me a work order of what services you want. I can find you several offers from different companies.

I will tell you all the hidden charges and fees. My services are FREE. I assitst many business customers manage their telecom expenses. INclude service address of course.

I have provided 100% of my clients cheaper rates and direct personal account management 1-877-986-4783. or email billreview@uniquecom.biz

Just another *** unable to take responsibility for their actions. So you "couldn't" access the email and what?

You thought that meant you didn't have to pay your bill? Grow up!!!

Nice try but Comcast doesn't create the email address for you. YOU create the email address yourself.

So YOU created the email address and just never checked it. YOUR mistake NOT Comcast.

View more comments (5)