State: Florida City: Palm Beach Gardens Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (2 of 765 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast Customer Service Reps are Bullies!

In mid August I called Comcast to remove services from my billing. My bill had increased by $100 within the year. I just received a bill from Comcast for the same amount I was previously billed. When I called Comcast I spoke to Ruth, who did not seem to understand that since I made changes to my account before this bill cycled, I should have seen the new charges reflected on my account, since the billing cycled after I made changes to my account. To add fuel to the fire, my cable service has been out since yesterday, with no service calls available until tomorrow (over 2 days without cable). Ironically my High Speed Internet works fine. I became frustrated because I feel that the reps for Comcast are just lip service and either don't care (more than likely the case) or Comcast will not allow them to make accommodations to please the customer. Admittedly, the conversation became a little heated because of the frustration of having no cable and on top of it, receiving an incorrect bill and Ruth obviously not caring. Ruth became condescending in her answers and it was obvious by the tone of her answer of "mm hmm" that she was probably a bit perturbed herself. I decided to end the call because it was obvious that I was going to get no where with Ruth. Within a couple of minutes of hanging up the phone, I get a call from Comcast. The man on the other end said that I just called him when it was clearly on my caller ID that he called me. I told him that I did not call them, he called me. He was insisting that it was I who called. It was clear as day on my caller ID that they called me. I hung up from speaking to him. A couple of minutes later my cell phone rang. Go figure, a call from Comcast! I asked for the reps name. She said it was LaDonna. I asked why she was calling. She said that it was I who called them, not them calling me. I did not call them from my cell at all. I hung up my cell. A couple of minutes later my home phone rings again. What?!?! Tell me it isn't so!! It is Comcast calling for a third time. I answered the phone and this time the person did not even speak. I cannot wait until the bulk agreement for my community is expiring. It will be another loss of more than 500 customers for them, in addition to the ones they have already lost. When asking communities/customers why they switch from Comcast to some other provider 9 times out of 10 it's because of the customer service!
Review
Service
Comcast Internet Service
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Comcast in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida - Router, Router--Who's got the Router?

Add me to the list of those who have been "led astray" by DECEIPT courtesy of Comcast. I received a call from a ComCast telemarketer 2 weeks ago (Feb, 2010)--we talked about my current service phone Company DSL as opposed to Comcast. he gave me examples of packages--and we talked further as I was a little hesitant of changing ISP as i NEED 2 computers to be networked & share an Internet connection. The Telemarketer assured me the "transition" would be smooth & there would be NO charge for Installation--plus the price was "Right". So against 'instinct" I agreed. The service call took place as scheduled this morning with the installation guy prompt. After laying some cable & making the necessary connections, computer #1 was online & going great. HOWEVER, computer#2 seemed to be having trouble signing in to messenger. It turned out computer#2 was linked to an Ethernet switcher, but when the DSL was disconnected, so was the Modem/Router unit. Ergo, NO "connectivity" for computer#2. Then the installation guy said "well, you need to buy a Router"---"REALLY? No *** Sherlock", was my first thought. I tried repeatedly calling, chatting online with Comcast--even called their "Corporate Office" and spoke to a woman, whom the second time I spoke with her (3 hours later--didn't REMEMBER me until I started re-hashing the story"). The up-shoot was Comcast could send a Technician with a Router--but it will cost $149 to install--I told them I didn't NEED to for the Tech to install it, I'd do it myself. They WON'T send him over to simply "drop off" a Router. My second suggestion was I'd go pick up a Router at one of the local Comcast Centers--but they didn't HAVE any wireless Routers at their local Centers. My THIRD suggestion was to go to Radio Shack, etc buy a Router & get re-imbursed/compensated by Comcast--but they're not "authorized" to do this. However they ARE "authorized" to MIS-LEAD you into thinking that install is free & then inform you that you need a Router--which will co$t $149 to install. I have left messages online chat & over the phone for someone to get back to me --talked (supposedly) to the Secretary to the President--who said she would "escalate" my complaint --but STILL haven't heard from them. So, I'm taking matters into my OWN hands by filing this review, then will make a report to Better Business Bureau--Re: "Bait & Switch" tactics & then will look for ANOTHER Phone/Internet provider & DUMP Comcast where they belong--in the TRASH!

Ditto with respect to the complaint above (now here in 2011 when the supposed free routers were available). Ditto with respect to completely inconsistent info from customer service, and after telling me when I ordered (immediately) the "free" router plus S&H that it would be 3-5 days, it is now going to take 8 weeks.

PLUS, they refused to affer me ANY credit. I am switching back to DTV and Verizon.

From what you wrote, Comcast never promised you a free router. You assumed they would provide one for no charge, but you assumed wrong.

At that time, they did not offer routers to ANY customers without signing up for the "home networking" service which is the separate $149 charge you speak of.

Comcast does now provide free routers (although you do have to pay for shipping) and you can order one at comcast.com/wireless router. I agree that they were late to the game in providing them when compared with other services, but it's up to you as a consumer to weigh the pros and cons when you choose your provider instead of complaining when they don't give you things they don't offer.

"Addendum" to "Router, Router--Who's got the Router"?--after several emails back & forth "From the office of the Vice President", a representative has offered me a $25 credit. Nice gesture, but fIRST of all--any DECENT Router will cost upwards of $35--secondly and I DID emailthem back, saying Thansk but I would GLADLY return the $25 credit for someone to DROP OFFa Router.No response--these folks at Comcast are something, eh?

View more comments (2)