State: Florida City: Jacksonville Clear all filters (43 of 3925 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast, Poor Customer Service/Technical Support

Comcast representative stated that Comcast had made many improvements in my local and most consumers were upgrading their service to the X1 Platform and lowering their bills. After much thought and promises to lower my bill by $40 a mon. I agree to move forward with the X1 installation. Quality of service went from barely acceptable to one issue after another. I am told by several Technicians and Supervisors that the initial installation was done incorrectly and the proper protocols were not followed causing signal issues with TV, Internet and phone service. Started last Sept 2015 and still exist to date. I have followed all recommendations, trouble shooting guidelines, exchanged equipment out more the 1/2 dozen times to temporary at best results and poor support at best from Comcast. I feel do the the time I have invested, on line with troubleshooting, by phone with uncaring reps and the time taken from personal & work life that my patience/frustrations have hit the limit with all the excuses. I am at this time waiting on another Tech to come out again to state the obvious...I HAVE ISSUES AT THE TAP FROM THE POLE!!!

Comcast in Jacksonville, Florida - WORST BUSINESS IN THE HISTORY OF COMPANIES

I have had the most shocking experience with Comcast. I have never, in my entire life, experience a company that is so completely horrible. We have recently moved and it took over two weeks from our original appointment date for Comcast to come out to run wires to connect our Internet. We originally had an appointment for our house to get wired on the 2nd, since we moved into a home that we recently purchased and completely renovated. Our home was owned by someone who had Comcast previously, went through foreclosure and had an outstanding debt with them. COMCAST came to the home prior to us owning it, and cut the wires to the house. They put a block on our house so it was especially difficult for us to get them to honor their appointment. They didn't come out on the 2nd, they then said the 9th. They didn't come out on the 9th, and when we called them back they said they couldn't get there until the 16th. But they they said that they could get someone out there on the 13th. Someone came out on the 13th and said they couldn't do anything, because our wires had been cut BY COMCAST and he couldn't do a full rewire. So we had to wait unit the 16th, when we were originally told on the 2nd. We run a small business from home and lost over two weeks of business due to not having internet at our home. We spoke with so many representatives from the call centers, to the Xfinity store, to corporate representatives, to CANDICE from the Jacksonville, FL office, Candice was absolutely horrible and offensive. We had to wait over a week and a half for her to return our calls. Every time we contacted the corporate center, they told us we had to speak with her and no one else could help us....well guess what? Candice couldn't help us either!! Either Jacksonville has an terrible terrible terrible branch of Comcast and they don't know how to actually help customers, or Candice is the absolute worst employee of Comcast and its a shock how she ever got promoted into a regional rep position. She was so condescending, blamed US for not being internet installation experts and said Comcast did everything right and it was our fault. SERIOUSLY! It obviously wasn't our fault, but even it if was WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE would tell a customer that and act completely rude and disrespectful. I have never gotten so upset talking to a customer service representative. I feel that Comcast is a heartless monopoly who hires worthless people who are brainwashed by a *** paycheck. I cannot believe that they are the only provider in my area that has the internet speed we need. I honestly feel completely disrespected as a person, customer and human being with how they have acted. I have a very similar job as Candice-and I would NEVER respond to customers the way she did. I hate Comcast, and I don't recommend them to anyone...not even my worse enemy.
Coverage Area
Style and Design
  • Poor customer service
  • Poor excuses for bad service
  • Communication of changes
Show

Comcast in Jacksonville, Florida - The two year contract agreement only applies to the consumer

December 2014, misquoted the total monthy cost of the package I was sole. I emailed upper management and got the price adjusted to what I was quoted. Six months later the cost shot back up. I called on June 23, 215 and was able to get it back down. This rep told me I would have to call every six months to have the price adjusted. So six months later, like clockwork the price shot back up. I called and was refused any adjustment. So not my bill is 34 bucks more than the two year (locked-in) contract price. Bait and switch is the name of the game. Will be dumping them the end of this year....would do it now but they will charge 100 plus bucks to cancel or change my contract.....contract only applies to me. What a *** poor company. My son will also be leaving them.

Comcast Business Terrible Customer Service

I ended my service 4 months ago with Comcast and am still fighting with them to stop billing me, they forgot to mention I needed to fill out the termination request 60 days in advance, after that was satisfied, they still can't close the account after numerous calls with customer no-service. Comcast sucks for a small business . Avoid them at all costs, They act like they dont care, put you endless hold, rude, even been disconnected while on hold. The problem is not much competition.
2.0
I liked
  • Fast internet
  • Customer service incompetence
  • Billing practices
  • No attempt to try and please us
Show
They (COMCAST) claim they raise rates by $3.00-$4.00 sometimes monthly due to programmer charges ??? I ask why (COMCAST) take's it out on the customer, DEAL with the PROGRAMMER ! They also Changed my agreement, and my channel line-up, took away some channels I watched,...
mat1258
mat1258

I agree with you totally!

Mike_mn
Mike_mn

I understand your frustration.Problem is, Comcrust does have the Monopoly! Where else woudl anyone in their right mind sign a contract stating that they (The company) can cha...

1.6
  • Monopoly
  • Customer service robot

Comcast Was Horrible

Keeping it simple: Install guy shows up with ugly scratched cable boxes bigger than a VCR. I say, "Alright I can hide them, no prob." First 2 don't work. This slows installation process down (not the guys fault). Installation complete w/in 2 hours (Not ideal but not absolutely terrible). Box 1 stops working for TV that night. 2 Hour phone call to run tests. That doesn't work so we schedule someone to come out 2 days later to possibly replace the box. Not to worry, until it's fixed I can watch Netflix on my 25 mbps internet. Nope! Im only getting 2 mbps... Netflix won't stream. Another 2 hour phone call. Still not getting the speed. Next day, Comcast cancelled. They are not providing their people with the tools they need to provide the great services they claim to give customers. Ill pay a little extra for At&T. I had them for 2 years and never had any issues other than the cost being a but higher. At least their stuff is modern and works.

Comcast in Jacksonville, Florida - Another pissed customer

I used to rave about Comcast...even after they almost were kicked out of our big city many yrs ago for horrible service.Now we r back to horrible service. i this one week to fix something -their problem is ridiculous.What do I pay the $4.95 a month for? So it doesn't cost me anything when they come -it does not say WHEN they have to come? I have asked to pay lots extra to have them come in time for first football weekend. I used to get one day service.Now it is scheduled for aWEEK later.I asked one girl on phone today if she was sleeping during my conversation?We got a house full of company for Labor weekend for the football games and little kids and now no TV. I am disgusted.I filed a complaint with FCC today.
I liked
  • When it worked
I didn't like
  • Price and poor customer service

Comcast in Jacksonville, Florida - Promise 1 price, charge much more

Originally signed up for triple play when their reps were at our development. They not only could not deliver on their promised service but would not honor the price even though it was in writing. Finally just got internet service which started at $39.99 which was supposed to be their regular price. After 1 year, price jumped up $20 per month plus. If there were other options, I would run not walk away from Comcast. There customer service is beyond awful and they do not honor anything they claim to get you sign up. This government needs to do something since they pretty much have a monopoly in a large area.

Other Product Review

Was trying to become a new customer, and after extremely long customer holds, I became rather irate and requested a supervisor only to find out it was at third party that also serviced ATT.
Coverage Area

Comcast in Jacksonville, Florida - BILLING NIGHTMARE

RETURNED EQUIPMENT GAVE FORWARDING ADDRESS FOR FINAL STATEMENT BUT COMPANY KEEP BILLING. CALLED MULTIPLE TIMES TO EXPLAIN ISSUE, NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO RESOLVE. INCOMPATENT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. SUPERVISORS AND MANAGERS ARE BASICALLY NONE EXISTANT OR TOO AFFRAID TO ANSWER THE PHONE. CALL CENTER MUST BE OUTSOURCED TO INDIA. TRAINING FOR THE REPS IS LACKING. IT SHOULD NOT TAKE 3 MONTHS TO CANCEL AN ACCOUNT. EVEN IF YOU GO TO A PHYSICAL LOCATION, MANAGERS ARE ABSENT. NO WONDER, THE REPS JUST DO WHAT THEY WANT. BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DELT WITH. I WILL JUST GET INTERNET THROUGH THE PHONE COMPANY AND USE NETFLIX.