Verified Reviewer

Right from the beginning when I got Xfinity service at my new home in northeast FL in Sept., I had problems with the video pixellating and errors preventing me from accessing channels. It got so bad that I was forced to do a full system reset every day (and a reset often didn't even resolve the problem).

I'd contacted support multiple times and finally scheduled a tech visit. I was told that I'd be charged for the visit only if the problem ended up being something on my end (like cables not fully tightened). I left work early for the appt, and after a half hour or so, the tech declared the problem was with a connector or splitter or something that he said I didn't really need anyway. He took off the part and left.

Literally 12 mins later, the video *** out yet again. I got on the phone with their support to tell them this, and they recommended I go to the Xfinity store to swap out my cable box. I suffered through daily system resets the rest of the week, got a new cable box, and since then have had to do resets only about twice a week (which is still ridiculous). Then I found out that they charged me $70 for that useless tech visit.

They're now telling me that they charge for EVERY tech visit, regardless of what the issue is or whether it's fixed. I am stunned by this abusive behavior toward their customers. I escalated my complaint about this charge, and they refused to do anything other than have another tech come out without any additional charge (I'm still being forced to pay the original $70), to see if this one can actually fix the problem. And if the problem persists after this tech visit?

Well, then I can call support again and have this exact same conversation again.

What's even more infuriating is that I found out on the Nextdoor app that at least 6 of my neighbors are having the same problem, and when I brought that up, the rep said that those people need to call and complain. I want out of the 12-month contract I agreed to, as dealing with Comcast here in FL has been nothing but a nightmare.

Comcast Cons: Charge for tech home visits, Bad customer service, High cost, Lack of communication when they drop channels, Low quality equipment.

• Comcast fees