1K views

So Comcast tells it's customer's that if you have cable, you don't need to worry about going from analog to digital TV. You're covered right.

Now Cartoon network is transmitting on a digital signal and you can't get it "unless you have a DIGITAL CONVERTER WITH COMCAST". I have 4 TV's in the house, two of which are in my boy's separate rooms. So I now have to up the price of my bill by $15.00 to get one station. It's just another way for Comcast to force basic cable customers to switch to Comcast digital.

I am so angry I can spit nails right now. Comcast doesn't care about their customers, they only care about their bottom line, and this digital conversion is just what they were looking for to build their revenue.

Comments

Sonoma, California, United States #587386

There is an easy solution. Stop watching television, or switch to Hulu ($7.99 per month) or Netflix (also $7.99 I think).

Don't give Comcast any money you don't have to.

Most TV stations have everything online. You might have to wait a month or three for certain programs (Downton Abbey, anyone?) but you save so much money.

Every state has a commerce commission where you can file a complaint, usually online. Just google "[name of your state] commerce commission" and look for a link to file a complaint.

It removes the burden from you and places it on Comcast to fix the problem with state oversight. It works very well in Illinois.

Same boat, COMCAST is a RIP-OFF. Monopoly and forced to use their boxes for a fee.

there are no other cable providers in my area. ATT sucks.

I thought the MA-Bell regulations set a precedence. To use MA-BELL service you were forced to use only MA-BELLS phones?? I thought those days were over.

I dont see any difference with COMCRAP. Starting all over again....

I received a post card from Comcast that I could get 3 digital converter boxes for free so after 15 minutes on the phone, with me repeatedly asking if there will be any charges and the woman insisting that everything is free... they shipped me 6 boxes.

When my bill tripled due to the "extra boxes" and I tried to call to complain, they insisted that it didn't matter what I ordered, I have in my possession 6 boxes. When I asked how to ship them back, the lady gave me locations over 2 hours from me or offered to mail me a shipping label for $9.95. When she finally started offering me local offices to return the boxes, she gave me their summer hours!

It's a complete scam.

If they record their conversations, they should be able to pull up what I ordered and they should be forced to correct my bill immediately.

I didn't even open the boxes to know that they sent 6 because I haven't had time to hook them up yet. I certainly wasn't going to open them now that I want to return them.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

I hooked up the DTA Comcast provides for free. I was getting four times the channels before this digital converter change.

I'm sure Comcast is not going to decrease my bill along with decreasing my channel selection so they can keep their digital. Calling tomorrow to cancel service. Verizon is worse, they charged me for 4 months of cable service I never had.

Back to Netflix and redbox, news via my phone... works for me just fine!

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

F- Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

finally switched to verizon. one giant for another.

took my comcast equip in today, weight of world off my shoulders. surly rude counter rep on Najoles Rd in AA Co MD telling me that I still owe 2 digital converter boxes. I had multiple trips from service reps who could never get my service to work, everytime in they were tradind boxes.

shell game. so glad to be done

We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence.

ATTENTION: Federal law prohibits any homeowner's association or apartment building from restricting your rights to have a satellite dish or TV antenna. It is a violation of your rights of free speech to keep you from listening.

So saith the Congress of the United States. CAN COMCAST.

Get a $100 antenna at Radio Shack and stream movies from NetFlix, Blockbuster, Amazon, Vudu, etc, without all those commercials. You'll pocket $100+ every month and have higher quality picture and sound!

The new requirement from Comcast digital cable is a rip-off. Comcast or the new call xfinity now are requiring the use of their cable box for every TV in your house.

My family started with Comcast cable many years ago. They are offering two cable boxes per client which means now I need to rent a TV cable box and they are charging $2 dollar extra per month. My main TV has split TV which means I need now a box for my VCR plus a cable box for every other TV. For example, if you have a four bedroom house with TV in every bedroom and one in the living room and one in the kitchen (hopefully, you do not have one in the garage).

You will have to rent 3 or 4 cable boxes after the two extra they give you. Nowadays most people have their main TV in the living room with all kind of equipment. This is 8 extra dollars a month that turns into $96 a year extra that I did not have to pay before. Plus their taxes you will end up paying over $100 dollars a year.

We are definitely planning to change cable companies.

Gladly here in Houston we have more options to change cable companies. You could go satellite TV if Comcast cable is the only company in your city.

An unhappy customer

I am having the same problems as everyone else since comcrap began this digital converter scam!What I can't understand is why they are allowed to get away with all this!I'snt there a government agency that should be overseeing there underhanded tactics.Or maybe if there is they are all in comcast's pocket!

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay. Call Retention Department to get discounts.

Comcast sucks *** they killed my basic tv channels 2 - 76. I can't get the news anymore. so I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out where the nukes are gonna land off the suck *** day late news.

I don't mind having to buy a converter box but comcast won't sell them they only rent them. This is complete BS.

Why don't they let us pay them a one time fee instead of continually taking our money? What about lifetime memberships? They'll never do that. :cry :? It's distressing and puzzling.

I think Comcast is so greedy! I'm in an apartment complex and they have a bulk account with Comcast. We can't make changes to the exterior of the structure without Home Owner's Association's approval. It's such bull.

However, satellite is also bull. Stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. For their prices I might as well just watch everything on the web for "free" oh wait they got me by the balls there too. I think there should be laws against Duopolies.

There's no competition. One can pick AT&T or Comcast. That's it. Mom&Pop Telco doesn't have a chance in this market.

Snow balls in *** last longer. If you don't like either super mega corporate conglomeration blob from the swamp, then you're stuck buck-o. This parallels the US political system republican or democrat. don't like the guy in office vote the other party.

then that part gets elected. "oh this party sucks lets switch back" they say, but don't they remember that a short while ago you were saying that about the last guy? it applies here. it's relevant.

I want everyone to realize that it's not the company's fault necessarily, although they are doing some despicable things, it's the system itself that perpetuates these injustices. your fathers uncles parents friends, grandparents all fought in the cold war to promote capitalism, to keep the "evil reds" from winning in south east Asia and Korea. How's it working for you? China is lending us money!

China... you remember, largest COMMUNIST nation on Earth. How is that working for you COM(ie)CAST. Just like china, Comcast is stealing Americans money and putting into the pockets of corrupt fat cats, which is exactly the same as China.

the ruling elite are corrupt fat cats while the rest of the country lives in poverty. Sound familiar? it should.

Welcome to the New World Order. This is not America anymore.

I just spoke to a rep and she told me since they switched from analog to digital, every "old" TV that was plugged directly to the wall will require a adapter which can be picked up for FREE.

I completely agree! I just got off the phone with a comcast rep who hung up on me when I got upset and started questioning why they were screwing their customers.

I had the same issue...been a comcast customer with basic service for over 6 years and suddenly (without any notice to me) I lose half of my channels. I get these idiotic DTA boxes and suddenly I have even LESS channels. Now they tell me I have to pay more money if I want those channels back and of all the low down ***, they're holding the freaking CHILDRENS channels hostage! How ethical is that?!

Now the one channel that my 8 year old daughter likes to watch in her room I can't afford to pay for because ***-cast decided to hold it hostage!

I'll be looking into alternatives for my TV viewing immediately. If anyone knows of any class action suits or petitions that have started against ***-cast please post them!

To add to what everyone else is saying you are going to see steady price increases and unreliable digital service in many areas. The stuff Comcast does not tell you when you convert to digital is that every box has to be digital.

You can not use a HD cable ready TV without the box. You will have to pay for enough boxes to cover all your TVs. You will frequently have drop out of service for hours. You will also now have to PAY for service calls involving anything inside your home and that means even the wiring Comcast installed will now be obsolete according to them.

This company stinks to *** and back and just pulled a major fast one on it's own customers. It is a *** shame people let them get away with this ***.