So Comcast tells it's customer's that if you have cable, you don't need to worry about going from analog to digital TV.You're covered right.

Now Cartoon network is transmitting on a digital signal and you can't get it "unless you have a DIGITAL CONVERTER WITH COMCAST". I have 4 TV's in the house, two of which are in my boy's separate rooms. So I now have to up the price of my bill by $15.00 to get one station. It's just another way for Comcast to force basic cable customers to switch to Comcast digital.

I am so angry I can spit nails right now.Comcast doesn't care about their customers, they only care about their bottom line, and this digital conversion is just what they were looking for to build their revenue.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

Sonoma, California, United States #587386

There is an easy solution.Stop watching television, or switch to Hulu ($7.99 per month) or Netflix (also $7.99 I think).

Don't give Comcast any money you don't have to.

Most TV stations have everything online.You might have to wait a month or three for certain programs (Downton Abbey, anyone?) but you save so much money.

Every state has a commerce commission where you can file a complaint, usually online.Just google "[name of your state] commerce commission" and look for a link to file a complaint.

It removes the burden from you and places it on Comcast to fix the problem with state oversight.It works very well in Illinois.

Same boat, COMCAST is a RIP-OFF.Monopoly and forced to use their boxes for a fee.

there are no other cable providers in my area. ATT sucks.

I thought the MA-Bell regulations set a precedence. To use MA-BELL service you were forced to use only MA-BELLS phones?? I thought those days were over.

I dont see any difference with COMCRAP.Starting all over again....

I received a post card from Comcast that I could get 3 digital converter boxes for free so after 15 minutes on the phone, with me repeatedly asking if there will be any charges and the woman insisting that everything is free...they shipped me 6 boxes.

When my bill tripled due to the "extra boxes" and I tried to call to complain, they insisted that it didn't matter what I ordered, I have in my possession 6 boxes. When I asked how to ship them back, the lady gave me locations over 2 hours from me or offered to mail me a shipping label for $9.95. When she finally started offering me local offices to return the boxes, she gave me their summer hours!

It's a complete scam.

If they record their conversations, they should be able to pull up what I ordered and they should be forced to correct my bill immediately.

I didn't even open the boxes to know that they sent 6 because I haven't had time to hook them up yet.I certainly wasn't going to open them now that I want to return them.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine.So what he makes over 30 million per year.

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us.It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

I hooked up the DTA Comcast provides for free.I was getting four times the channels before this digital converter change.

I'm sure Comcast is not going to decrease my bill along with decreasing my channel selection so they can keep their digital. Calling tomorrow to cancel service. Verizon is worse, they charged me for 4 months of cable service I never had.

Back to Netflix and redbox, news via my phone...works for me just fine!

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

F- Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

finally switched to verizon.one giant for another.

took my comcast equip in today, weight of world off my shoulders. surly rude counter rep on Najoles Rd in AA Co MD telling me that I still owe 2 digital converter boxes. I had multiple trips from service reps who could never get my service to work, everytime in they were tradind boxes.

shell game.so glad to be done

It's worse being an employee.At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work.

We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence.