Resolved
3.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user May 16

Comcast gave me two credits and since I cancelled cable TV, I no longer am paying for watching ours. I am only paying for internet now.

Update by user May 16

By golly, they came through for me and gave me another $25 credit plus. Now I have no bill this next month! Whoopee!!!

Update by user Apr 11

Comcast did give me the $25 credit, and posted my $173 payment.So now, it looks like my bill will be ta-da, $67.40, a far cry from $165!!!!!

I just paid the remaining .69, which brought my next bill down to $66.71. Comcast is going to be having a heyday with me. I have an $5.79 15 ft. HDMI cable coming, through Yugster.

We will be hooking that up to our TV and my computer and watching programs with my internet for free. Also since I already have Amazon Prime, we will be watching movies and shows for $10.99 a month. There are many web sites showing how to hook up an HDMI cable to your TV plus videos on youtube. I will be buying an antenna that will have us watching our free local channels for $6.99.

I also have Kodi on my computer, which allows us to watch numerous channels for free. These are without commercials. So, let's total that up compared to what I would have been paying monthly. $66.71 + $10.99 = $77.70 a month, which I will cut $10 from that by buying my own modem.

Then my total bill will be $67.70 a month to Comcast.

Set up is $5.79 + $6.99 = $12.78 Think you still can't cut cable?I'll keep you informed how this is all going to work out.

Original review posted by user Apr 11

First, rather than pay a termination fee, downgrade to just internet or basic cable with a new promotion or package through their Loyalty Department.As long as you downgrade, they can not charge you a termination fee.

Then, after you get that set up, cancel cable tv and just keep internet. Now this is where it gets good-for you. Do some research on youtube and also through a search engine for how to cut cable on a dime. You will be amazed at how much you can save and have channels you want to watch.

Now that I have cut cable, we are going to use antennas and then, by saving from just using the internet, I will buy my own modem, my own boxes, such as Roku, etc. and we will only be paying around $20 a month, maybe a little bit more for Netflix and Amazon Prime, maybe Hulu Plus. But there are free aps you can add to non-cable boxes, such as Roku, wherein you can watch movies, local tv shows and sports "without commercials!" After dealing with their "promos", which never was what they promised, I decided, yesterday, to cut our cable for good. And this was after being on the phone with their loyalty department for over an hour.

I had called to pay my balance when I heard that I owed a past due bill of $41.30. I opted to talk to a representative instead to find out what the past due bill was about. This representative told me it was for my DVR, SD box and modem. I tried explaining I already was paying for them, and they shouldn't be extra charges.

She insisted that the past due charge was for them. Finally, she sent me to the Loyalty Department. That rep told me he didn't know why she said that:it wasn't correct. Actually, it was because of two late fees plus.

Then he proceeded to offer me two plans (to help me keep my cable tv dvr.) Then, after putting me on hold (this is to get you all excited anticipating you will be able to save all that money and still have a great package), he told me that the cheaper plan was not available to me, as a customer. He apologized because he tried three times to give me this great deal of $102 a month. This would have been with both boxes, modem, taxes and fees included. And that this package would be for a year without any contract or agreement.

But, of course, the more expensive plan was available to me. That one was $132 a month with a lock in of that price for, get this, five years with no contract or agreement and, according to the rep, was all boxes, modem and fees and taxes included. This was when I decided, Comcast, you're not fooling me again. So that was the final straw.

At first, he told me he was giving me a $20 credit to help me out. During our conversation, he upped that to a $25 credit. I, actually, think he was a pretty nice guy and really wanted to help me keep my cable. But, then again, he was doing his job.

When it was all said and done, I thanked him but stuck to my guns. I only wanted the least expensive internet available-no cable. He told me the internet plus. or some such offer, is $74 a month.

Oh no. I'm not paying that. I, finally, got it down to $59.99. My contract is gone.

I now pay only monthly with no agreements. I asked him if my bill would go down rather than the $163. He told me, yes it will. He told me he would send my new agreement to my email.

Some time later, I go to their web site to see if I had received the credit and if the plan had been changed. Nope. Also, I still haven't received an email regarding this new arrangement. But I don't know why I thought that it would be changed yet or I would get the email.

They have a really slow web site, and I've had other pretty serious problems with it. I can hardly ever get into my email or account. And this has been going on for over a month now. Even with tech support, this never has been resolved.

And this is after trying with four different browsers! I, actually, got into my account, and saw, according to their billing, I owe two different payments. One for $163 with my last agreement, which was only supposed to be $109.99 with boxes, modem, taxes and fees included and $91.70. Both are supposed to be paid in May.

After I paid $173, I got a text saying I still owe $91.70. First, rather than pay a termination fee, downgrade to just internet or basic cable with a new promotion or package through their Loyalty Department. As long as you downgrade, they can not charge you a termination fee. Then, after you get that set up, cancel cable tv and just keep internet.

Now this is where it gets good-for you. Do some research on youtube and also through a search engine for how to cut cable on a dime. You will be amazed at how much you can save and have channels you want to watch. Now that I have cut cable, we are going to use antennas and then, by saving from just using the internet, I will buy my own modem, my own boxes, such as Roku, etc.

and we will only be paying around $20 a month, maybe a little bit more. After dealing with their "promos", which never was what they promised, I decided, yesterday, to cut our cable for good. And this was after being on the phone with their loyalty department for over an hour. The rep told me there were two plans he could give me (to help me keep my cable tv dvr.) Then he proceeded to tell me that the cheaper plan was not available to me, as a customer.

But, of course, the more expensive plan was available to me. That one was $132 a month with a lock in of that price for, get this, five years with no contract or agreement and, according to the rep, was all boxes, modem and fees and taxes included. The previous offer I couldn't have, $102 a month with no contract and all the same hemhaw. This was when I decided, Comcast, you're not fooling me again.

So that was the final straw. Now we go on to his giving me a credit of, $25. This was after he had offered me a $20 credit. I thanked him but stuck to my guns.

I only wanted the least expensive internet available-no cable. He told me the internet plus. or some such offer, is $74 a month. Oh no.

I'm not paying that. I, finally, got it down to $59.99. My contract is gone. I now pay only monthly with no agreements.

So I go to their web site, which by the way, I can hardly ever get into my email or account. I had made a payment, but that wasn't showing yet. I was promised an email with the new agreement. I have not received that yet, and I have not seen that $25 credit, either.

Now I see that I owe two different payments. One for $163 with my last agreement and $91.70 with credits given to me. Both are supposed to be paid in May. It is quite confusing, and I have no idea what they really want me to pay.

The rep told me that my bill will go down before May. We'll see. Stick to your guns for what you want. The Loyalty Department is there to try to get you to do things their way, but you only have to pick what you want, not what they want.

Best to ya.It is quite confusing, and I have no idea what they really want me to pay. The loyalty rep told me that my bill will go down before May. We'll see. What I suggest for you.

Stick to your guns for what you want.

The Loyalty Department is there to try to get you to do things their way, but you only have to pick what you want, not what they want.Best to ya.

Review about: Comcast Cable Tv Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: When it works its good.

I didn't like: Inability to help, Cable service.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments