Here is my experince with Comcasts customer service department. I came home one day and found my Cable and internet off.

This was confusing to me since I paid my bill. When I tried to call comcast all I got was a recording telling me my account was past due and I had tp pay tp restore service. The only options I recieved was pay over the phone and press 2 for list of payment centers. I was never given the option to speak to a representiative.

I called every number on my bill and the system reconized my phone number so no matter what I was redirected to this *** recording. Now I am getting very angry because the money has been taken out of my bank account they have it but I have been shut off and I cannot speak to a Live person to get it resolved. Finally I called the main number and selected the option to sign up for new service and finally a live person awnsered the phone who toke the brunt of my horu long aggravation of trying to reach a live person. She did handle it professionally and did see my payment was pending and restored my service right away.

Luckily I knew to ask if there would be a restart fee added to my account and of course there was until I asked about it. Long story short I have been a customer for 6 years and I can't get in contact with the company unless I pretend to be a new customer which shows what they are really concerned about. If we are suppossed to be a service based economy and this is the level of service we recieve it is no wonder why are economy fell apart.

P.S. with all of the layoffs and people out of work these are the people who are supossed to be the best available.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

1- Price gouging.

2- Unfair business practices.

3- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

4- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

5- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

6- Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

7- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

8- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

I have called Comcast for service 3-times in the last 2 weeks. Once they came out because my cable tv was missing subscription channels, they "fixed" that on one television, channels were lost on 2 others.

They sent another rep out to "fix" the other two, and 2 days later, the same channels were lost again. We made another tech appointment, and then our comcast phone line went out.

We have ANOTHER appointment on Friday. GOOD GOD, WTH kind of sub-standard equipment and unqualified "professionals" work for COMCAST???

Ed1965

Customer service for existing customers is really bad with Comcast. Where I lived, there is no other way to get internet apart from Comcast so I am stuck with them but I would go to another company in a heartbeat if I could.

Now they have the Visa card deal for new customers while people like myself that have been a loyal paying customer gets nothing after 6 years of paying their crazy charges. By the way, my internet fee has tripled in the last 6 years while other companies have reduced their fees, Comcast is a rip-off.

Yes, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! Avoid if at all possible.