Woodbridge, Virginia

I switched my telephone service to xFinity from Verizon on Friday, October 9th. A little over a week later, I received the "recently disconnected" letter from Verizon. The installer had trouble "porting" my number over, but he was finally successful. All-in-all, I thought the switch over went rather smoothly. In addition to cable TV and internet, now, I also have phone service with xFinity/Comcast.

I received a PIN via email within 10 day, but had trouble setting up my voice account. This was a minor irritation and had planned to call when I had time to wait on the phone. In retrospect, I should have realized this nuisance foreshadowed problems to come!

On the morning of October 31st, I picked up my cell and saw a text message from my daughter. She'd tried to call home the night before, but had received a "number not in service". Sure enough I picked up one of my house phones and no dial tone; called home number from my cell and I too received the same message.

Imagine my surprise and horror when I called xFinity and was toldy by Chante (customer service) that xFinity does not have my home telephone number! The phone number I've had for the past 24 years is, according to Chante, owned by "some other carrier"...and she'll find out which carrier.

Before I switched, I specifically (and several times) asked, will I be able to keep my same phone number. I was repeatedly assured, by both the salesperson and the installer, my phone number won't change. I NEVER would have switched had I known the number I've had for all these years, that is associated with my life - family, friends, business, work - would be lost because of a "mistake" on your part.

No one should have to go through this! I'm advising everyone I know (and even folks I don't know via the web) don't switch to xFinity! I'm calling Verizon and begging them to take me back - with my old telephone number.

Comments

My 90 yr.old mother was tricked into switching to ComCRAP VOIP.Three days ago the phones quit working,no dial tone,when I tried calling it just rings and rings.Called ComCRAP & spent over 30 minutes with Tawana who assured me even though the system said no technician could come for 3 days,they would "try" to get someone out sooner because mom has a Life Alert that needs a working phone line.It's been 3 days and nothing has been heard or seen from ComCRAP! As soon as I can port her # to another service,I'm cancelling everything from them.

Three days ago Comcast/Xfinity (what ever name they go by dosent change who they are nor change there bad reputation) CANCELLED my phone service for no apparent reason. When i called to complain the first time, Thursday night, I was told a tech needed to come out.

When he came the next day he informed us our service was canceled and that we needed to call back and resubscribe for phone service. That officially made the FIFTH time I placed the order in SIX weeks. We'll see tomorrow morning, thats when they said it would be fixed by, if I have phone or not. If not Im going to Vonage or back to Verizon.

Super pissed off Comcast Xfinity customer!!! :( :( :( Comcast you may change your name but it dont change who you really are INSTEAD try changing your service!

My Cable was SWITCHED unbeknownst to me MID-Movie to X-Finity and it is Now telling me that I must call to have a Representative come to my home to fix the problem which I NEVER asked for in the first place!

My FREE MOVIES on-demand have all but been swiped clean and I for one am NOT a happy camper, :(

Comcast may have been responsible for the porting issues you all experienced, but it's JUST AS LIKELY that Verizon screwed up and didn't allow Comcast to take the number when they were supposed to. It's pretty much a 50/50 shot, none of these companies are reliable when it comes to this ***.

Sad but true. Someone is just as likely to have these issues porting to ANY other company.

Yikes...I'm facing the same issues except that the technitian switched my phone from Verrizon to Comcast without my permission.

The door to door sales guy, Thai Nguyen (From San Jose California) sold me on upgrading my cable and internet service and send out the technitian. Now, he won't have anything to do with fixing my phone problem even tough he initiated the process. Germaine at the 800 number promissed me I would have my original number in 24hrs. Didn't happen and now they are telling me up to seven days.

In the meantime I'm reading the Comcast commitment to customers that tells me they will fix my problems as soon as possible. NOT.

I had similar problems when I switched from Verizon to Comcast for phone service. Also I was missing incomming calls. I had someone call me for 10 times in a one hour period, only 6 of the 10 calls rang my phone and NO, my phone is not defective !

Tow weeks and many problems and many hours spent trying to talk to COmcast reps, and I switched back to Verizon for " traditional " landline phone service. Sure I have to pay all those taxes on the phone bill but I just now smile and think , at least I have something reliable and it works.

Comcast also " lost " my phone number during the process of the changeover.

Never again ! I'd rather pay for traditional phone service and have something I can count on ! The sound quality is much better than the VOIP on comcasts phone service ( VOIP = Voice over Internet Protocol )