A neighbors tree knocked down my cable line at Nov. 17 and I promptly reported at 1:06 am which took around 30 minutes including hold time and transfers.

Service tech arrived Nov. 18 at 6pm and reconnected to line, but did not check any other connections, attempt to see if it was working -- just left. Call #1 to Comcast Nov 18 at 6:33 pm and took 30 minutes including hold time for rep to refresh and then if that didn't work I was to unplug device and re-try. Did not work.

Call #2 at 7:09 pm took 28 minutes. Did not work. Call #3 at 8:16pm took 28 minutes. Did not work.

Call #4 at 9:01 pm took 21 minutes, rep scheduled service call for Nov 19 8 to 10am. No show. Call #5 at 10am took 41 minutes. I asked to speak to a supervisor which never happened.

Rep said there was no record of a service call nor any of the other calls. Her ticket said service was completed. Scheduled an appt for Monday am, but I don't feel I should have to miss work for it and she requested an "expedited" call. A service person will call me within 2 to 3 hours.

I have no reason to think this will happen...so far its been 1 hour. I don't know what they mean by their customer service guarantee, but I can guarantee you're not going to like it.

Comments

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

F- Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

I agree. I was *** enough to believe the sales rep that I could hook up my own tv upgrade.

After calling about 16 service techs all from India I finally sent the two boxes back that would not work at all. The one i did get hooked up was not working properly. After calling about 10 times the rep finally said the problem was with the cable in the house. They finally sent out a service tech.

He told us the cable was all screwed up and fixed it. However, the tv still was not working properly. we had no on demand or showtime. He said that someone was going to come out to fix on the outside.

after another week the set is working properly about 50% of the time. The real clincher is that they are charging me for three hd boxes that never got hooked up. I have called at least 10 times to get this corrected and nothing happens. every time i pull up my bill there is a different charge.

they act as though they never received the equipment back. If I had only known that I was dealing with the worst company in the country I would have been more carefull.

Right now I just want to take the equipment and bring it into a comcast office and throw it at someone's head..... : :(
to d. mehrtens York, Pennsylvania, United States #590894

Get in line, friend...many of us have been treated in this shabby way by this corporate glutton of a company. They abuse and abuse their customers and do not allow any competition that would force them to act better. To *** with them.

They know we have no comparable alterntinativetiwhere are the antitrust regulations?

I bet they never called. Same thing happened to me.

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay by a fat sup named Kim Edwards in the Lynnwood, WA call center. Call Retention Department to get discounts.

We have begged, pleaded, tried being nice, being nasty, everything we can think of to just get our cable and internet fixed. For a year and 1/2 every time it rains, we have no cable and no internet.

I just can't believe that there is no home office and no person that cares how their customers are treated. But apparently nobody cares.