I have been a customer of Comcast cable & internet services for several years now, as they bought out our old cable & Internet provider. Ever since the switch, we have had constant problems with both services. I estimate that I've been on the phone with their "customer service" for a total of 100+ hours. For one, the internet always seems slow. It also goes down multiple times a week, whether it be just resetting itself, for a couple of minutes, or it has sometimes gone down for days. I usually wait for around 30 minutes before calling as it's become normal for it to go down for 10-20 minutes then come right back up frequently. If I do call in, I usually wait on hold for 20-30 minutes, then some loud African-American woman says "Hi, Comcast, what's your problem?" I then explain the issue and she takes about five minutes to "Look at my account information" then says either the obvious unplug your router/modem then replug, or asks if it's plugged in like I'm ***. Saying no, and that I've un/replugged multiple times, she says they'll send someone out to check it.
About the "Technician". They say that they'll be out in 2-3 days when it's usually 5-6. They can't come in to our house to survey the problem unless someone 18+ is present, and after looking at the router and modem they ask obvious questions and then look at the box at the top of our hill and say that it was a low signal, and that it's their fault.
Since there are no other companies that service where I live, I can only hope that one of them expands so that I can switch. It sickens me that Comcast can provide such a terrible service, and still make billions of dollars a year. And if you are reading this Comcast, I give my middle finger to you.
(P.S. While I was writing this, my internet went down again. Probably Comcast trying to stop me from telling the truth :P)
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Cable Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " Would not recommend. Sets you for an auto-renewal which I didn't know and caused my bank to overdraft. (Of course, no refund permitted) It can also get creepy. I'm..."
- "Comcast came to install my neighbors Internet service over six months ago. I phoned comcast to ask when were they going to come back to fix this issue, they replied..."
- "Us this what I am paying for?? What's next??..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."