I signed up with comcast 5 months ago because of a $300 gift card promotion they were running. After calling almost every month to ask about the gift card, today I was told that I am not entitled to the gift card because it was not in the system.

I've spent over 6 hours on the phone with them over the last 4 months to find this out today.

The company will scam you if you dont make sure you have written proof of all of which you've agreed on with the salesperson. At first, they even started charging me for more than what I had signed up with them for, and it took 2 months for them to fix.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Gift Card.

Comments

Portland, Connecticut, United States #732875

I signed up on-line in Oct 2012 and again in Jan 2013 when comcast sent me another request canceling my first contract; why I don't know; for 149.99 a month for 1 year 179.99 a month for the next year with a $250 prepaid gift card. Trying to get this card is proving extremely difficult, have spoken to 6 people who have told me the rebate request was inputted incorrectly and that they each fixed it, the Executive Customer Relations Dept said I didn't sign my on-line agreement; but I did and copied the form which I am sending to the Attorney General of my state alone with a formal complaint.

I have also filed a complaint with the BBB and will continue to explore any avenue to resolve this matter. :(

Concord, California, United States #697591

I submitted an email to "we_can_help@cable.comcast.com," and I received a voicemail message regarding my issues that said to call Comcast. I called Comcast and had to talk to 4 different people. After the third person, I was ready to cancel my account and go back to AT&T due to the poor customer service and demeaning tone. I have two issues that need to be addressed and rectified immediately or I will be cancelling my account and good luck trying to make me pay any penalties after I prove breach of contract on Comcast's part.

1. I was told that I was late on our may payment and wouldn't be eligible for reimbursement of the $100.00 deposit because of it. I opened my account in April and apparently the billing department was back logged (this is what was told to me by the sales department person I spoke to who was the 4th person I had to talk to) and I didn't get the bill until late. So; how is this my fault? If I had received the billing statement in a timely fashion, I would have paid it in a timely fashion.

2. Again, I called to check on the status of the $250.00 rebate that I signed up for and AGAIN, I had to go through 4 different people all of which said they could tell me what the status was but never did and ultimately directed me to go to www.checkmyrebate.com (don't know why they couldn't just look it up for me). I went to the website and put my account number in just to get the following response:

"Our records indicate that the service does not meet the eligibility requirements.

Please call 1-800-526-3268 1-800-526-3268 FREE from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern time Monday - Friday if you have any questions."

I specifically signed up for this particular service to get the $250.00 rebate and am now being told I'm not eligible.

I was also scammed after 6 months of waiting and calling for my gift card for installing triple play I was told I was not eligible because I was not on 24 month contract. The DVR sucks so I changed to Direct TV. Great system and cheaper.