Panama City, Florida

I requested internet and cable service through Comcast. They quoted an installation charge, but the actually charge was more than twice the verbal quote.

The installer never managed to activate the DVR feature on my HD/DVR box (after attempting the install for 4 hours). He left and said it would be taken care of later. I've made 6 phone calls to Comcast about the box, and after repeated, over the phone, failed attempts to resolve the issue, their solution is for me to bring them the box and they will let me take another one home an try it out. To me, this means the installation was never complete.

While the installation and service that was promised was never delivered/provided, I still seem to be legally obligated to pay. This is extremely deceptive and disheartening.

I'm frustrated and appalled to know businesses like this are, not only permitted to operate without penalty, but allowed to thrive.

Comments

Lake City, Florida, United States #832633

Complain to the FCC. Comcast does not hold up their end of the contract - any contract that legally binds you to pay, also binds them to provide a service for your money not to mention your time.

Lodge a complaint at FCC.gov.

If more Comcast customers would do it, there will be an investigation. You know the government wants to have their noses in everything and this is just the thing to distract the public from what they are REALLY doing!